Who is the best coach in southwest virginia.....

wvuraiders

Guest Woolybugger

[ QUOTE ]

Tom Hale of Carroll County

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. CC has never been competitive year in and year out until recently. They still have the same slow, short-legged country boys that they've always had and they're still outsized every week up front, but they beat people on technique, discipline, endurance and preparation.

Guest old_school

Nick Colobro, Gate City and before his untimely death

Glynn Carlock, Graham. Any time someone asks a question like this I think of coach Carlock and what he accomplished.

Guest old_school

[ QUOTE ]

Who ever has the best athletes....No disrespect....If Colobro is such a great coach could he win the LPD with Twin Valley's players. No, a coach is as only as good as his players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Look at what Harris Hart is doing in Bland. I'm not saying that Bland has bad athletes but a good coach has helped them win games that in the past few years they couldn't.

There is no reason to attack a coach under multiple user names. The following users are making inflammatory posts from the same IP address. My guess is it's the same person as none of them are online at the same time.

ghos88t 208.27.141.129

tiger_tail 208.27.141.129

river12man 208.27.141.129

colt45 208.27.141.129

You need to stop flaming! You're just embarrassing yourself.

[ QUOTE ]

I was curious being a west virginia man, who the locals think is the best head coach in southwest virginia...mostly concentrating on the southwest, mountain empire, the hoge, etc... what are your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

2005 Southwest VA coach of the year has to be Mance of Richlands. I'll base this on regular season play while wishing them the best throughout the playoffs.

Active Southwest VA coaches

1. Robbins of Powell Valley

2. Colobro of Gate City

Just my opinion based on so many State Championships and playoff wins over the years. There are alot of good coaches out there who have a great season from time to time but to take a team to either the regionals, semis or state final almost every year is amazing.

All time best Southwest VA Coach

Carlock of Graham

So many great teams for so many years. Coaches and players dreaded seeing Graham on the schedule and especially a trip to Bluefield where you knew you would face a well prepared, hard hitting Carlock team.

Coach Rowe and Coach Compton at Grundy should be mentioned...they have been there for about17 years now and have a great track record as far as wins go...both are good coaches.

Mance, Carlock, Colobro, Robbins.

i agree harris heart has to be at the top of coaches. he has took a team that has won a total of 6 games in the past three years and in his first year there they have 5 already. and that without time to develope the program

I can name three inducted into the (Hall of Fame) here in Southwest Virginia. All three have comemerable records in game wins, much less time (years) coaching. And to add a more favorable note: all three have coached "State Winning Teams" at one time or another.

They are (in no certain order or fashion), and still active coaches:

Tom Turner -- Appalachia Bulldogs

Nick Colobro -- Gate City Blue Devils

Phil Robbins -- Powell Valley Vikings

[ QUOTE ]

How about Bobby Wyatt. In his first year as coach they win the region championship and here he has the DAWGS back in the playoffs!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] i'd have to agree. i mean he took a 1-9 team to 8-5 and state semi-finals. not many coaches do that... but hey everyone on here is gonna get on here and say there coach is the best anyways so what difference does it make? lol

Guest BB_TWEEDER

As much as I regret saying this ... James Colley from Haysi is one (if not the most) smartest coaches around.

That answer would have to be Sanders 'Enter the Sandman' Henderson. You just knew when he turned that hat around backwards that things were going to get serious in a hurry. I think he gave up coaching a few years ago though to become a mortician. -- knock 'em dead, Big S --

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Tom Hale of Carroll County

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. CC has never been competitive year in and year out until recently. They still have the same slow, short-legged country boys that they've always had and they're still outsized every week up front, but they beat people on technique, discipline, endurance and preparation.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea hes a great coach he really makes u work hard and at some times u hate um but he wins and thats why carroll loves him.