honest opinion about Graham vs Bluefield

futbolking

Graham has a slight advantage in experiences, however Bluefield has the speed advantage and as all Graham fans know, they have big play capability every year. I say Graham will pull out a hard fought victory, simply because they have an outstanding defense this year. I look for Graham's offense to sputter if they try to throw the ball. Graham's strength will be in running the ball this season. I sure hope they don't try to run the spread and air it out a lot, because it's too early in the season for the qb to be honed. Later in the season, spread it out, open it up and let it fly. To beat Bluefield, Graham will need to control the clock and not give Bluefield's quick defenders a chance to come up with a big interception... what does everybody think?

sounds dead on... Graham will have a TON of emotion behing them... even more then the Beaver / Graham game carries, so these kids will be sky high. Graham can use that to make those big defensive plays they always seem to come up with. then they need to use that momentum on offense to push it down the field. Bluefield has that big play ability that can be the difference in a win and a loss. however, they do have the ability to pound it right up the gut for a couple yards at a time with Carter. i'll be interested to see what kind of game he has on offense. as usual, this game is so close that i think it'll come down to mistakes. the team with less turnovers and less penalties controls the win. both teams are young, so we'll just have to see who steps up.

Graham is young yes but we have alot of experience this year.We also have leadership that we were badly missing last year I think people will be shocked friday night a just how fast our defense is I expect a very good game alot more exciting than recent years has produced but I predict GRAHAM 17

BEAVER 7

GO G-MEN!!!!!

Definately too close to call. Only prediction I will make is a total score under 20. Bluefield will be quick for sure, but folks will be very surprised at the speed in Graham's secondary. In my opinion, Graham will do best to run a simple game plan with a little of everything, avoiding turnovers, and everything will work fine. The pressure is on Bluefield to come up with something special to counteract the Graham headhunters. I would look at misdirections (like that darn scissors play) and reverses to take advantage of an overpursuing Graham defense that will be trying to pile 11 players on the ball everytime. HOWEVER, I wouldn't reveal too much of this further than 30 yards from the goal line if it comes down to one big play. Any farther out than this and you will see how fast two of the backs in Graham's secondary are as they will recover and catch runners. Possibly run this misdirection with a wide out so that at least one of Graham's colts will be on the other sideline. I'm very excited about Graham's defense the next few years. Lot's of meanous on this team, no lack of confidence, and some folks that will want to play right in your face. Just some good ole rough necks. Personalities and abilities that made up the great defenses of '89 and '90. And mark this down and watch, an unsung beast will begin to emerge in Graham's #21 (if he hasn't changed #'s). Another Eddie Hall or Marcus Latimer? A man amoung boys? Time will tell. Can't wait. Looking forward to seeing you all at lovely Mitchell, the home of all the boys of the Bluefields.

Graham's secondary can flat out fly, but I think Bluefield's QB will be the fastest man on the field. Yost, Carper and Brown have burners....

I'm worried about the offense, because it seemed awfully sporatic against Rockbridge. Defense is solid....I just hope the offense can have some consistency about them come friday night. I can't wait, I haven't missed this game one single time in the past 30 seasons....

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Does anyone really think that Graham's small line,with the exception of Bovanizer is that big? there's no way Their middle linebacker, Marrs. can stop Carter, he's a beast. Not to mention we have experience where we need it most, the coaching staff.also when i asked how much Bovanizer squats compared to Carter(Over 400+) the answer was he doesnt squat he only benches. which wont do anything except push somebody off of you when your on the ground.

well grahams ( small line ) held a big and fast rockbridge team scoreless in the scrimmage and it was like a regular game with running punts and kickoffs back. rockbridge could not run up the middle against graham and had difficulty on the outside also. the only way they moved the ball was with short passes and only a few for any large gain. the qb is big and fast but the d ends were on him quick and made him throw quicker than he wanted to so do not judge graham by the size of the line it is the size of their heart that will make the difference. if they want it bad enough it is theirs to win.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone really think that Graham's small line,with the exception of Bovanizer is that big? there's no way Their middle linebacker, Marrs. can stop Carter, he's a beast. Not to mention we have experience where we need it most, the coaching staff.also when i asked how much Bovanizer squats compared to Carter(Over 400+) the answer was he doesnt squat he only benches. which wont do anything except push somebody off of you when your on the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Graham's small line, is there a Graham roster anywhere online to peruse?

[ QUOTE ]

well grahams ( small line ) held a big and fast rockbridge team scoreless in the scrimmage and it was like a regular game with running punts and kickoffs back. rockbridge could not run up the middle against graham and had difficulty on the outside also. the only way they moved the ball was with short passes and only a few for any large gain. the qb is big and fast but the d ends were on him quick and made him throw quicker than he wanted to so do not judge graham by the size of the line it is the size of their heart that will make the difference. if they want it bad enough it is theirs to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I both know though, that Rockbridge County isn't Bluefield. They don't have the speed or quickness of Bluefield. And I caught the Rockbridge preview on WDBJ-7 back in early August, according to that report they lost four offensive linemen from a year ago and a number of other key offensive weapons. We'll find out tonight that's for sure.

that may be true but they had some speed in the scrimmage. but how many starters from last year did blfd lose from that team. i dont know about blfds speed but i saw the qb from rockbridge and he is tall and strong and quick. but he did not have a lot of time to get the ball off. and the runners did not have very much room to run. all i was saying is just because grahams line is small does not mean that anyone will just run over them, they are a cohesive unit and played well together. had several key sacks of a good qb and several interceptions. so one should not judge a team by the size of the line.

The number of sacks a team has doesn't depend on the quality of the QB, it's all about the offensive line that is blocking for him. You can have a great QB and a horrible offensive line, and he will still get killed no matter how good he is.

that is true but rockbridge did have a good o line but they could not contain the d ends of graham all evening. they did a good job of keepin the d line from getting to the qb but that was all. the rush will come from the d ends tonight