Gilliams d3 ratings have richlands at #2,.........

parsons

Thinking way, way ahead here.... Who hosts the Division 3 state semifinal game? Is it Region III or Region IV?

Wanted to go ahead and clear that weekend on my calendar and make travel plans (if necessary). That game will decide the Division 3 state title. And if it happens to be Liberty vs. Richlands, it should be a great one.

No offense to anybody, but Gilliam's ratings are not any type of official ratings or anything, they are basically something that Matt came up with and has fun with. I would like to see Richlands make it that far, but they haven't played one single game yet. We will know just how good everybody is when they actually see some real competition.

The numbers on Gilliam's "preseason" ratings are the ending numbers from 2004. They mean absolutely zero right now. After about three weeks of play, his numbers will be much more accurate. Matt is a math wizard and his formula is second to none, but don't put much faith in the early numbers.

[ QUOTE ]

Thinking way, way ahead here.... Who hosts the Division 3 state semifinal game? Is it Region III or Region IV?

Wanted to go ahead and clear that weekend on my calendar and make travel plans (if necessary). That game will decide the Division 3 state title. And if it happens to be Liberty vs. Richlands, it should be a great one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Region IV's turn to host the Semis...Tazewell went to Gretna last year.

[ QUOTE ]

No offense to anybody, but Gilliam's ratings are not any type of official ratings or anything, they are basically something that Matt came up with and has fun with. I would like to see Richlands make it that far, but they haven't played one single game yet. We will know just how good everybody is when they actually see some real competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are not official numbers but you can't argue with picking the winner of any given game at an 85%+/- clip. His formula is truly amazing and will give you a very good idea of how all the schools stack up against one another.

now who is this gilliam guy? how can i get to see these things. i dont understand how this is accurate, but like some one else said i guess we'll see AFTER we get through the season. oh well tho.. i kno tazewell aint nothin big this year but for our division we might have a chance

Tough part is, I feel the toughest competition is the SWD as in the old days. Those were the days. Winner of the SWD will get to repeat a couple of games in the Regional playoffs.