Bluefield / James Monroe updates

tom

[ QUOTE ]

I could see JM celebrating like they won the Super Bowl. It must suck that they are that jealous of Bluefield's program. I will say congrats to both teams and good luck w/ the playoffs!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when did celebrating a victory become a sign of jealousy??!!! Darn, we can't even enjoy a hard fought victory that we aren't bashed. Oh well.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great programs celebrate w/ class and act like they've won big games before. I could just see you guys going crazy after beating a mediocre Bluefield team w/o their best player. Come up to Weirton and we'll see what's good again. I can't wait to see this rematch. LOL

[ QUOTE ]

it's ok to celebrate... but they acted like this was the biggest win in JM history - but then again, it just might be???

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I'm even taking the time to defend the fact that we cheered and celebrated JM's victory. With as little respect as JM gets, year in and year out, and with hardly no one giving JM a chance to beat Bluefield even this year, yes, it was a big win and one well worth celebrating.

well enjoy.... live it up..... you all won, and you deserved it.

it was a good game and i was glad i was there to watch it - even if i was frustrated with some of the execution, and some of the play calls... all i ever ask for is a good/interesting game, and i got it. i just thought it was funny how wvu_1 gets on here screaming about the TD catch and that it was no good... when he wasn't even there.

and like i said in my original post - i wasn't bashing either team, i was just being realistic... but that's just my opinion. take it with a grain of salt because in the grand scheme of things, it amounts to nothing. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

you got lucky and barely beat Bluefield in one of their worst seasons in recent memory

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll agree with that, but the thing is - in recent memory, Bluefield has been to 3 straight title games... so we couldn't do nothing but go down - lol wink.gif

and this is a decent AA team, but just not the type of Bluefield team that we've been spoiled with around here for the last several years.

[ QUOTE ]

Newsflash, you got lucky and barely beat Bluefield in one of their worst seasons in recent memory. What do you think Weir, Wayne, or Herbert Hoover will do to you when you have to play one of the top teams in AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weirfootball: I've read a lot of your posts along the way and you definitely are the definition of 'arrogance'. I don't care what Weir, Wayne or Herbert Hoover might do to JM if they meet up. I just enjoy high school football, and having been raised in and still living in Monroe County, JM is the team I pull for. Week in, week out. Win or lose. One game at a time.

For the record, football is predictably unpredictable. Even the greatest fall at the most unexpected times so watch out because the bigger your head, the more it hurts when you fall on it. That's why I love football. Especially high school football because you have to play with what you've got and every now and again, the underdog wins. The real champs are those teams who are 1-7 or 1-8 or 0-9 or whatever -- they still practice and suit up each and every week and go out and play. That's what it's all about. Gotta love high school football!!!!

I take James Monroe's wild celeration as more flattering than anything. When a team with a better record then yourself and a higher ranking beats you and celebrates wildly it says something about your program. James Monroe won, let them celebrate. I hope the Bluefield players took it all in afterwards and remember that scene during off-season conditioning and workouts. I hope each player took it personally and let's it burn inside them, just as I hope the loss to Hoover and Princeton will.

First off congratualtions to JM. They played an oustanding defensive game and deserved to win. They took away the big play from Bluefield. On the long td run they had, that kid showed some good speed. Not sure what has happened to Blfd the last two games, but they were playing alot better in the middle of the season. IMO they need to get better instead of worse, to set the tone for next year. Maybe they have some injuries, who knows. Anyone know if Powell will be back for the playoffs? I believe it has been 4 weeks since the injury.

Gotta comment on the JM team as a whole. As other posters have pointed out, they are not that good. Definately not a top 5 team in AA IMO. I don't believe they will go very far in the playoffs. Of course I don't think Blfd. will either. Hopefully things will work out so Blfd gets another shot at them in the playoffs. JM fans need to remember the 2nd season starts in a couple of weeks and anything they say may come back to haunt them.

"Gotta comment on the JM team as a whole. As other posters have pointed out, they are not that good. Definately not a top 5 team in AA IMO."

I disagree with that for the simple fact that really what team aside from wayne and weir seem to be legit contenders? Herbert hoover was soundely defeated by 30 some points to wayne. And really who in aa has proven anything more to deserve top 5 ahead of them? Not certain what the rankings are, but teams such as scott haven't proven anything more in my opinion, really few teams in the top 10 play much of a hard schedule aside from weir and wayne, herbert hoover and bluefield. Mt. view while having talent, obviously is to inconsistent.

That said, I had the exact opinion, that bluefield played the best football of their season in mid season to this point. But some youthful players have progressed as strong players, brooks in particular.

They still have the playoffs, but regardless bluefield will be formidable in '06 with brooks, payne, jordan, the fb and with powell as qb and an experience back up who has also played well overall.

They're kicker has also been exceptional and seems to be another lucas stone and in my opinion hasn't had enough or any recognition on here for his efforts and ability.

Three things Beaver must improve upon in the off-season:

1. Tackling--Enough said.

2. Turnovers--They must work on cutting down on turnovers and holding onto the football. They allowed a couple of teams in wins stay closer than they should have. They also played themselves out of games against Princeton and Hoover with turnovers.

3. Punting--They must find a consistent punter capable of getting no less than 30 yards on every punt with good hang-time. Bluefield's punting last season was never really talked about b/c of the defense and offense. However, punting was a huge factor in a number of the big games last year as Beaver won the majority of battles in field position in their games. It was HUGE in the M'burg game.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can explain to me why he was on the field for senior night last night with the rest of the graduating class then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a medical red-shirt, just a guess.

weirfootball you should not count your chickens until they hatch. anyone can be beat on any given night. ask westside. granted not the best team in the state but got beat tonight by a o-8 team in sissonsville. just depends on who wants it more and if the other team comes in so cocky like you seem to be then a team can hang a loss on you real quick and move you out of the playoffs. so do not count the win just yet. and i am not saying that jm will win the title either but never count out a hungry team from any game.

[ QUOTE ]

wait a second... i just re-read over all this, and wvu_1 wasn't even there. he was going by here say... what the homer JM radio crew was saying. i hope they saw that catch on the news too...

wvu_1 should just keep his mouth shut unless he is there and sees it with his own eyes..... BECAUSE I WAS!!!! and i merely tried to give my opinion - which was that it was close and that we should watch it on the news.... but he's funny - typical JM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, toto, I mean total, you have to look at the video to see it again, the players elbows touch the ground out of bounds (with the ball in mid air) before his feet hit the ground inbounds. Then again, the man that made the call was the Ref, where was he from???????? I give up1

[ QUOTE ]

certainly someone who reads this message board would be able to confirm simply whether or not a player is a senior or a jr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't confirm whether he is a JR or SR, however, he was introduced as a SENIOR and was on the sidelines with the rest of the SENIORS on SENIOR NIGHT...

It is my understanding the Maurice is a junior academically but will be too old to compete his senior year, therefore the coaches let him be honored on senior night with the rest of the seniors since this would have been his last home game.