Best high school offense

tornado99

I think he means "offensive scheme." I think in high school you have to either build your offense around your personel and change the scheme from year to year (Richlands does this) or use a flexible scheme that will still be effective with different personel types without changing the playbook too much. I personally would prefer the latter.

My favorite offense of all-time would be the option game Nebraska used to run. That style is fading away though. Even at the high school level.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i hate to say it and i hesitate to...but Princeton....

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton does have a pretty good offense

Best i've personally seen this season

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree as well and so does Princeton Middle! lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i hate to say it and i hesitate to...but Princeton....

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton does have a pretty good offense

Best i've personally seen this season

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree as well and so does Princeton Middle! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Princeton Middle LOL

Well, what time era are ya refering too? What worked good 20-or lets say 30 years ago may not work as well now but is still in the process of being used. Im going (Old School) and betting on a ground attack with 2 RB's and running Belly Right and Belly Left. "Chuckle",--Old Appy tatics that really seemed to work then,(80's) but that was then, or now, or hummmm, (Has anything really changed?) wink.gif

The Single Wing still works and works very well. But only if its taught the way the old timers used to teach it. These new style coaches cant use todays approach. Look at Ragsdale at Giles. He coaches it exactly like his Dad did at Narrows. They run it from little league on up. Its a sight watching the way their offensive line blocks. Nobody blocks like that anymore. People from Giles take a lot of pride in the Single Wing. It probably wouldnt work as well for everybody though.

My post was referring to offensive scheme. One of the main reasons I enjoy high school football so much is the different formations that you know longer see anywhere else.

Personally, I enjoy watching a true Wishbone offense (option-based), or the old T-Formation, simply because you never see it. However, I believe that the spread is the most effective due to the ability to both run and pass.