Carroll vs. Richlands Final

goalie

[ QUOTE ]

I wish they would just call the game and stop fussing about the 1/2 yard bad spot. Refs are humans and they try not to make mistakes but they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no complaints about the refs at CC this year...everything considered I thought it was one of the better games we had this year...last nights ref's were not so great...funny they were the same ones from the Va High playoff game last year except for 1 new guy i think...go figure...i hear we have them again next week as well...don't get me wrong...didn't have anything to do with the outcome last night...but they made bad calls all night against both teams..in particular two fumbles that were called down where the ball clearly came out...1 agaisnt grundy and 1 against tazewell...evens out i guess but still horrible calls...i'd rather see them keep the flags in the pocket for the most part and just let the kids play ball...have to keep control and safety must be a concern...but a back side holding call after the ball is 30 yards up the field shouldn't be called in most cases.

back to CC and Richlands...sounds like it was a great game...congrats to both and i'd like to see two state champs in the SWD...would shut up a lot of the people on the other side of the state who talk about how weak Region IV is.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I would have gone for two and the win, but that's just me...

[/ QUOTE ]coach wyatt would have too, but i guess carroll's coach didn't have ice water runnin through his veins lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean seriously, you've got BIG MO on your side, you've just scored the first TD on Richlands all year, its late in the game, the defense has to be a little stunned. One more punch and its KO city...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a bunch of crap g-man. IF YOU CAN GET THE TIE, WHY NOT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN IN O.T. I <font color="red"> </font> f he went for the win, and didn't get in, then you would be saying he should have went for the tie. To bambam i thought that you had a great game on offense and defense. To the rest of the team congrats. also. It shouldn't have been so close if some people had work their assignments better.if,if,if, i know. To cc, i commend you on a excellent hard fought game. And good luck the rest of the year...............southwest virginia district champions sounds good, dont it......GO BLUES. smile.gif

well if you are Richlands I would take my chances in OT...if you are CC, you might not get close enough to score a TD...you have to think at that point depth starts to take over and Richlands just has to much depth as the game wears on...I'd have gone for two and tried to get the couple of yards for the 2 points and the win at home. Just my thinking though...CC has a good line and with Yates should be able to get 2 up the gut or off tackle out of the regular wing set for them...just take the wing in motion and someone in the middle has to account for him...should be able to run yates off guard or tackle for two you would think. I think if the games goes to OT the chances favor Richlands greatly, mostly just because of the defense...how many times have you seen a good team againt Richlands get inside the 20 and then end up out of FG range having to punt? I've seen a few games and I've seen it happen at least 4 times myself this year...so based on that, I'd say take the 2...everyone will have their own opinion though on this.

Going for the extra point was the right call. Sometimes we forget that it is high school and these boys sometimes miss XP's but I would have made the same call. Just a very unlucky kick and could have went in but didn't..life goes on...congrats to R'lands and ya'll boys from Carroll keep your heads high you played one heck of a game against the #1 team in the state!

well with a D1 kicker u kick dont go for two. i really dont think we would have got the 2 on a great richlands team. conjrats on the dis. and best of luck to yall in yalls run to state.

kicker can't control the rush or the snap or the hold though...in HS it's not easy to kick...heck, I always say Tigh puts the eXcitement in eXtra points...lol.

over with now though...i can't wait to watch the film...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

You misread his statement. He said "If some people had worked their assignments better".

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you big d. Admit it was a bad game in alot of spots. Can't hide that, to many seen it. This is a once in lifetime or high school career chance to be very special, Can't lose sight of that. No matter what we fans and parents say.....they (team) need never lose sight of their dream; And to prove that every game. That's why i always end most every message, with one game at a time. Anyway there was blown assignments in alot of places, but it's hard to go against a scheme that you have not practiced for. It was a great game for both teams. Again to bambam and the rest of the blues congrats on your accomplishments. but you have alot of work left to do. Because it don't get any easier , I promise. You as a team have croosed one hurdle, now you must work hard to get to the next one........

go blues.....one game at a time smile.gif

no disrespect by my post in any means, my reply was to whshokies in that this richlands team has won as a team this year unlike in years past. there is a new hero every week for this team go back & look at the stats for each game. the stats don't lie!