Liberty-Bedford @ Richlands

old_school_blue

Shew!!! It's gonna be a barnburner!! Sure hope that Big Blue Defense is ready for that speed!! It's a different style of football up that way... Coach Mance has gotten the much needed experience the last few years by playing Magna Vista and Bassett. Richlands is the real deal!! Even more than the Vaught team of 1992!! The difference is Mance won't have to get those "special" cleats "haha" to win the state title. I'd might as well bring it up, I know it's gonna be brought up on here. Who cares!!! Go Blues!! Bring it back to Southwest Virginia!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Sure hope that Big Blue Defense is ready for that speed!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Liberty is fast like everyone says but I think some people (to our east) are underestimating the speed of Richlands. The biggest improvement from last year is overall team speed in my opinion.

From what I understand about Liberty, speed isn't the concern. Overall, we should have more team speed the Liberty. They are a power team that likes to grind it out on the ground. Richlands will have to rely more on the SENIORS and get them more involved. Too many weapons on offense not to spread the ball around.

take for what its worth. my uncle lives in bedford. he came to ghs vs rhs first game and then went to liberty game tne next week. he felt rhs should be able to win if they surround the ball carrier like they did at graham. thats an opinion from a non biased observer and i hope he is right.

game of the year...winner will take state I think...Richlands seems to be wearing down a little the past few weeks as the season grows longer and colder...Liberty Bedford will be the best team they have played so far...going to be a heck of a game, or should be...I think since Jennings has come back, Richlands has gone to a less "wide open" style of offense and concentrated on getting him the ball...it would be good for them to get back to the more open spread and fun and gun against LB...let McCracken take off if no one is open...he seems to be doing less of that in the later part of the season...he's sitting in the pocket and waiting longer for the plays to develope...i think thats a product of having a good line and getting more comfortable as the season goes on...and I think that has taken away some of the threat that Richlands had earlier on...I'd like to see them go back to that style of play...Jennings can still get his, but I wouln't make him the focal point of the offense...they key is for McCracken to be the main threat.

On the defensive side of the ball, key for Richlands will be simple : containment

The ends have to contain and the LB's can't give up on plays to the outside...they'll have to swarm to the ball...as long as they keep everyone attacking the ball like htey have had all year, they will be fine.

another thing...Richlands has been prone to turning the ball over at times as well...most of the points scored on them this year were due to turnovers...they have to be perfect next week...can't turn the ball over to LB or you'll pay for it.

great post lance. my fear about rhs is predictability. i.e.timmy brown rt timmy brown lf. cain ringstaff rt cain ringstaff lt. sounds very familiar to caleb jennings rt and caleb jennings lt. coach mance finds a horse and runs his over and over. salem last year and magna vista the year before just had to stop brown and ringstaff and they beat rhs. this year prior to calebs return there were no stars and mance spread the ball around. now i can call the plays from the stands. ghs knew our plays before we ran them based on formation and motion. mance needs to mix it up this time of year cause lb has all the film they need to scout us. i still think the blues win saturday simply because it will be a pure running team in lb vs the best run stopping defense in the region. defense wins championships. good luck blues.