Early thoughts on Lebanon vs. Richlands????

Tarter_Ball28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you probably will or SHOULD beat up Lebanon, Gate City and Honaker, all single A schools. But, you really won't find out what you have til you get to Liberty or Cave Spring, comparable enrollment and schedules. Not trying to start anything, it's just that we don't have comparable enrollments to guage how good Richlands is. Of the 10 wins, 6 will have division 2 enrollment numbers, 1 weak team with division 3 numbers, 1 weak team with division 4 numbers and 1 strong team with division 4 numbers that Richlands beat 7-6. I will be pulling for Richlands in the playoffs because they are from this area but the fact is that you'll have to wait til you get to some region 3 powerhouses to really find out how good you are. I hope it's good enough to win it all.

I really don't think Lebanon can win this game. That being said they should play Richlands harder (probably not closer) than anyone has this year, because if they beat Richlands they will outpoint Chilhowie by 1 or 2 points and make the playoffs. I know it is a very very long shot but it is still a shot.

Unfortunately you are wrong on at least one account. GC currently has A numbers and is why they are where they are at. As with Graham etc...in the past, the Devils partitioned to play up in AA although they had single A numbers.

I will not dwell on what school or team is bigger, nor will I dwell in how many A's there are that represents that particular Team, School, or Division. I will rely on what has always been a true source in any game,fight, or challenge. (It is not the size of the Dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the Dog.) This should be an outstanding game and goodluck to both teams! wink.gif

Give me the numbers from the VHSL that should make Lebanon AA, I want to see'em, where are they? OR is it that you relish being able to whip schools with single A enrollment that choose to play up (because it's easier for them to make the playoffs)? Is Lebanon breaking VHSL rules? If they are it needs to be fixed. You seem to want Lebanon, Gate City and everybody else with single A numbers to play up so it looks better when you beat'em, BUT, when it was your turn to drop down to division 3 from division 4, NOT a single word of disgust came from the Richlands faithful, why did'nt you petition to stay division 4? I've checked and it's been done by several schools so don't give me the "we can't do that because of VHSL rules" cause you most certainly can. What hypocrites!!! You want Lebanon and all the other schools to petition to play up so it won't look so bad when you beat up on single A teams and then get hammered in the playoffs, but when it's your turn to petition, you gladly move down with NO objections. LOL.........you fellas seem to have a problem with someone else dropping down within VHSL rules, but not a bit of problem when it's YOU dropping down........hypocrites. You might want to stick to your childish little "storm warnings" because you certainly don't know anything about the VHSL enrollments and classifications OR how to petition to play UP in division.

I don't know what you're checking but a team can't petition to play a division up. This has been discussed umpteen times on here. The region is seperated right down the middle by enrollment. You can petition to play a class up but not a division... and I don't see Richlands playing D5 ball. And it's not that Lebanon is breaking any VHSL rules... they just don't have the guts to play up like Graham and Grundy... which Lebanon has a higher enrollment than both. You have four AA schools within 45 minutes of you so why don't you move up? Wait... I know, you couldn't make the playoffs. By the way... atleast two out of the three SWD schools that could play single A would make D2 playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

Give me the numbers from the VHSL that should make Lebanon AA, I want to see'em

[/ QUOTE ]

We had this discussion last year. You would have the 3rd highest enrollment in the SWD. RR Plan

[ QUOTE ]

when it was your turn to drop down to division 3 from division 4, NOT a single word of disgust came from the Richlands faithful,

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiple words of disgust from me. Look it up.

[ QUOTE ]

why did'nt you petition to stay division 4? I've checked and it's been done by several schools so don't give me the "we can't do that because of VHSL rules" cause you most certainly can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know where you checked because, no you can't.

[ QUOTE ]

What hypocrites!!! You want Lebanon and all the other schools to petition to play up so it won't look so bad when you beat up on single A teams and then get hammered in the playoffs, but when it's your turn to petition, you gladly move down with NO objections. LOL.........you fellas seem to have a problem with someone else dropping down within VHSL rules, but not a bit of problem when it's YOU dropping down........hypocrites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I'm the one who replied to you about the "Beating up on single A schools" comment you should change "Hypocrites" to "Hypocrite". Of course you would need to find a statement from me that makes me out to be a hypocrite, and if you want to waste your time searching my posts then knock yourself out.

childish Storm Warnings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short memory, I started these warnings last year and follow through each week. If you have any doubt about The Storm, pay your 5 bucks and come watch this Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your wrong about that one...they played single A in the 70"s.not tryiny to pick a fight but I watched them play back in the day then and they played some buchanan county schools back then Hurley etc.

Yes.....you can appeal to play up from division 3 to division 4, of course you would'nt know this because you did'nt try. Lebanon is within the VHSL enrollment and classification rules playing single A, you can play up but NOT down, the same as division. I really don't care what division nor class Richlands plays in, I'm sure it's within the rules (same as Lebanon).

[ QUOTE ]

we're healthy.........got everybody back to full strength.....i think we still have some doubters at the other end of the county...come on, blues....lets see what you've got.

[/ QUOTE ] Parsons wanted to see what the blues have, I just stated that we won't know til they play playoff caliber schools with comparable enrollments. You people went off the deep end over nothing........stick with the "storm warnings", they got old after the first year of'em. This has turned into a (Richlands only) forum anyhow, heaven forbid anybody mention that Richlands might be the big fish in a little pond.........but they'll have to goto the big pond before the final storm.

READ MY LIPS: you can petition to play up in classification, i.e.AA,AA, A but not in divisions, i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6. This only applies to football, as their are no divisions in the other sports. Make sure to button down your cabin windows, because the Blue Tornado's are going to blow the Pioneers off the praire.

I hope that the Lebanon football program never gets to the point that they are using enrollment as an excuse not to compete with Richlands, Tazwell, or any other school in SWVA. Too good of a program for that. Look for instance at the LPD...say what you will, but having Gate City in the district has made everyone step their games up!!! A lot of people have cried they should be AA, but better competition sure makes you better.

HERE'S A SILLY STORM WARNING FOR YOU. To Bambam,Reno,MCcrakken,Big House,Caleb,Garrett,Peewee,Justin Williams,Gayheart,Lester,Mullins, Payne,Stauton,and the rest that i forgot to mention,and those who decided not to play future in high school football. I have had the plesure of watching you guys play against each other for years. And watching you come togeather in all-star programs. And especially coming togeather as the Richlands Blue Tornado's. To cola and the rest of the familys, we have not done a bad job raising our kids. And i appreciate everything that has been done for us along the way here. To this years team, you were once the best one player or players on your teams. Now you are all togeather as one destined team. You all have worked hard for this; some many, many years. I know the storm warnings are something of a joke to the few. But they have their teams to brag on. God gave you guys the ability to play sports, so show these guys and gals that the storm warnings are for real. You only get one shot sometimes, So show them as the caption says(pratice what you preach)that not only do you do that but you all also preach what you pratice. again it has been a great honor to watch you you all grow into great young men. just remember this is not (gitter done days) but, STORM WARNING TIME. And now it time to let it loose.....go blues......one game at a time. cool.gif

I believe Friday will be a LONG night for the Pioneers. Richlands should have the game pretty much wrapped up by halftime and the starters will be done after a couple series in the second half. Should be a good chance to get some more rest and heal up some of those nagging injuries. I look for McCrackin to have a huge night throwing the ball around to all his weapons. Another point will be that Lebanon can't stop the spread running game of Caleb Jennings. Last year when we spread them out and ran the ball, Ringstaff had about 200 yards in the second half.