MLB PLAYOFF'S

goalie

Tazewell @ Gretna  

1. 1. Tazewell @ Gretna

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Braves have always, ALWAYS tried to save money in the bullpen and on the bench. I think they would be better off putting together the best possible pitching staff, including the bullpen, and saving money by having average bats (though strong defensively) up the middle. Add some power on the corners and a few wise old veterans on the bench and you have a recipe for success in my opinion.

It's not going to happen BigD. The owners of the Braves, TimeWarner/AOL, aren't interested in spending money to make Atlanta a World Series contender. Mark my words, the young guys that are having such a great season will not be around when their respective contracts end. They'll get better offers and management will not be allowed to match those other offers.

The rumors continue to swirl that Ted Turner wants to get back into the Atlanta owner's box. For Brave fans, that's the only hope we have to ever be a serious World Series threat again.

[ QUOTE ]

Mark my words, the young guys that are having such a great season will not be around when their respective contracts end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know. That's exactly the problem with sports these days.

The bullpen was NOT the reason the Braves lost the game yesterday. It was Tim Hudson. He pitched horrible. The Braves are depending on their starters to at least go 7 innings. Throw someone out for the 8th and then Farnsworth for the ninth. 5 runs should be enough to beat Andy Pettite. Now we all just have to wonder what would have happened if Bobby Cox started Smoltz.

P.S.

I went to batting practice, furcal hit a rope down the line, kelley johnson fielded and threw it to me! heck yes. i advise everyone to go see a Postseason baseball game. At the end of the national anthem, as soon as Mark Wills sang "Home of the Brave" three fighter jets zoomed over the stadium, it scared the crap out of everyone, you didnt hear them coming and they were LOUD. they couldn't have been more than 10 feet above the stadium.

If you ever get a chance to see a stealth bomber fly-over you'll love it! All I could say when one flew over Lane Stadium was "That was the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!" It flew low & slow and was eerily quiet.

[ QUOTE ]

I went to batting practice, furcal hit a rope down the line, kelley johnson fielded and threw it to me! heck yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Atlanta with a friend a couple years ago for a weekend series when they were playing the New York Mets. During BP Smoltz and Jason Marquis were out cathing fly balls and twice Smoltz flipped a baseball up in our direction and at the end my friend and I both ended up with a ball from the game.

I would still love to catch a home run ball or foul ball hit during the actual game.

I got a BP ball and a foul ball this last time i went, which was in later July. One of Furca;'s homers and a C.Jones foul ball. BTW....can the braves pull a win out tonite with IMO there best starting pitcher??..I think so but wat about the other games?? confused.gif..I think both JOne's have big games tonite off Clemens and Smoltz records a win.

Not too crazy goalie. I'm not sure you've been to Atlanta b/c it isn't a sports crazy town. They love their Falcons, but the love-affair with the Braves has long worn off and many there don't even know GT has a football team, muchless a game tonight...

Just like i predicted, a win grin.gif. I'm thinkin they will win 2nite with young Sosa taking the mound, he has been on it lately and i predict that to continue, but fall short Sunday cause the last game the Astros have in the series at home and the fans will be a 10th man. Then, Bring it back to ATL and Smoltz sits em down innings 1-9 cool.gif.

Or they could be like the past 4 Braves teams and lose today and tomorrow and go home till next year lol

[ QUOTE ]

i think the bullpn gave up 3 i think i think sosa was charged with the 4th run

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Reitsma started the seventh inning and gave up two runs. Foster and Devine gave up a run each in the seventh inning. Quit trying to argue otherwise, the bullpen stinks and is the worst of any of the playoff teams outside of SD....