RICHLANDS-TAZEWELL GAME ANALYSIS

OFISHE8

Tazewell played a heck of a game tonight but the Richlands Defense proved to be the difference allowing just 118 yards of total offense. Tazewell did their homework and played an inspiring game. The Storm didn't have a strong wind tonight but they got the job done. Anytime you win on the road in the SWD you earn the "W". Congrats to the Blues--Keep up the good work and get healthy and cut back on those penalties---They are killin' you guys!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every great team has to win a game like this one on the road. The Blues didn't play their best game, and Tazewell was inspired and played hard but the Blues got the "W" and in the end that's all that matters.

it was nice meetin ya cola.. BigD i saw your car ( BIGD4VT was on the plates lol ) but by the time i got there the richlands bleachers were all full ( i got there at 6:00 lol ) so i didnt see ya there

[ QUOTE ]

May not have gotten the shutout but they did win by 24...as I predicted... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i guessed 3-30. so yeah i guess the dawgs did 3 points better than i expected. it was a good game, it just goes to show the people that were on here talking trash on how graham is the closest anything will get to richlands... but hey its all over no biggie.. can't wait till the 14th

Tazewell looked like one hell of a team tonight. That O-line was blasting holes left and right. McDaniel did great, too. The depth is what really lost the game for you. Props to the D, too. First time I've seen a team get in the backfield like that on Richlands the whole year. Tazewell should do just fine for the remainder of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

it was nice meetin ya cola.. BigD i saw your car ( BIGD4VT was on the plates lol ) but by the time i got there the richlands bleachers were all full ( i got there at 6:00 lol ) so i didnt see ya there

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I missed you. We should have talked about it earlier so I could save you a seat. I got there at 5:20 and it was more than half full.

To me tonight, Richlands looked like a different team than I have seen all year. Granted they got things done, and Tazewell came very prepared, but something seemed "missing." Defense was not as crisp as normal and it seemed like the offense was overusing Jennings when they could have mixed the run up a lot more, and thus taking the pressure off him. The line didn't seem to be giving McCracken as much time as he's had in the past. Im not an expert, just an amateur opinion.

We got the win and thats great, but now on to the next team.... grin.gif

It's ok, i stood down beside the band, where they brought in a extra little set of bleachers. Richlands band is very good btw .. i didnt know cola was gayhearts dad lol why didnt anyone tell me confused.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

To me tonight, Richlands looked like a different team than I have seen all year. Granted they got things done, and Tazewell came very prepared, but something seemed "missing." Defense was not as crisp as normal and it seemed like the offense was overusing Jennings when they could have mixed the run up a lot more, and thus taking the pressure off him. The line didn't seem to be giving McCracken as much time as he's had in the past. Im not an expert, just an amateur opinion.

We got the win and thats great, but now on to the next team.... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said before richlands hadn't played a team that would fire off the ball on them. good job to both teams, they could meet again never know!! turnovers hurt the dogs

t-well was far from an offensive juggernaut tonight.....i think we've been spoiled........any other season we would be talking about how the richlands d dominated tazewell... big house being out for the game made a tremendous difference.....

all I want to know is who the kid was that let Jennings run over him....talk about finishing off a run...he already had 2 people on his back and just lowered his head and ran over someone...I was impressed with the little guy tonight.

whoever it was should probably skip the film session on monday...it won't look any better.

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell looked like one hell of a team tonight. That O-line was blasting holes left and right. McDaniel did great, too. The depth is what really lost the game for you. Props to the D, too. First time I've seen a team get in the backfield like that on Richlands the whole year. Tazewell should do just fine for the remainder of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to point out that t-well rushed 36 times for 68 yards which is less than 2 yards per carry..... they got about 15 or 20 of those on a fake punt....they played a smart game with the short passes....but their defense is definitely not as good as grahams.......

I think it was #3 or #15...I couldn't tell from where I was at the time what the number was...had to be a S, FS, or a C...one of the DB's on the left side of the defense...tazewell's D put some hit's on McCracken last night as well...pretty good hard hitting game...Richlands is just to strong in the later part of the game...they always pull away...that said...3 plays that Tazewell turned the ball over on made it a different game...take those 3 away and it's a LOT closer...you can't "give" Richlands anything...they always convert turnovers to points...and that wins games.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to point out that t-well rushed 36 times for 68 yards which is less than 2 yards per carry..... they got about 15 or 20 of those on a fake punt....they played a smart game with the short passes....but their defense is definitely not as good as grahams.......

[/ QUOTE ]

and how the hell u think grahams def is better than tazewell??

r'lands ran all over the field on tazewell.....penalties stopped at least 2 of r'lands drives.......caleb had 177 yards all by himself........trust me, graham was alot harder to move the ball on