goalie

Tazewell @ Gretna  

1. 1. Tazewell @ Gretna

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look like we have alot of "brave fans" on here....lol

The Cards have proved they have the best team in Major League baseball the past 2 years!! They have had the best record in the Majors the past 2 years and went to the World Series..I think this is the year they will win it all...Pitching is healthy and bats are strong

All in all I see a NL team winning it. AL seems weak, even though my team (Sox) and Yanks will duke it out in the ALCS, but I don't think their tired Pitching staffs will get them to win it.

WHoever wins the NL will be the world series champs. Yanks havent done a whole lot this year in my books cause they had so much talent and ability to do GREAT things but i think they only graded out to be avg. this year. Both of the SOX are tough but i just think the Cards,Astros,and Braves all have the pitching to beat on the AL.

As much as I hate to say it, but the Astros 3 man rotation of Clemens, Pettite and Oswalt will be too much for the Braves in the NLDS and the Cardinals in the NLCS. I believe in the AL that the Yanks and Red Sox are destined for another battle in the ALCS and whoever can survive it this year will again be WS Champions.

I have to dissagree about the Astros....I think this is how its going to go...

Round 1:

Braves: 3-1

Astros: 1-3

Winner Braves

Cards: 3-2

Padres: 2-3

Winners: Cards

Red Sox: 3-2

White sox: 2-3

Winners: Boston

Yanks: sweep

Angels: 0-3

Winners: Yanks

Round 2:

Cards: 4-3

Braves: 3-4

NL Winners: Cards

Yanks: 2-4

Boston: 4-2

AL Winners: Boston

Rematch in the World Series between:

St Louis: 4-3

Boston: 3-4

The Braves bullpen will be their downfall I'm afraid. I cannot remember an Atlanta bullpen blowing more 8th and 9th inning leads than this current one has this season. Houston's starting pitching is potentially scary good and they have an excellent closer in Brad Lidge. On the other hand, Atlanta hasn't been able to find a consistent closer and the rest of the bullpen is even more unstable.

[ QUOTE ]

and thats why they have won 14 straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 14 straight division title are nice, but one World Series title in those 14 years isn't getting it done. And not a single World Series appearance since 1999 certainly isn't going to cut it. That's like Graham winning 14 straight SWD crowns, but not seriously competing for a state title in the playoffs.

Remember what I said about the Atlanta bullpen earlier today? They've now given up five runs in top of the 8th to turn a 2-run game into a 10-3 rout. Atlanta fans prepare yourself, if you haven't already, for another playoff disappointment. Don't be surprised if this one is a sweep...