Abingdon at Richlands

JimmyK

Hi everyone! First post here...I've got updates on Abingdon's games this season.

Scoreless first quarter, but Richlands scored on a 1-yard run by Justin McCracken, and it's 7-0 Richlands early in the second quarter.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abingdon just threw their third interception of the game...but the defense stood up with a fumble recovery a little while ago. The Falcons were also successful on a fake punt. Still Richlands 7, Abingdon 0, 3 minutes to go in the half.

[ QUOTE ]

Another Richlands touchdown...they went for two for some reason and missed, so it's 36-0 Richlands with 7:39 to go in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the updates. I'm out of town and rely on this board.

It's becoming common for the Blues because the spread is useless inside the 10. Line up in the "Power-I", the "I", Wishbone, T-Bone, I don't care which. Just give the ball to #34 when your down there and get some points.

Abingdon played hard. Gotta give them credit for that. Their QB took a beating. He threw something like 6 or 7 INT's and one more that was called back. The Blues defense was stellar as usual.

The offense at times looked better than at any point this year... but at other times didn't look so good. When the defense hands you all those interceptions you need to get some points from them.

Hats off to Mr. Gayheart for adding "place-kicker" to his usual duties. He did a great job. Best wishes to Romulo Fajardo as he recovers from an appendectomy.