The streak looks to be in jeopardy...

Bluefield_Rules

I don't believe it has rained during a Beaver/Graham game since 1994 or so (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it's not looking too good right now for the streak of good weather to continue. At least not here in Christiansburg, what's the weather like in the BLU?

Looks like we'll all get a little rain before the night's over. Hopefully it'll be brief and not soak the field too much. A sloppy field doesn't bode well for this year's Richlands team IMO.

Just checked again. Scratch that earlier prediction. We gonna get soaked. It may be over before or during the game, but the field is gonna get real wet in the next few hours. Lots of rain to fall. And oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me. I thank me on my behalf.

First of all,congratulations to Graham for being able to pull that one out. Going into the game Graham was suppose to be the experienced team and Bluefild had lost everybody. I really expected Graham to beat Bluefield pretty good, especially after watching Bluefield scrimmage, but Bluefield was well on their way to a victory before the Powell injury. That's not an excuse though, that's football. Bluefield had nothing to be ashamed of as they left it all on the field. If they can survive these games that Powell will be out I look for them to make some noise in the playoffs.

what i a curious about is where are all the people who said that beaver would run all over graham and that did not give graham a snow balls chance in you know where to even be in this game. with the exception of the few here who are true sportsman no one has anything to say now. maybe they are still in shock or embarassed because of their predictions. but anyway ty to those who give graham their dues on this game. you are true sportsman and beaverball you are one. i may not always agree with everything you say but i have to respect you for coming on here and saying what you said. ty again for being a good sport about the game.

[ QUOTE ]

what i a curious about is where are all the people who said that beaver would run all over graham and that did not give graham a snow balls chance in you know where to even be in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are the people that predicted the same for Graham? A couple of people from both sides were predicting some outlandish scores before the game. A number of Graham people didn't give Bluefield a snow balls chance either. Those of us that were realistic expected a low-scoring, close game, which is exactly what we got. Graham made the plays to win in the end and Powell's injury crippled Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

what i a curious about is where are all the people who said that beaver would run all over graham and that did not give graham a snow balls chance in you know where to even be in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like bluefield_rules said most of us put reasonable scores for the game..I put 21-20 but it did not come out that way

and i was not talking about you 2 if you look back i said graham 14 blfd 7 but i am talking about the few who did say that graham would not stand a chance and the same goes for the few that felt graham would run over beaver though maybe a few less than those that thought other wise and most of those that felt blfd would win going away were not from blfd but from the swd area. my appology for letting it only come out as those from blfd.

[ QUOTE ]

Just checked again. Scratch that earlier prediction. We gonna get soaked. It may be over before or during the game, but the field is gonna get real wet in the next few hours. Lots of rain to fall. And oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me. I thank me on my behalf.

[/ QUOTE ]happy birthday wink.gif