GRAHAM SCRIMMAGE!

ballbreaker

Grahams defense stole the show in glade spring against a strong running game from both PH Roanoke and Gate City our offense needs to be fine tuned but all in all I think we will do fine this year glade to see the young players getting good playing time.Also just to mention Gate city and PH glade spring did not score on our defense only 2 td were given up and it was PH roanoke during 2 different scrimmages we tied both times with PH roanoke no score in first scrimmage against GC but beat in 2nd scrimmage 1 td to o beat ph glade spring.I dont have any 2nd thoughts about this year I am looking forward to the first game cant wait good luck G-MEN lets go 10-0 for the COACH!!

Nick does the samething year in and year out for scrimmages. Up the middle just about every play. Parks will shine when the combination of lineman comes to the top. Tonight though up the middle, up the middle. Graham score on our 1st team once that was it. We score on every team 1st team at least once and graham did to. The only PH glade springs score came on GC 4th team. PH Ronake scored once on Graham and several time PH Glade spring. The 2 PH team did not score on GC 1st team defense. While we did not look really impressive well when have we in a scrimmage? GC will be just fine this year and should be a real fun year too.

I felt that Graham & GC matched up pretty good. The strange thing that i notice is GC sub-ed in the line on every play with alot of differant player, i guess to trying to find the right combination. For this time of year all teams did not look to bad but in a scrimmage nobody brings their A game. It is a good time figure-out who needs to be were. PH glade spring should do Ok in their district, I look for big things out of both Graham & GC. PH Ronake may go 3-7 in 3A ball.

you said gc scored on every team 1st team.Sorry to tell you but gc nor ph glade scored on grahams 1st team 2nd team 3rd team 4th team or any team. I was there filmed it i should know.We gave up 2 td the entire scrimmage.If it wasnt for the 2 15 yard trash talking penaltys would have given only 1 td all afternoon.GO G-MEN

Your coach yelled out DAG NABBIT real loud when it happen so you must have been watch something like the blonde in the middle of the stands. Yes GC scored on every teams 1st. team at least once. Graham has a quick defense and looked very impressive. GC was switching so many players in and out that they never did get in to any rythem. With the fire and heart that Graham brought to the scrimmage if they bring that to the SWD they should great this year. Considering that this is a scrimmage GC did not play with fire & will to win as normally seen in games. IMO GC looked a little sluggish.

If yall are done..... smirk.gif Throw some names out. Who looked good for the G-Men? No need to shame those who didn't, but who performed well? How's the line? It all starts there.

Grahams line on defense is very fast and hit with the power of a mack truck unless you prefer freightliner.They swarm to the ball very well.On offense the passing attack was pretty good the short passes were effective and kept all teams from playing 11 men in the box.I thought we looked very good everyone got to play which is very important looking forward to the G-A-M-E GO G-MEN!

[ QUOTE ]

We heard this same talk heading into last season about Graham. I'll reserve judgement until the Beaver/Graham game, but the hype sounds the same, will the results be the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pleease come watch...

[ QUOTE ]

Grahams line on defense is very fast and hit with the power of a mack truck unless you prefer freightliner.They swarm to the ball very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know where thats coming from cuase if you run the ball alot all grahams defensive line does is fall down and try to take out your legs

Am I guessing though on the Coach that got the penalty for saying, (as the one guy said) "Dag Nabbit" which if I am not mistaken as Ballbreaker said was really "Dag Gumit" that was Coach Marrs right... haha If so wow why did they give him a penalty for that one? He always says that.... Did anyone hear him call anyone "Bucket HEAD!" haha I love it... But yea I will actually have to see how they are this year... Just reading what yall were saying got so confusing considering it was back and forth back and forth rambling... haha but either way if what ballbreaker said about the defense is true... Maybe the defense will hold the team up this year...

I watched it, PH (GS) sucked, Poole was the only consistant guy, and a little tip... whichever foot the FB has up is the way they went... did that every time..... GC looked like they weren't as good as people said... That PH Roanoke fumbled alot and thats why PH (GS) looked half decent... Basically PH (GS) was only as good as the other teams offense fumbled lol.

Henry looked pretty good 2 tds one from 5 and the other from 35 brown had a screen pass and scored from 30 yards tj is better on defense but will run and recieve on offense they looked very strong on defense but will know more when they face this college bound qb friday night by the way anyone know how to get rockbridges field?

take interstate 64 to lexington and the school is on the right coming from beckley or on the left from roanoke take the lexingon exit off interstate 64 do not know the exact number but i will look today and tell you later

just depends on which direction you take

but you can see the stadium lights from the interstate.

Personally, i wasn't impressed with any of the four teams.Of course no one really showed very much this early. I thought that Graham and Gate City probably showed the most potential followed by Patrick Henry and PH Roanoke. I can't say Graham moved the ball that well against Gate City. On their TD drive, their first five plays were for negative yardage. If I remember right, Gate City then substituted their defensive lineman, and the GMen's QB threw a nice slant pass for a 20 yard gain. On the 8th play of their 10 play set, Graham spread the field with 4 wide and snuck Henry through on the draw from 50 yards out. He scored but it seemed to take him a long time to get there. On defense, it was the usual Graham, aggressively blitzing the linebackers up the middle. They didn't appear to me to have any more speed than usual. On the contrary, I thought them a step slower. In conclusion, I don't see any improvement over last years' team and the G Men will have to fight like crazy and get some lucky bounces to finish 5-5 this season.

its amazing how 2 people can watch the same game and interpret it totally opposite, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion which makes this board great.

i thought graham showed a lot of speed and good size on their line.

Henry's run took so long because everybody hit him and no one could bring him down.

the defense also had ALOT of speed and went to the ball well. We'll know a lot more after this weekend's scrimmage with Rockbridge Co.