VA HIGH IN THE PLAYOFFS

swd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

only game in tazewell county is at graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you, as an administrator, someone who is supposed to uphold the rules of this board, show no class whatsoever. In this thread, you have done nothing other than blatant degrade Virginia High's kids. What do you have against the kids at Virginia High? I have not seen half as much trash talk from them on this board as I have from everyone else constantly bashing them. They get excited about winning their district and all that anybody can say is "yeah but your district sucks." That's really respectable to say to a bunch of kids who have worked hard everyday for the past four months. I know what happened to Grundy last year in the playoffs, because I played in that game. I know you think the officiating was horrible and cost Grundy the game and all that, but it's not like the Virginia High kids did anything to throw the game. We played the game of football and played hard, and you show nothing but disrespect toward a group of kids who are only trying to have fun by playing high school football. You are obviously an adult, act like one and grow up. If you can't do that and realize that the kids from Virginia High love football and go out there and play hard week in and week out just like Garon Marcum, who I mention because you always talk about how he gives it his all, and the rest of the Grundy kids, then you need to just shut up.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I have to step in and say I've never read Lance putting down the VHS kids. The coach, district, record, and maybe SOME of the fans, yes, but never the kids.

But he's a moderator. Moderators shouldn't put down anyone. His sole purpose is to police to the board so to speak. And when you put down a team then you're putting down the kids. It's one thing to say you predict them to lose. To trash them is another entirely. A little practicing what fellow moderators preach would go a long way.

i'm not putting anyone down...just saying...I'm going to the Graham game...and Va High goes on about how bad they are more than any losing team in the state...you guys have fun tonight, that's all i can tell you.

[ QUOTE ]

well when the highlands win a game against the swd then come talk to us!!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only two years ago Tazewell went 1-9 and I know that Virginia High absolutely crushed them (they won by around 40 points I believe). So I guess I can talk to you!! LOL!!!!11

[ QUOTE ]

i'm not putting anyone down...just saying...I'm going to the Graham game...and Va High goes on about how bad they are more than any losing team in the state...you guys have fun tonight, that's all i can tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you weren't "just saying" what game you were going to and you know it. You blantantly took a cheap shot at the Virginia High/Richlands game, it's pretty obvious, so why deny it? Also, I would like proof in the six pages of this thread completely dedicated to thrashing Virginia High where a Virginia High player bragged about "how bad they are." As if players from other teams have never talked any trash on this board or anything...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't have a dog in this fight but I have to step in and say I've never read Lance putting down the VHS kids. The coach, district, record, and maybe SOME of the fans, yes, but never the kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that when somebody basically says that winning the Highlands district means nothing and football in the Highlands is a complete joke that it isn't degrading to the kids? No, he hasn't pointed out specific players and attacked them, but saying that what they have accomplished this year, winning their district, amounts to nothing is pretty offensive. This is a similar situation to Richlands not getting respect outside of Southwest Virginia, which is a topic that has come up before. If Richlands goes on to win the region, and then loses in the state semis and people from the rest of the state say, "oh look, Richlands is just a joke of a team coming from a region with no competition" would that not make the kids feel bad about what they accomplished this year? We all know that Richlands has accomplished a lot as a team so far this year and I wouldn't take that away from them. That's all I'm trying to say here.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well when the highlands win a game against the swd then come talk to us!!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only two years ago Tazewell went 1-9 and I know that Virginia High absolutely crushed them (they won by around 40 points I believe). So I guess I can talk to you!! LOL!!!!11

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you weren't "just saying" what game you were going to and you know it. You blantantly took a cheap shot at the Virginia High/Richlands game, it's pretty obvious, so why deny it? Also, I would like proof in the six pages of this thread completely dedicated to thrashing Virginia High where a Virginia High player bragged about "how bad they are." As if players from other teams have never talked any trash on this board or anything... [/quote

yeah man that was 2 years ago and now the swd is 25 or 26 and 0 verus the highlands.

whatever...i don't pretend to like va high...never have...but i'm not going to put the kids down...so if you want to think that then it just proves how simple you really are.

i just see where you guys go around begging for respect for winnig the highlands all of the time and i think it's funny...as far as the playoffs go though, even without winning the district you would have been there as the #4 seed so you earned it no matter how sorry your record was...so no complaints about that...i just found ti funny that terry The Great told everyone you guys would come back and play richlands in a few weeks and you would not lose to them again...richlands was just better than anyone around here this year...how they stack up against the rest of the state we will know in a couple of weeks...i was more impressed with Graham friday night than anyone else this yea though...they played a heck of a game...and i'm glad i went to that game instead of the richlands game...you guys just didn't have a chance against them this year...hardly anyone has...next weeks game should be a good one though.

anyway...va high is gone for the year...so you guys go enjoy basketball season with he rest of us.

I think I can kind of sum it up for all of the SWD fans, VA. High beats the SWD ONCE last year, and yes, it did end our season, but that is over. The thing that really kills you though is when Bearcat brings it up 4 months later, just to rub it in our face. Yes, I have talked my fair share of trash to the VA High fans...but it was talked back. Did Lance take a cheap shot? Heck no, he simply stated a fact...Everyone knew it would be a battle in Bluefield Friday night, a lot better of a game than in Richlands. I'm not meaning to strike a nerve, but a 27-3 Graham vs. Tazewell game is a lot more exciting to watch than a 40-6 slaughter fest isn't it?