Who will claim the district?

Grahamcmid08

Carroll Co. vs Patrick Co.  

1. 1. Carroll Co. vs Patrick Co.

With my head I'll say Graham. With my heart I'll say Richlands. We return all but 2 starters, so it'll be the same team that won the j.v. title two years ago. We'll be better than last year, I just don't know how good.

The team we got this year at graham i believe is one of the best teams we have had in the last 6 years

we aren't weak anywhere..we have solid players at every position and we've been playin together all our lives..i'm a senior on the team..starting c=mid...we determined to bring home the crown once again.

is connor mccall rejoining the team this yera?

i belive that carroll CAN do it but they have to have some guys step up and play. Our D will really have to step up with this new goalie witch i hear is no were close to good.

But GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Carroll took a big hit from the graduation bug but they seem to always have a good team. If they can pull a few players from JV up and maybe some stars will emerge and they will be succesful but my guess on the district is either Graham or Tazewell but good luck to all teams and i'm sure it will be a good race like always.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm with bluekick on this one. i believe if richlands doesn't goof off in practice and actually take it serious this year we can make some upsets. I believe this will be the best varsity team richlands will have had since it was started. but!!! we have to take it serious and have full dedication from the players. we have dedication from the coachs and half the team, maybe that will rub off on the other half. hopefully we can win our first game and inspire everyone, if that happends who knows how good richlands can be...

I still think Graham and Carol have the best teams, i can't deside which is best though

[ QUOTE ]

With my head I'll say Graham. With my heart I'll say Richlands. We return all but 2 starters, so it'll be the same team that won the j.v. title two years ago. We'll be better than last year, I just don't know how good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is McCall playing? I remember last year he didn't. Romalo is still the man, though.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Graham alum, and now i'm watching all this sports stuff unfold from a third party view, and here's my pick. Graham has the spirit of a team willing to die for one another. Carrol has the physical drive. I've been on the field w/ Richlands for years, and all they do is play Rugby.. not soccer. It's a rough game.. yes... but you shouldn't have to go into a game planning on having players injured. Tazewell... they can scrap, and the games usually get way too dramatic, especially with Rasnik showing off and always having a chip on his shoulder, he's got to cool off and be a mature player. I see the competition increasing, but i think Carrol is going to have to train hard, and Graham will ultimately pull out the victory with heart, drive, and a returning leaders.

• 1 month later...

tazewell will be pretty dang good this year ... with the addition of tj rasnick and others the team will have a long awaited offense ... tazewell didnt lose anyone that hurts them too much and much of the players have played together on numerous travel teams

Tazewell should be much inproved this season and will give anyone a run for their money. The only down side is they havnt proven to themselves that they can win the big game. It takes time to build a winning program and this year will be a good start. They will challenge but im not sure they are ready to claim the crown just yet. Carroll County had a fantastic run last year but they took some big hits with graduation. The biggest hit was at keeper which kept them in every game and gave them a chance to win. Many of their games were very close against good teams, while they will still be very good i am afraid it will be between them and tazewell for second. Richlands is still developing. They play very aggresive defense and that keeps them in the game but very little offensive output has been managed by them. Richlands makes it interresting but i dont think they have the horses to win the race. Look of an upset or two from this team (maybe) otherwise still a work in progress. Graham lost a lot of good players from last year and the new players are very young and still developing. The potential is there for a very strong team but loseing the likes of merckey and francis could mean for a let down. If Graham can get away from their past and play disciplined soccer they should win the southwest. The bottom line is each team is seperated by just a few degrees. The team that plays as a team and that finds themselves and their style and that stays true to that could be lifting the trophy at the end of the day. Its a close call and i wish everyone a safe and productive season.

The Graham team is up in the air. We have a new coach, so we don't even know what formation we are playing. We think he wants to play a formation that is not the best idea for us, our team tried it a couple of years ago and it didnt work at all. We have the talent to destroy the district and most of the Region, but we don't know if the new coach will give us a chance. He was or is the coach of a travel team, whose players are now in the 9th-10th grade, so hopefully he will realize they need to develop and he lets the big boys play on the big stage. This is the team that lost...maybe...one game as JV players a few years back, and all we have done is impoved. Other than this, another reason for excitment is the absence of a few "distractions." Graham players know what i mean. Also, with the new coach, come new players who refused to play for the old coach, or did so grudgingly, including a couple of underclassmen who we have played rec ball with for years. Im pumped, how bout you TP?

hell yea i'm pumped..this year's graham team is loaded with talent and we should destroy the district.and maybe even claim the region..this team if it takes it seriously and comes together as a team unlike last year..we can play with the best in the state

• 2 weeks later...

With all my heart, Richlands. Why?, because we are invincible! We have a transfer student from Brazil, and some have compared him to Ronaldinho. I know one man doesn't make a team, but it DOES in this case. Sorry Graham, your Voltron has crumbled

ronaldhino please....

i dont' think a player from richlands could be compared with one of the best players in the world..no affense..i'm sure the guy is good..but thats pushin it....and speakin of voltron

what makes u you think that we have crumbled

So, is Tazewell going to actually play cohesively this year? Or are they just going to try to have one player carry them through the season again? Oh yeah, and Rasnick isn't going to put up anything this year, mark my words

Tazewell has a chance to be very good. But it can not be a one man show. Soccer is a team sport and one player will never beat a good TEAM. As for rasnick he has to control his temper and become a leader if not he will divide the team and all their hard work will be lost. I hope they have a good year and i believe rasnick will step up but its going to take more than just him.

richlands actually be good at soccer... please.. come on just because you have a transfer doesnt mean a thing.. he can be the best player in the world.. but the fact is i takes more than one player ! there is no way he can do everything ! also this is for taz players.. you all dont have a chance either just b/c you all have that reject TJ dont mean a thing one player can be shut down so easy.. what it comes down to is soccer is a team sport ! the only way you two teams have a chance in district is to play as a team not give the ball to your star player! my predicitons are graham as distict champ once again! sorry taz and r-lands. you all just need to stick to football or something else !

Agreed, Soccer is a team sport. Exactly why Carroll County won it last year. They showed the best team play in SWD in awhile. To win the SWD, if you havent noticed, you can have mostly a decent team with on great player(look at graham when they had G. Degray playin). They were a decent team with one great player. I dont really know who to give the lead to for the preseason. I say Carroll County has the preseason crown, Tazewell will be the darkhorse of the league. Graham can win if they have a leader, couldve won last year if they played like a team.

The Greg Degray Graham team was much more than a "decent" team.

They also had Jay Mercke(probably the best of his brothers), Nathan Belcher, Tyler Kirk, and Chris Smith in goal. It takes a little more than a decent team to make it to state.

As for this year, i would say the unquestioned leader is Tyler Perry. If we all play like a team with him leading, the boundaries are endless!

Haha! Voltron has RETURNED. I don't know who this bluekick1 is but not only is he a fool, but he is GAY! NO ONE plays harder than Tyler Perry, and I think no other player will be more important to his team this year. Voltron will never crumble, if it does, then the end of the world MUST be near!