The G-Man's Pigskin Prognostications...Week 6...

GMan

Nitro 32 Princeton 28

Woodrow Wilson 24 St. Albans 14

Bluefield 35 Graham 27

Gilbert 14 Chapmanville 12

Westside 16 Iaeger 12

Independence 22 Richwood 6

James Monroe 42 Wyoming East 12

Liberty-Raleigh 20 Sherman 18

Scott 14 Logan 12

Mount View 32 Tolsia 28

Shady Spring 7 Oak Hill 6

PikeView 22 Tug Valley 12

Greenbrier West 20 Summers Co. 14

Hurley 32 Big Creek 20

Matewan 36 Burch 6

Man 26 Fayetteville 18

Meadow Bridge 8 Valley-Fayette 6

Webster Co. 24 Midland Trail 13

Montcalm 42 Pocahontas 20

Mount Hope 20 Williamson 14

Pocahontas Co. 32 Van 14

Cave Spring 35 Alleghany 7

Carroll Co. 28 William Byrd 17

Salem 28 William Fleming 22

Blacksburg 31 Lord Botetourt 28

Hidden Valley 27 Northside 7

Christiansburg 31 Floyd Co. 7

E.C. Glass 20 Pulaski Co. 17

Amherst Co. 58 Appomattox Co. 6

Heritage-Lynchburg 20 Brookville 16

Jefferson Forest 24 Rustburg 10

Liberty-Bedford 31 Staunton River 6

Honaker 24 Abingdon 17

Marion 19 Lee 16

Gate City 21 Virginia 20

Bassett 28 Dan River 14

Franklin Co. 27 Martinsville 17

Patrick Co. 25 Galax 6

Halifax Co. 24 Tunstall 7

Richlands 24 Tazewell 0

John Battle 15 Holston 14

Chilhowie 27 Patrick Henry-Glade Springs 23

Lebanon 24 Northwood 18

Rural Retreat 17 George Wythe 14

Craig Co. 42 Bland Co. 30

Grayson Co. 21 Narrows 20

Wilson Memorial 23 Bath Co. 16

Glenvar 48 James River-Buchanan 0

Parry McCluer 15 Auburn 8

Radford 17 Riverheads 15

Haysi 42 Twin Valley 6

Castlewood 20 Saint Paul 14

Twin Springs 35 Ervinton 15

Rye Cove 40 J.J. Kelly 8

Cumberland, KY 42 Thomas Walker 16

Appalachia 22 Pound 18

J.I. Burton 35 Coeburn 7

Powell Valley 17 Clintwood 15

Last Week: 49-10, .831

Season: 163-46, .780

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield 35 Graham 27

Richlands 24 Tazewell 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you've got one right and one wrong here. Richlands is a good pick at -24 in Tazewell. But, Graham is not playing with the full complement of players that defeated Beaver in the first meeting. I would not be suprised to see the ole "ten man line" employed against Graham's limited offense capabilities. Bluefield's got most of their starters back for this one and I would have to go Bluefield -12. Graham's offense without Workman looks radically different than with Workman and one touchdown per half is going to be about it. If Bluefield breaks some big plays the game, espically early, the contest maybe out of reach for Graham's dimished offense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield 35 Graham 27

Richlands 24 Tazewell 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you've got one right and one wrong here. Richlands is a good pick at -24 in Tazewell. But, Graham is not playing with the full complement of players that defeated Beaver in the first meeting. I would not be suprised to see the ole "ten man line" employed against Graham's limited offense capabilities. Bluefield's got most of their starters back for this one and I would have to go Bluefield -12. Graham's offense without Workman looks radically different than with Workman and one touchdown per half is going to be about it. If Bluefield breaks some big plays the game, espically early, the contest maybe out of reach for Graham's dimished offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's D will still give up points...they gave up 20 to Oak Hill last week who had only scored 22 total in their previous three games. Turnovers and poor tackling can't shutdown an opponent...

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's D will still give up points...they gave up 20 to Oak Hill last week

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the defense only gave up 13 points last week agaisnt Oak Hill. Oak Hill ran back a fumble recovery for one touchdown. A second touchdown was setup after a Bluefield turnover at their own 3-yardline.

You're right though, turnovers could very well keep this one close. Bluefield must secure the ball better than they have the past two weeks. The tackling has improved though, lightyears from this first game of the year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's D will still give up points...they gave up 20 to Oak Hill last week

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the defense only gave up 13 points last week agaisnt Oak Hill. Oak Hill ran back a fumble recovery for one touchdown. A second touchdown was setup after a Bluefield turnover at their own 3-yardline.

You're right though, turnovers could very well keep this one close. Bluefield must secure the ball better than they have the past two weeks. The tackling has improved though, lightyears from this first game of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the turnover deep in their own territory was the only real score. On the long fumble recovery a blind man could have seen that Jordon's forward progress was stopped and the "alleged" pass reception at the two yard line to set up one of the scores was to say the least very questionable. Guess you had to be there to really know how bad those two calls were. Bluefield 35 Zebras 14 Oak Hill 6 should have been the final score. So I would take that with a "grain of salt" if you are using that game as a benchmark for your prediction.

Just picks...to tired to type out the usual rant. grin.gif

Bluefield 40 Graham 39

Hurley 28 Big Creek 18

Carroll Co. 32 William Byrd 21

Honaker 38 Abingdon 28

Marion 14 Lee 28

Gate City 28 Virginia 35

Richlands 32 Tazewell 0

Lebanon 28 Northwood 21

Haysi 35 Twin Valley 18

Powell Valley 18 Clintwood 14

[ QUOTE ]

Westside 16 Iaeger 12

Liberty-Raleigh 20 Sherman 18

Scott 14 Logan 12

Mount View 32 Tolsia 28

Shady Spring 7 Oak Hill 6

[/ QUOTE ]

here is my call on the games from the quote

i personally believe Oak Hill will beat Shady

i will admit i've not seen Oak Hill, however i have seen Shady, i just cant picture Oak Hill being worst than them...

honestly who has Tolsia played this yr?

i've not heard anything about them in football...and for that i dont look for them to give MV much of a challenge, i personally look for MV to score big on Tolsia

i also look for Scott to get back into shape this week against Logan, two close calls in two weeks, maybe it will wake the skyhawks up!

according to the Sherman folks, they dont have anything this yr, so i dont look for this game to be close either, i look for Liberty to take the win and to win big

as for Westside/Iaeger, i'll be honest with you folks, WS's offence (if we can say they had any) ran through Corey Morgan, the running back that got injured last week against Indy, unless some sorta miracle took place with in this weeks practice, it wouldnt surprise me if they lost to Iaeger this week either!

there was a lot of hype about this WS team coming into the season, everyone (including yours truly) thought they would be as special as the bunch that went to the Semis a few yrs back, but i guess as the guy from the Logan station (101.9fm) said at the beginning of the season, WS over achieved last season, at first i didnt agree with that statement, but now i'm being to think this guy was on to something...

if WS loses against Iaeger, i will not look for them to win no more than 1-2 games the rest of the season (and that would be against Sissonville and Pikeview)

as i said before not a good time to be a renegade football fan frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Lance? what do u think about grundy with this 2 weeks off, will it help? or hurt? im leaning towards help, i think with 3 weeks to prepare for graham and teach the new kids is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what I've heard all they have done for two weeks is hit and tackle...cant hurt, they needed work on the basics.

Grundy always plays bad coming off and off week, but this year I think it was really needed and hopefully it will help them...basically gave them 3 weeks to prepare for Graham.

haha... yeah and I liked it. Everything I have heard about Grayson leading up to this game was dead on. I think Grayson had maybe 15 yards of O in the first half at the most. Complete domination by the Wave. This week missed the winner's final score by 1 and last week missed the winner's final score by 2 (Giles WC game on VaPreps).