VT and Florida State

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

You can't blame the offensive coordinator. One question, Do you complain when Virginia Tech wins?

Guest JJBrickface

Like I said you only blame him when you lose. I haven't read one posts from you guys after a win complainging about him.

Virginia will take him. Ron Prince is worse. I've never seen so many swing passes on 3rd-and-9 in my life. Also, the offensive playcallin' was far too unimaginative. "Run first, pass no more than 5 yards" could very well be the logo of that offense with him there, with the exception of the Florida State game (which I saw), they played like they had nothin' to lose. We didn't have the athletes, and we couldn't make it up with skill, so there we are, 6-5. I'd love to be 10-2 like Tech is.

It's easy to criticize, and it makes for fun banter.

By the way, Tech had more personal fouls in that game than I would've imagined. It looks unsportsmanlike from this angle. So was the hit Brad Batler game Matthias Kiwaniuka. I call it as I see it.

Guest JJBrickface

It is unfair to blame one person, especially one assistant coach. If you are going to blame you Stinespring then you also have to blame Coach Beamer. Besides Florida St. scored on a special teams and did enough offensively to win. If you are going to win as a team you have to lose as a team, and if ONE assistant coaches is the reason for a loss then Va Tech shouldn't be considered a top ten, 15, or even 20 team.

Guest JJBrickface

Both Florida St. and VT looked undisciplined. FSU withthe personal fouls and stupid penalties. VT with the personal fould and the receivers complaining every play.

[ QUOTE ]

It is unfair to blame one person, especially one assistant coach. If you are going to blame you Stinespring then you also have to blame Coach Beamer. Besides Florida St. scored on a special teams and did enough offensively to win. If you are going to win as a team you have to lose as a team, and if ONE assistant coaches is the reason for a loss then Va Tech shouldn't be considered a top ten, 15, or even 20 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. I blame Frank Beamer for promoting Brian Stinespring to offensive coordinator.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. I blame Frank Beamer for promoting Brian Stinespring to offensive coordinator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

Hate to say it but i blame Vick and His line Vick had no time in the backfield to set up good passes and every "big" game he chokes kindda like miami tech just cant beat fsu aslong as beamer is coach its like the curse of the great babmino, but that wwas broken after long a period of time but i dont think beamer will live long enough and have enough tries to beat fsu

[ QUOTE ]

Both Florida St. and VT looked undisciplined. FSU withthe personal fouls and stupid penalties. VT with the personal fould and the receivers complaining every play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one who saw that...

I cannot even begin to describe my level of disappointment, but I had a bad feeling about this game all week. Much like Miami heading into the Tech game, the media was only pouring gasoline on FSU's fire and kicking them while they were down. Tech blew another chance to take the program up a notch and now instead has to play in a bowl game against a team no one nationally will care if they defeat or not. I wanted to play Penn State so badly, but now we get to play Loserville or some second rate team like that. I'm just so excited.... smirk.gif