Early thoughts on Lebanon vs. Richlands????

Tarter_Ball28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, "rhsfan88", you mentioned the offense but look for the D to put up some points Friday night, if I remember correctly from last year some DE returned a pick for 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

That defensive end looked like a DB running that INT back for six. grin.gif

This game should not even be close! If it is than Richlands is hurting after the Region IV round of the playoffs! The Pioneers are young and just a average team at best in Southwest Virginia. I see where some of you guys have been talking about the old days when this game was huge. I know I played in those games. Alot of folks don't relize how big a rivals Lebanon and Richlands became back in the late 80's early 90's. I think if someone was to look at the series history you might be surprised at how even the numbers are at one point there when they decided to stop playing each other it was actually tied up or Richlands had a 1 game lead in the series? I would say now Richlands leads the series by about 4 or 5 games winning the last 4 I beleive in a row? I hope it will get back to the type of game it once was (hardest hitting game of the year) but I don't know if it can? This game just dosen't mean what it used to to the kids! Well I've said enough.

Richlands 47 Lebanon 13 (first to score 2 TD's on Blues!)

LOL..........you people sure make a mountain out of a mole hill. Anyhow, Lebanon is not nor ever has been afraid to play anybody, everybody should already know that, if they were the least bit afraid to play Richlands, would they schedule them? I just pointed out a few things that were already pretty obvious and everybody went balistic. Lebanon will give you the very best game they're capable of, no hype, no tooting their own horn, no long threads telling everybody how great they are, just show up and give their best, that's all the Lebanon fans ask of their team. IF Lebanon is supposed to be double A, I recommend that you contact the VHSL asap, if not, then apparently.......you're wrong.

You people are funny..........I can't get over it. Lebanon and Gate City decides to play in Single A according to VHSL rules, is that any buisness of Richlands? Oh yeah, have you guys petitioned to play triple A yet? since that is the heroic and honorable thing to do, why have'nt you guys done that? I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms. OR is that just for local teams with single A numbers that you wanna down because they play in the class they're rated in.........just like Richlands does?

Nobody is faulting Lebanon for playing single A. I was only refuting your statement that Richlands "Should" beat little single A schools like Lebanon and Gate City because Richlands is so much bigger. I'm just letting you know, as I did last year at this time, that Lebanon would be the 3rd largest school in the SWD.

clodhopper i remember when lebanon went back to single a / they joined the hog. district & won it for the first few years (big fish in a little pond). now times have changed coaches & atheletes have gone. every dog has his day. it's real funny how you can throw smartazz remarks towards richlands & their football program. the difference for you all in lebanon is that you all have to rebuild / as for us in richlands we just reload. rhs football is bright!

go blues!

LOL----I still cant get over the fact that so many take evaluations on numbers, school size, team size, or how many A's represent a particular school, Division, or what have you. Being an old school football player from Appalachia with an enrollment of 200, we never judged if we could beat another team because of how big the school or how many players they had, we figured we could get it done (with 11 players at a time!), and we did. wink.gif

Yeah, I played.......all District 3 years, all Region 2 years, all state 1 year, But thats not here or there. I don't care about the numbers, it does seem that you do. I'm just pointing out that you people keep complaining about Lebanon playing single A because of their numbers, compare Richlands numbers to the other division 3 schools in the Southwest District and Highlands District, see if you can still point fingers at Lebanon and Gate City. The other thing I pointed out was what you'll run into when you get to Region 3, then you'll be in the same situation everybody else is in when they play Richlands. You folks made a big deal out of nothing. Nobody is afraid of Richlands, if they beat us or anybody else then they have the better team, all I did was state that you really can't gauge how good Richlands is by the schools they've played in regular season because of the player pool difference. When they get to Region 3, they'll be one of the smaller schools and hopefully be able to beat the larger schools. I said the same thing last year and it happened, hopefully this year they can overcome the difference in player pool and win the state.

Clodhopper, With all due respect, you made a big deal out of nothing. Nobody is complaining about Lebanon playing single A. We're complaining about you saying Richlands beats up on single A schools like Lebanon when you know full well that Lebanon is bigger than many double A schools and most single A schools. You critisize Richlands for being a big fish in a little pond, despite the fact they are playing in the highest class they can, while Lebanon is a big fish in a little pond by having a larger enrollment than every team on your schedule except Richlands.

I plead guilty, I got mad when people took me out of context and started throwing stuff at Lebanon when I was merely trying to state the fact that we really won't know how good Richlands is til they get to Region 3. I did'nt mean they play a pansey schedule or that they're not an outstanding football team. It's NOT Richlands fault that most schools in this area in division 3 are smaller division 3 teams, but almost all are very good programs that demand the respect of everybody, they've earned respect. In the original post, I was'nt trying to offend anybody, I was just stating that we won't know HOW good Richlands is til they play the bigger division 3 schools, there's no doubt they're the best team in this part of the state by far. If you think for a moment I won't be pulling for Richlands in the playoffs, you're dead wrong, I pull for every team that makes the playoffs from this part of the state and everybody takes a little bit of pride when one of them bring a Championship back to this area. I apologize to everyone I offended it certainly was'nt intended til after the "Lebanon should be double A" comment, that get's pretty old after a while, same as the long cleat comments........that's one of the reasons I NEVER say anything about the long cleat deal, certain statements just run all over a person and things just start roll'in from there. Anyhow, I have nothing but respect for the Richlands team and the Richlands program, I know how much work it takes to get to where they are.

Thanks for deleting all messages that replied to IMECCAHELLRAISER post at 11/10/05 11:57 am. This is no place for personal comments. Let's play the game on the field and may the best team win. Please, Lebanon and Richlands fans show good sportmenship and show class whether you are the winner or loser. Remember these are only teenage boys playing for love of the game. Purchasing a $5 ticket doesn't give you the right to insult the players or coaches. I will be there cheering for the Blues but I have some good friends at Lebanon, whom I hope to visit with tomorrow night.

The numbers I was using had both of those schools slightly larger but it's not a big deal anyway. Everyone just plays the teams on their schedule and can't control anything else. I wish we were all AAA but until there is something here to keep people from moving away we'll all keep getting smaller while schools in other parts of the state get bigger.

Yeah, the population decline has hit everybody in this area. Maybe they'll discover that limestone rock mixed with cedar trees will cure something and we could have a whole new industry. Not much for kids to stay here for anymore, but I try to stay optimistic.

Well I think the Storm Warning will be ignored and Lebanon will be blown away......

The reason Richlands stopped playing Lebanon was due to very rude and hostile fans...A Richlands fan was hit in the head with a BB while at a Basketball game(at Lebanon)....no one even offered to investigate who had the BB gun.....the cheerleaders were rudely verbally harassed (and the words were not nice) by Lebanon fans who chose to sit in front of the cheerleaders (I recall they experienced a painful encounter with the floor at half time)....Some fans made rude remarks to me on my way to my car.......Hopefully all the fans young and old will remember ...it's a ball game....and you are supposed to play nice.......GO BLUES!!!!All the Way...ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!!!!! cool.gif

Apparently it was ALL Lebanon that caused any trouble, I played during that time, was a bit older than Shanefive but it was already ugly on BOTH sides. The one sided stuff must be for the ones that's not old enough to remember cause the rest of us do remember. Neither side showed much sportsmanship and both were just as guilty as the other of being idiots. Of course a lot of people remember it the way they want it to be instead of the way it was, rudeness and name calling was from BOTH sides, neither side was innocent of showing their worst side.