Newest "4A" Model from VHSL

hhstigerfan

Newest 4A Model from VHSL

I like this one. The current AAA schools would have nothing to whine about because their districts will be kept completely intact but organized into 3 regions instead of 4 and the other 3 classes look to be pretty even. Don't think it has a snowballs chance of passing though!

Auburn, Bland Co., East Mont, Narrows, Pocahontas, and Radford is the same district? Sounds about as good as the MED is now. I hope it doesn't pass. Although Giles going to Cave Spring for a district game sounds like it's got potential.

If the VHSL goes to 4A and doesn't let Graham play up, I'd like to see them in the BDD and not the Hogoheegee. I'd like to see this pass because then they could just have 4 state champs in football instead of 6. I think the exec. committee meets in September, or maybe October.

[ QUOTE ]

The timeline calls for feedback at the December meeting, a vote next March, a year for appeals, and implementation in the Fall of 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks for Abingdon.

Why would Lee make a big a fuss over this? It would solve most of their travel problems. I personally think it's a good plan for Lee, actually its sort of the way I thought the district should be anyway.

Anyway, if this did pass and Lee made a big deal over it, then I think we all here in Lee should go beat some sense into the school board (should've done that long ago) and anyone else who objects it. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like Martinsville will remain in AA with Magna Vista and Bassett moving up to AAA in a new district. Martinsville will still be able to play Magna Vista and Bassett right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't see why not...

Is it just me or did everyone notice Graham is on there twice? Why they have Graham under AA and under A .... which one is it... In AA they have us in pretty much the same district adding Marion and Leb. minus Carroll County... But then in A ... its that one yall said with all the regular Single A.... Which is it?

[ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or did everyone notice Graham is on there twice? Why they have Graham under AA and under A .... which one is it... In AA they have us in pretty much the same district adding Marion and Leb. minus Carroll County... But then in A ... its that one yall said with all the regular Single A.... Which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they set it up based on enrollment then "reassigned" some teams based on past history of "playing up" and forgot to remove Graham from the Class A list.

Either way, I think the VHSL is taking a small step in the right direction...

Auburn

Bland/Rocky Gap

Eastern Montgomery

Narrows

Pocahontas

Radford

Looks like a stellar district....NOT....it would be a two team race EVERY year.

The only problem I see is the fact that Pocahontas may not even exist when this happens, if it happens.