Abingdon at Richlands

JimmyK

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grin.gifWAY TO GO BLUES!!!!!!!! grin.gif

cool.gifKEEP ON "ROCKING AND A ROLLING" UP A STORM cool.gif

smile.gifGet Well Soon to Jennings, Wicks and Fajardo ( and any others that I don't know about at the present) smile.gif

smirk.gifGO! BLUES! BEAT! GHRAHAM smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

they went for two for some reason and missed

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a bad snap and the kicker just picked it up and tried to run it the best I can remember.

Richlands has played AA schools the last two weeks.

[ QUOTE ]

y does richlands always beat up on single a schools? for their confidence or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon is a 2A school. In fact if the new 4 class model happens they will be a 3A school. Gate City is a 1A school that should be 2A. Honaker could probably move to 2A if they wanted to.

[ QUOTE ]

y does richlands always beat up on single a schools? for their confidence or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands plays only three single A schools... Gate City, Honaker, and Lebanon. Gate City has a higher enrollment than Grundy, Graham, and Tazewell. Lebanon, which coincidentally is your school, has a higher enrollment than Grundy and Graham, yet still plays single A. I might add that Lebanon plays eight single A schools. Who was it that beats up on Single A teams again?

Our defense did good, I just hate we have to play more like 3 quarters of defense when offense doesn't help much. But once our offense does decent, we may win games. Richlands really did out man us, and McCracken threw more passes than I thought/remember him doing.

most of the schools that are 1a that you mentioned are bigger than graham in fact i would dare say with exception to the smaller class in 1a a lot are bigger than graham. but why do they play 1a ball and graham stays 2a you would have to ask them but fro graham they like playing bigger schools because when play off time comes that does help you.

myself i think that the schools that are larger than graham should ask to play 2 a but most use the travel distance to not. but look at graham where they have gone to play games over the years

greenville tenn martinsville welch they will go to where ever they have to to find a team that will play them.

travel should not be a problem if you want to play the tough teams to make your team a better team but the 1 a teams that you talk about dominate for the most part 1 a and would with the exception of gate city who was a good 2 a school would not do as good in 2 a and use the travel to stay 1 a i feel. but that is my opinion.

Was'nt Richlands in Division 4 last year? Why did'nt they petition the VHSL to stay division 4 instead of dropping to Division 3? Nobody is stopping Graham, Tazewell, Grundy or anybody else from going A if their enrollment allows it. If Lebanon should be AA and in the SWD, would'nt the VHSL make them do so? Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

no the vhsl does not make them. if that were the case then graham would be in 1 a long time ago. they chose to play up in classification. i dont think graham would ever go to 1a unless vhsl said either go or dont play football anymore or grahams enrollment went down to that of pocahontas.