Graham picks up 10th team for next season...

GMan

Graham will replace the 2nd Bluefield game next year by adding an old foe to the schedule. Mt. View will be added next season after an extensive search to fill the 10th spot. Princeton was also contacted but declined. Have no word on who Bluefield will pick up to replace the game. At this point, the Beavers need to fill two holes on next seasons schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

Is it true that Bluefield and Haysi are playing next year? Was mentioned on the LPD board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it...would be very suprised if it happened...

[ QUOTE ]

I want Richlands and Bluefield to play. I don't care about the officiating fiasco a few years ago. These two teams should play each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, as well as Bluefield-Tazewell...

In my opinion james monroe graham would also be a quality game for either team to schedule. Historically graham has been way to fundamentaly sound for mount view. But mount view has potential to be a hard game for graham in most any season and their willingness to schedule graham warrants respect.

I agree bluefield and richlands should simply reschedle a series. And perhaps bluefield tazewell. In hindsight it was fun having 2 graham games 1 season but I wouldn't really care for them to schedule 2 games anymore.

[ QUOTE ]

In my opinion james monroe graham would also be a quality game for either team to schedule. Historically graham has been way to fundamentaly sound for mount view. But mount view has potential to be a hard game for graham in most any season and their willingness to schedule graham warrants respect.

I agree bluefield and richlands should simply reschedle a series. And perhaps bluefield tazewell. In hindsight it was fun having 2 graham games 1 season but I wouldn't really care for them to schedule 2 games anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony of two Graham-Bluefield games this year...

Freddie was not all too thrilled about playing twice. However, if they had only played once, Bluefield would have missed the playoffs...

i think blacksburg would be a good game for richlands now that they are in div.3 they could pick up important points by playing div.4 schools and blacksburg isnt really that far same dis as carroll co. and what about christiansburg,pulaski.i would rather see graham pick up these teams than mt.view not that im worried about mt view its just some different teams and different places to go would be nice for a change.

And Bluefield picks their own Refs...they pay the refs...or that was what I was told...Wouldn't be back to ref if the home team had the penalties....I do not think Richlands should play Bluefield........never have had fair games with any West Virginia teams

The officiating was a problem when it was George Simons and that bunch that worked all of the Beaver games. I've been to a couple of big games at Bluefield that past couple years (Martinsburg, James Monroe, Mount View) and the officiating wasn't slanted one way or the other.

[ QUOTE ]

And Bluefield picks their own Refs...they pay the refs...or that was what I was told...Wouldn't be back to ref if the home team had the penalties....I do not think Richlands should play Bluefield........never have had fair games with any West Virginia teams

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm kind of neutral in this situation and I saw both of the last two Bluefield-Richlands games, the one at Richlands when the Blues destroyed Bluefield and the one at Mitchell Stadium when Bluefield needed a win to make the playoffs.

I must say the officiating at both games was horrible.

At Richlands, the Beavers NEVER caught a break that game from the refs and it lead to them falling apart and the Blues running all over them...similar to what happened with the VT-FSU game this past Saturday night.

The game in Bluefield the next year was probably one of the best "hose jobs" I've ever seen in person. George and crew were in full force that night and never let the Blues get into a rhythm...almost every good play by Richlands was negated by a penalty. Bluefield most definitely got the "benefit of the doubt" that night.

I honestly think the "hose job" was a product of what Bluefield got at Richlands the year before, only it was much more "flagrant".

Richlands and Bluefield need to let the past go and schedule a two game series...only this time with "fair" officiating. Can it be done??? Will it be done??? Who knows but I, for one, would like to see it happen.

simons' crew hasn't reffed a game at bluefield since that richlands game. g- man is correct it has been a double edged sword, not certain about the season before, but I recall well a game in the '90s at richlands where there were more flags flying than at the united nations, against bluefield.

I guess 1 of the differences seems to be that bluefield people were not satisfied with that at mitchell stadium and it hasn't happened since and there's no hesitation about playing more games at richlands.

I also thought that richlands attempting to pass block a fast bluefield d had "some" to do with the amount of holding penalties in '02, but overall simon's crew was the cause.

[ QUOTE ]

simons' crew hasn't reffed a game at bluefield since that richlands game. g- man is correct it has been a double edged sword, not certain about the season before, but I recall well a game in the '90s at richlands where there were more flags flying than at the united nations, against bluefield.

I guess 1 of the differences seems to be that bluefield people were not satisfied with that at mitchell stadium and it hasn't happened since and there's no hesitation about playing more games at richlands.

I also thought that richlands attempting to pass block a fast bluefield d had "some" to do with the amount of holding penalties in '02, but overall simon's crew was the cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

George's crew did do a couple of Bluefield games after the Richlands fiasco...I know for a fact he did the Mt. View game in 2003...and yes, the View got no calls...

I would like to see Bluefield schedule some North Carolina teams. Either along the border of NC/VA, or some teams in Winston Salem. It's only 1 hour and a half from Bluefield to Winston Salem area. Maybe 2 hours by bus. I'm sure they travel farther than that for games in West Virginia.

Just my .02 cents.

• 4 weeks later...

George Simons is notorious for bad officiating especially when MT.View is involved in the game he's officiating, he hates Mt.View.Iaeger use to have him and his crew officiate their home games against MV because they knew he would help them keep the games close.I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of bad or late flags he's thrown after MV would break a big play for a td against Iaeger in Iaeger over the years lol.