who is your school's leading rusher?

buzzsawBeaver

Marcum's record had me questioning who bluefield's is and I honestly have no idea, I can't recall ever hearing about it, perhaps it's from old school bluefield football. I know they've had a "lot" of exceptional rb's through the decades but I have no idea who's had the most yards, 1 season or high school career.

What about other schools? Graham? In my opinion bradshaw's the best rb they've had in my times, but I don't recall anything about a school record.

I know weir's in quincy wilson because that's a wv state record also, that's about all I know.

Bluefield's though? Others?

I'd say Pete Wood is somewhere at the top of the list for Bluefield. I would also imagine that Yubrenal Isabelle is somewhere near the top considering his outstanding career at Bluefield started when he was merely a sophomore. I'd say Donald Amaker is somewhere on the list as well, and more than likely he's high on the all-purpose yards list.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Greg Tester or Greg Justus would be the top two at Hurley I would imagine. Greg Justus unofically had near 2,000 yards his senior season and Greg Tester had 2,100 yards his senior season. And Greg Tester also had somwhere in the range of 1,500 yards his Jr. season.

[ QUOTE ]

id say either Sandy Rodgers, Brandon Breeding or Adam Davis would be on the Richlands list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rogers was a 3 year starter plus played quite a bit as a freshman too. Of course he didn't have the benefit of playoff games. I missed both Breeding and Davis but they put up some impressive numbers.

Guest old_school

I think Quentin Reed is Tazewell's leading rusher, but I'm not for sure. He put up great numbers.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

Greg Tester is the Man lol i saw him the other night at twin valley and i would hate to be a LB in his running lane lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lol he looks like a compacted Terminator. 5'7 and benches 450 lol

Debating the best rb at bluefield would be hard to do, as for stats though some have had advantages others didn't such as not sharing the backfield with other talented rb's such as cortez martin and smalls, or tynes and isabell. Also not all or even a lot of them had 3 seasons as a starter or as the go to rb. For that reason I also would guess yubrenal isabell would have 1 of the higher stats as hr had 3 seasons of exceptional production as a starter. Raymond also likely has a lot of yards.

Smalls did well his jr. season, but didn't not have the stats of his senior season if I recall. That season him and cortex each had around 1,800, but coppalo sp? also had a lot of yards that season.

Donnie jackson also might have a lot.

It would be interesting to know stats like these from bluefield's history.

Although most on this board are way too young to remember him. IMHO the best running back at Bluefield was Pete Wood back in the 60's, Pete was one of a rare breed to play on two State Championship teams 1965 as a sophomore and 1967 as a senior. Was All-State and got a full ride to WVU where he lead the nation in rushing until sidelined by an injury. A great guy and a great player.