football and emotion

hitter

will graham make a playoff run? emotion is a big part of football! im not predicting a state title! just bringing about the possibility of a grreat showing in the playoffs! what does everybody think? laugh.gif

Yes they have the players to make a run for it.the one thing that has impressed me about this graham team is that each week we are just getting better robert henry has really picked his game up,the lines are doing great on their blocking and you cant say enough about steven brown he will be a speed demon next year.But weve got just as much a shot than anybody else and if we can keep playing the way we have been I dont see anyone beating us right now,the only ones that can beat the g-men right is theirselves and i dont see that happening they have come together at the perfect time.

you are basing your opinion on 1 game and 1 common opponent. You guys beat a VHS team one week ago by 26 that Richlands beat 44 - 0 in a little over 3 quarters. Richlands should have beat Carroll by 3 or 4 tds at least.

We moved the ball at will against them but turned the ball over and didn't score.

You still have to come to Richlands where no one has scored a point. Don't get too cocky.

Richlands really didn't move the ball against Graham. Special teams killed Graham in that game. They returned 3 punts inside the 10 and Graham fumbled 2 punts inside the 10. You can't beat anyone doing that.

would have should have could have but richlands did not do it against cc. and graham did and graham beat vhs also. there are no excuses from me for grahams loss to richlands this year. they played the better game than graham. but graham is peaking now and it looks like richlands has already. but not saying that they are still not the top team right now. but graham has come together and the freshman qb is playing like a veteran now. that will be the big difference in the playoffs for graham against anyone. everyone is wanting to make excuses as to why cc did not do good against graham and why richlands did not do good against cc. but it comes down to execution. graham did cc did not richlands did not and cc did against richlands even though they still lost.

well the defence will make the differance. if you can't score you can't win. richlands will stop henry again also pretty well everything else. tazwell has improved also i think they will beat graham but this could go either way.

you are wrong. there were 2 punt returns inside the 10. we had another one to the 45. Richlands had 55 and 45 yard drives for TD's and a 55 yard drive for a FG.

when you are punting from inside your own 10 you should expect to give up good field position, which you did...

[ QUOTE ]

everyone is wanting to make excuses as to why cc did not do good against graham and why richlands did not do good against cc

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's making excuses? Richlands made mistakes and missed opportunities. They were lucky to get out of their with a win.

Dont know how it"s gonna go and yea emotion can really make a difference can give a team "superman syndrome" and I hope

Grahm or Tazwell "punts" Richlands out of it..seeing how a lotta folks done and ready to hand over the trophy to them.

It aint over till it"s over and as far as the quip about common opponents,The CC game that Richlands and Grahm had with them I agree doesent tell me that Grahm is better,but it does tell me that Richlands can be beat...

"I GOT 2 FAVORITE TEAMS,GRUNDY GOLDEN WAVE AND WHOEVER PLAYS RICHLANDS"

parsons is making excuses why richlands didnt score more against cc. saying should have had 3-4 more scores but gave reasones like fumbles. could it have been that cc did something. just like graham did more against cc but everyone keeps saying cc wasnt in the game they gave up they this they that. could have been just that graham did not let them because graham was the better team that night.

I agree with Parsons. He's not making an excuse, just an analysis. I thought Richlands shouldve been up 21-0 at halftime but turnovers and poor execution prevented that. Again, not an excuse, just a reason.

And no, Carroll was not ready for the Graham game. I'm not saying they would've won if they were, and I'm not comparing Graham to Richlands. I'm just saying Carroll played a heck of a game against Richlands then went to Graham and self destructed.

i still think that the graham defense and offense had more to do with that than just cc not being ready to play or just giving up. graham wanted this game and had something to prove because most thought that cc was the second best team in the swd and graham 3rd. not to many have gave graham much of a chance this season and still are not. this team is peaking at the right time i think. and that is important.

time will tell the story / anything can happen at any given point in football / thats why it is a game.

graham has to take care of tazewell which i feel won't be a easy task & the blues have to take care of va. high.

first things first lets take those pioneers to the woodshed & put some belief back in the non-believers.

i have always felt like graham was better than carroll and you guys proved it on the field friday night. as for richlands peaking earlier this year i don't really think that was the case. we buried VHS just the week before the Carroll game and i don't think that in a weeks time we suddenly became a weaker team. richlands has played better at home all year (still haven't been scored on at home), so i'm not overly worried about our level of play slipping in the playoffs......

my comment about punting graham from the playoffs was a weak (reference to alot of comments from graham fans about richlands winning the graham game largely because of the punt returns....

i feel very good about our chances to win the region just as i am sure graham and tazewell fans feel that their teams have a good chance of winning it also.

as for wave61, i will say that i pull for all the swd teams when they are not playing us. if graham or tazewell knock (don't think VHS will win the region) us out of the playoffs and go on to the state semi-final i will very much be in their corner.