Tazewell 29 Lebanon 13 FINAL

GMan

While many things go unnoticed in many games, its not gonna get any better till the officials are held accountable for their actions. Like it or not, many times they control the outcomes of close games. Granted, they're not perfect, no one is, but if you're gonna get paid to be a neutral third party and judge a game, then read the rule book before you go out there.

These so called cheap shots can all be avoided if the whistle is blown when it is supposed to be. People see a block or a hit and think it's a cheap shot, but until the whistle blows, everyones fair game. At least that's what I've always been told and that's what they teach from the Pee Wee Level all the way through the Pro Level.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can tell you that Coach Wyatt is a good coach and would never tell anyone to cheap shot another player...I played for him in 8th grade and he and coach compton and coach rowe from Grundy are three of the best coaches I have ever played for in any sport.

Tazewells kids love to hit...ask any of the teams that played them in the past couple of years...they play until the whistle blows which is what they are told to do...if you have a problem with "cheap shots" then that's a good place to start as the last guy said...from what I've seen ref's are pretty fast to throw a flag for anything that looks like a late hit for safety reasons...and they will tell a kid during the game to knock it off if they start getting out of hand.

I don't think it's fair to say that the coaches would instruct kids to late hit anyone, simply wouldn't happen...at least out of Coach Wyatt anyway...he's got a lot more class than that.

Saunders, you have a lot of talent...don't let your mouth get you in trouble on here...go out and do your job and play your game...earn your respect on the field. You are one of the top 2 QB's in the area and don't need any extra drama to distract you.

a big thanks to both of you guys ... tazewell is not out to intentionally hurt anybody and if they are .. then i agree, they should be panalized harshly for it.. but like you said lance.. they love to hit and are gonna go until the whistle blows.. our apologies to lebanon for any "cheap shot" we took ... but its a physical game and sometimes it happens (incidental contact).. and 99% of the time its not intentional like when the quarterback got hit on the asphault.and your exactly right about coach wyatt, he has more class then to teach cheap play, but again, i appreciate you guys giving tazewell some respect.. thanks

Good game to the bulldogs, they really really really needed this one. Lebanon is probablly one of if not the worse team Tazewell plays all year, and even though they won the game that will not get the job done in two weeks against Carrol County. The defense plays the run well, but have not been able to even remotely stop the pass, or a scrambling QB. The Bulldogs need to worry a little bit less about getting the crowd pumped up and a little more about makeing big stops or big first downs. Overall it was a good game, but even with two weeks to get ready for CC i dont see them going to Hillsville and beating a team that is quite a bit better than Lebanon. Good Luck and Good Game. Go Dawgs!

oh my god!!! coming in here reading this stuff makes my day.. its always something bad about tazewell win or lose. funny isn't it???? but let me tell ya one thing every team out there has trash talking and so called cheap shots. its football ur going to get hit DUH!!!! and if u dont belive me come to tazewell on the 30th of this month and you will see the so called blues giving them too. i know i been there and played too. but it is always tazewell that get talked about!!! so choclate drop and the rest of your team just keep going and smacking them in the mouth they shut up one day!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

(1-1)

[ QUOTE ]

but let me tell ya one thing every team out there has trash talking and so called cheap shots. its football ur going to get hit DUH!!!! and if u dont belive me come to tazewell on the 30th of this month and you will see the so called blues giving them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing the "so called blues" will be giving out come the 30th is a good ole country ass whoopin'.

[ QUOTE ]

oh my god!!! coming in here reading this stuff makes my day.. its always something bad about tazewell win or lose. funny isn't it???? but let me tell ya one thing every team out there has trash talking and so called cheap shots. its football ur going to get hit DUH!!!! and if u dont belive me come to tazewell on the 30th of this month and you will see the so called blues giving them too. i know i been there and played too. but it is always tazewell that get talked about!!! so choclate drop and the rest of your team just keep going and smacking them in the mouth they shut up one day!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

(1-1)

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you. Everyone always comes on here to talk trash. if thats what you are gonna do then dont get on here. And people say there are cheap shots because we actually won a game. well dont hate when you lose we didnt come im here and say george wythe was cheap after they beat us, george wythe was a really good team. and i dont expect ppl to come in here and say it was the refs or anyone else. thats so crazy. just because our boys played hard and knocked a few ppl down on the way doesnt mean they are cheap. thats football for ya duh! yeah kinda rediculous. and yeah carroll will be hard. and richlands will be even harder, but they'll still be close because i know our boys play with heart on the field.. unlike all the unappreciative ppl who have to come on the message boards and talk trash if you had heart in a game you wouldnt be so disrespectful. and i do wish the best to graham, richlands, carroll, grundy, and lebanon.. and anyone i left out....i just wish some ppl would learn to stop hatin' on us. mad.gif well at least i know a few in here have some respect.

[ QUOTE ]

"THE STORM CONTIUES TO BLOW"

BOY DID TBDT HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you Tazewell folks keep blowing smoke... all the more satisfying that win will be for Richlands.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Nobody HATES you man, just cool it with the hits out of bounds. It's a game and somebody's gonna get hurt on your asphalt track, there's no sense in it, you know the play is over when the QB intentionaly runs out of bounds, don't play so innocent or give me the " hit til the whistle blows" crap.

Ok I usually try not to get in the middle of stuff like this but wow some of you people, (dawgsrule) are really dumb. I mean anyone can make analogies about a teams mascot, like in tazewells case we could say the bulldawgs, getting beat "dawgystyle" in week one>? But lets try to be sensible everyone Richlands is 2-0 and hasnt gave up a Td so far meanwhile the 'dawgs' are playing catch up at 1-1smirk.gif

umm excuse me you ppl seem to act like we intentionally knocked the qb out of bounds. well he got hit and thats the way he fell. if some one from tazewell got knocked on the asphalt you would be in here laughing about it... and the whole "discipline thing" going on here. well coach wyatt would for sure do something about that if it happened that way. and yeah i do recall that Gavin Angle set out the rest of George Wythe game, and lebanon game for a personal foul. and yeah the way ppl talk around here it pretty does seem like ya'll hate tazewell, but thats more than ok. tip to everyone who comes in here just to run their mouths on other teams: learn some respect.

Man, you must have been a loooooooooong way from the play, the QB was standing up ON the asphalt when he got hit. I'd never laugh at a late hit 5 yards out of bounds, I don't care who does it, Lebanon or Tazewell. #15 came back into the game 2 or 3 plays after he pulled that stunt, that tells me somethin about the disipline at Tazewell. There would'nt be a thread every week about Tazewell's late hits and cheap shots if you'd just stop do'in that stuff, I have respect for Wyatt but he's gonna have to come down on some people. You folks have a good enough team that you don't have to play dirty football, why not have a good football team AND a little class.

But it is High School football, no matter where you're from.

Anything can happen on any given Friday night. Tazewell has a fine football team and so does Richlands, so lets just wait and see what happens when they meet. It will be very interesting. Good Luck to both teams.