Congrats Richlands!!

BigBlueAlum

Congratulations on one heack of a season. Whatever you do, do not hang your heads over this game! You all made an awesome run this season, and will be back in the thick of things next year. I am so proud to tell everyone I'm from Richlands now, and you all should be also. Thanks for an entertaining season of great football games, and I already can't wait for next year!!!

i heard on the radio ..that Richlands had won..on magic 97.7 they said something like coach mance has 3 total state titals one as a player at giles which he caught a td pass...and one as an assistant coach in 92' and now in 2005...but on here they said they lost...i duno how it went..but either way CONGRATULATIONS RICHLANDS!!!!! on a awesome season

I was talking to a freind just a few minutes ago, and he said "I bet you're glad you didnt go to the game now" and I said, "are you kidding me?!?!" I would have still loved to have been there. Am I dissapointed that we lost? Yes. but am I still happy that we had a great season? YES! I dont care if we would have gotten beat 60-0 I would have still loved to have been there cheering for my Blues, you guys are awesome and thats all I can say. Ok, I'm done now. smile.gif

Great post Big Blue Alum, your posting is exactly what identifies you as a true supporter, win or lose. Programs need people like yourself to back the boys that you support, win or lose. Even though I am an adamant Gate City supporter, I was hoping that the Blues would bring a state championship back to Richlands & SWVA for that matter. Once the school I support is no longer in the mix, I always pull for those who represent our area. There's no cause or reason not to support those from our area, as we all have a common thread once we venture out of SWVA, Region IV, Region C or D, etc. If people can't get behind kids playing for a state championship from the area they are from they have issues in my opinion. Sometimes it takes some growing up & maturity to see the big picture. I try to look at the local "haters" (I think that is the current word used by the younger set) and take it with a grain of salt. They'll come around eventually. I remember attending the GC-Richlands game in the first game of the season at Ernie Hicks Stadium & seeing a large group of people wearing the number of the young man (I apologize that I can not remember his name) that played for Richlands not too long ago that lost his life in an automobile accident in Kingsport not too long ago. I went and talked to them before the game & it really made me think about what is important in life when it comes to those we love and support. People sometimes lose what really matters when it comes to competition and I admit I have and still do for that matter. The remembrance and support these people showed for the one they loved really could bring a reality check to others on what really matters as far as high school football competition is concerned. Once your high school day are over, you become a part of a much larger world. I myself prefer to consider myself an individual from Southwest Virginia, not from just one high school/community. People need to look a the big picture from time to time.

Congratulations to the Blues on a great season & I know they'll be back next year. The only time I will cheer against our ex-SWD bretheren is when they play us. Otherwise, I cheer then on every week. Nothing to hang your heads about in the least bit, Richlands represented our area very well on the state level and made me proud to say I am a SWVA football supporter.

I saw Honaker Tigers, Grundy Golden Waves, Bluefield Beavers just everyone from this area. If fans would have counted for 1/100 of a point we would have won by a landslide. I have never seen that many people travel to follow any local team. the stadium holds I think 13,000 The Richlands side had hardly any empty seats. Turner Ashby might have brought at the most 1000. i could not believe that they did not come out to the game.

Guys, I was fortunate enough to be on the field and just to look up and see that crowd, it was awesome. Blues Ole Cola is proud of you, it didnt turn out the way you wanted, but you guys have wrote a major chapter in my life that I wont ever forget. Thanks for letting me hang around.

2005 has been a tough year for me and I haven't had much to smile about; but this team has been one of the few bright spots. After the game, I went down to the field and told as many of the players as I could a couple of things that have happened in my family, how much of a difference they had made by giving me something to look forward to, shook their hand, and gave them a hug. After watching them play all season, talking with them after games, and seeing how they conduct themselves; I can't help but feel all communities should be so lucky. Yea, we drove to wherever, bought hotdogs (gotta love that chile at Honaker), wore our RHS stuff, and destroyed our vocal cords; but all that is so minor compared to what you have given us. Thanks guys...... and, last but not least, thanks parents for allowing all of us to "adopt" your children for a little while.

Wow,Congratulations to Richlands!Not all your teams go threw a season with a 13-1 Record and do as well as Richlands did.I am SO proud of the boys for making it to State-Finals!It did suck when we lost,but still VERY PROUD!I left Lynchburg with a smile on my face! Lets hope next year will be just as great of a season and enjoyable as this one was!All us Fans are defently ready for another season of a wonderful storm,So make it happen boys!

*Go Blues*

First off, thank you to everyone that supported us this year, especially the parents, churches that fed us, BigD for his Super pictures, our tremendous coaches, and last but not least every one of my teammates and i know they all feel the same way. This is def. a year i will NEVER forget especially being a senior, it would have been nice to have gotten the ring but we fooled alot of ppl this year and made TONS of non-beilievers, believers. To this years team, i love every one of u guys and ill remember everyone for as long as i live, to next years team...i have all the confidence in the world you can do the same thing we did this year and even win too. It all starts Tomorrow(Monday) for you boys, so hit the wieght room and it pays off in the end. BEWARE OF THE STORM!!

I have never been so proud in my life to say that I am from Richlands. There is no reason for any of our guys not to be proud of what they have accomplished this season. We might not have took home the state title but we did something that no team has been able to do in the past 13 years, we made it to Lynchburg! The fans have been awesome this season. This Saturday noone in the stands ever gave up hope. Our team played right to the end and never gave up just as well. This town has the best supporters I have ever seen from any other teams we have played, you all have been there right from the start. So congratulations guys, you had an awesome season. Thanks for all of those great memories made underneath those "Friday Night Lights"....I will never forget any of them and i owe it all to all of you! And to me you will always be CHAMPIONS!

-to the senior class thinks for the 2005 season & best of luck to you all in your future endeavors.

-to the underclassmen you guys see what it takes to be the best / work hard & it will payoff in due time

-to the coaching staff thanks for the endless hours you guys work for season like this.

-to the fans keep believing & supporting them blues.

-to bigd, cola, & the blue-neck nation the rest of the gang enjoyed our chats during the season

** to the 2006 team the blue-neck nation have already made reservations in lynchburg for next season SEE YOU THERE! **

BE PROUD & GO GET'EM BLUES!

I too am a very Proud Alumni Of RHS.......and Proud of the 2005 Blues.......stand proud boys....Just couldn't get anything going Sat.....We did have the largest crowd....bet all those towels shaking looked good,,,,,,,,,and the helmet looked awesome in the corner....thanks to those responsible for it's purchase......and Thanks to all who contributed to such a great year....Players , Coaches, Parents, Fans, cause it takes all to make The Best Team of the Southwest!!!!!!!!!!!GO BLUES!!!!!! PREPARE FOR FORECAST OF STORMS DUE TO HIT NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

Well boys you all had just an absolutly incredible season. You have nothing to hang your heads about. You represented RHS very well. I got to play with pretty much everyone of you the last however many years and it's been just as fun watching you all from the stands. I came to every game I could and if I wasn't there I was getting the up to second scoring summary from Thad.

Seniors just continue to live up this year and enjoy every last second of it. It will be the best time of you life.

Underclassman, time to hit the weight room and make that final step to win it all.

congrats on an exceptional season yall, it seemed on the radio that the other team simply played an overall flawless game and had their day, another game might have been a victory for richlands against them but conrats to yall and them. Yall have much to be proud of.

And to giles and salem.

Congrats to all swva football teams.

Good fortune in '06 richlands. God bless!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with cola, I really want to thank you for allowing me to be part of your lives over the past few years. You guys had one hell of a good year. To all you seniors, It's been specially nice to be included in the ride this year. To you guys that go on and play in college, take a little of the storm with you....go blues....one game at a time!