Giles 22 Blacksburg 7

Floyd Co. 27 Rural Retreat 22

Radford 33 Galax 6

Narrows 21 Eastern Montgomery 6

Clintwood 28 Haysi 14

J.I. Burton 14 Appalachia 6

Gate City 42 Coeburn 8

Powell Valley 48 Seymour, TN 13

I changed a few up. But I will agree with most. mostly changed scores.

[ QUOTE ]

Pulaski could be in trouble........both Crouse and his backup are out for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Found out about that AFTER making the picks...I still think they could/should beat PH...

i don't dare question your prognostications, but i did find it kinda interesting that you sorta contradicted yourself in leaving martinsville at number 7 in the 'sweet 16' while you kept the 1-0 gmen in the others receiving votes category....what i found 'contradictory' about that is that you then prognosticated that the gmen would win AT martinsville. in other words, you feel that martinsville should be ranked higher, but you believe that graham will go on the road and take a near 4 hour bus trip down the mountain and win the game.

[ QUOTE ]

i don't dare question your prognostications, but i did find it kinda interesting that you sorta contradicted yourself in leaving martinsville at number 7 in the 'sweet 16' while you kept the 1-0 gmen in the others receiving votes category....what i found 'contradictory' about that is that you then prognosticated that the gmen would win AT martinsville. in other words, you feel that martinsville should be ranked higher, but you believe that graham will go on the road and take a near 4 hour bus trip down the mountain and win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a contradiction, just an UPSET of sorts...Graham has a game under their belt with a little confidence...Martinsville may very well have "first game jitters" and make a few more mistakes than Graham...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really expect a (guy?) called the "G-MAN" to pick Graham to lose???? confused.gif

fair enough...i'm expecting a decent amount of errors and broken plays from mhs as well because of first game jitters and maybe moreso because of the transition to the spread offense from a coach and team that usually wouldn't throw the ball unless the almighty himself told them to. also, couldn't help but notice that in the prognostications that the swd goes 5-0 while arguably the 3 best piedmont teams go 0-3 (2 of those being homefield losses against swd teams). it's obvious this aint basketball season!! :-)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really expect a (guy?) called the "G-MAN" to pick Graham to lose???? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be suprised in the near future...

[ QUOTE ]

also, couldn't help but notice that in the prognostications that the swd goes 5-0 while arguably the 3 best piedmont teams go 0-3 (2 of those being homefield losses against swd teams). it's obvious this aint basketball season!! :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I used the same thought process in the Carroll Co./Bassett (Bassett's first...turnovers/mistakes). As for WF/MV...I feel that WF is the better team in this matchup and also they have a game under their belt, MV does not. It is a big disadvantage to play your first game against a team that has already opened the season. Just my opinion...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he picks them to defeat Richlands I'll be shocked b/c he's usually a pretty level-headed guy....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would not be on or about September 30th would it? LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe sooner than that...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe sooner than that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking Sept. 23rd.

[ QUOTE ]

I hate to be an (lack of better terms) ass, but if you are such the football player that you claim, you obviously would not be CREATING SUCH OUTLANDISH STATEMENTS THAT WILL END UP ON A LOCKER-ROOM BULLETIN BOARD!!! Try to keep your pride in-check and let's focus on ONE GAME AT A TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are coming off a HUGE COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY....with the confidence they (not me) are showing....and after talkin to many of them...they feel they can take on anyone...i didnt say they are gonna win all their games...i just simply said with how confident they are in their game they think they can beat anyone thrown at them....im not starting anything....its just a statement...