Bristol Herald Courier's ALL-SWVA Team

WHSHokies

Congratulations to the following Blue Tornados;

Travis Payne Defensive player of the year

First team offense:

Justin McCracken qb

Rob Stanton wr ( I suppose Coach Smith could not influence his hometown newspaper to get his all Regional wr Sullins,

an honorable mention). Politics doesn't work all the time.

Garrett Arms ol

Derek McKnight ol

Brandon Gayheart dl

**Brad Lester lb ( My write in vote)

C.J. Arms p

Caleb Jennings rb

D.J. Simmons db

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations to the following Blue Tornados;

Coach Greg mance coach of the year

Travis Payne Defensive player of the year

First team offense:

Justin McCracken qb

Rob Stanton wr ( I suppose Coach Smith could not influence his hometown newspaper to get his all Regional wr Sullins,

an honorable mention). Politics doesn't work all the time.

Garrett Arms ol

Derek McKnight ol

Brandon Gayheart dl

**Brad Lester lb ( My write in vote)

C.J. Arms p ( Where is Coach Smith's all regional punter Messer ?)

Caleb Jennings rb

D.J. Simmons db

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in response to everyone who has once again trashed our players and coaches, this time in regard to the all region team.

Who picks these teams? The Head Coaches.

so, coach smith shows up, well prepared, and pushes for his kids. He makes the case for all his players he feels should be in the running. Other schools in both the highlands and swd don't even have a coach show up to push their players. So which Coach should catch the all the negative stuff? I think the ones who didn't show up or the ones who didn't stick up for their guy if he was more deserving.

Richlands - 7 1st teamers

Va High 3 1st teamers

As for our LB "who only played for games", He played all the district games and was clearly the best defensive player in the district. As a result, he was named defensive player of the year in the disrict. That usually means a player is a lock to atleast be on the all region 1st team, which he was. I'll add, i think he deserved it.

Same thing with Eccleston on offense with his POY in the highlands. Can't wait to have him back next year!

Only other 1st teamer was Sullins, so what is the problem?

[ QUOTE ]

so, coach smith shows up, well prepared, and pushes for his kids. He makes the case for all his players he feels should be in the running. Other schools in both the highlands and swd don't even have a coach show up to push their players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just vote for the most deserving players? Why do coaches need to lobby for votes?

[ QUOTE ]

This is in response to everyone who has once again trashed our players and coaches, this time in regard to the all region team.

Who picks these teams? The Head Coaches.

so, coach smith shows up, well prepared, and pushes for his kids. He makes the case for all his players he feels should be in the running. Other schools in both the highlands and swd don't even have a coach show up to push their players. So which Coach should catch the all the negative stuff? I think the ones who didn't show up or the ones who didn't stick up for their guy if he was more deserving.

Richlands - 7 1st teamers

Va High 3 1st teamers

As for our LB "who only played for games", He played all the district games and was clearly the best defensive player in the district. As a result, he was named defensive player of the year in the disrict. That usually means a player is a lock to atleast be on the all region 1st team, which he was. I'll add, i think he deserved it.

Same thing with Eccleston on offense with his POY in the highlands. Can't wait to have him back next year!

Only other 1st teamer was Sullins, so what is the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you just coach football and leave the squabling to the fans? Coaches are suppose to have class.

Congratulations Coach Mance, Payne, McCracken, Stanton, Gayheart, G.Arms,McKnight,Lester, Jennings,C.J. Arms and Simmons.

What a great year 13-1.

You are #1 in Richlands and I saw them all.

As posted on Va Preps...

1st team Offense:

QB-Justin McCracken, Richlands

RB-Robert Henry, Graham

RB-Tyler Parks, Gate City

WR-Rob Stanton, Richlands

WR-Mark Dockery, Twin Springs

TE-Brian Baber, Appalachia

OL-Garrett Arms, Richlands

OL-Jarrod Burton, Tazewell

OL-Derek McKnight, Richlands

OL-Jason Neeley, Powell Valley

OL-Eric Wilson, Rural Retreat

Athlete-Lorenzo Miles, J.I. Burton

KR-Derrick Davis, George Wythe

K-Lance Ayers, Carroll County

1st team Defense:

DL-Josh Yates, Haysi

DL-Travis Payne, Richlands

DL-David Sullivan, Appalachia

DL-Bryan Johnson, Honaker

DL-Brandon Gayheart, Richlands

LB-Rickie Harris, J.I. Burton

LB-Ryan Jones, Haysi

LB-Trey Smith, George Wythe

DB-Jonathan Hawkins, Rural Retreat

DB-Jordan Thacker, J.I. Burton

DB-T.J. Graham, Rye Cove

P-Conley Yates, Lebanon

Second team Offense:

QB-Matthew Heldreth, Rural Retreat

RB-Caleb Jennings, Richlands

RB-Kenny Dotson, Clintwood

WR-Jimmy Ashby, Grundy

WR-Delmas Lawson, Powell Valley

TE-Michael Thomas, Holston

OL-Danny Mickles, Honaker

OL-Jacob Cumbo, Clintwood

OL-Jimmy Cheers, Virginia High

OL-Jonathan Bovenizer, Graham

OL-Jayson Firestone, Northwood

Athlete-Will Walker, Chilhowie

KR-Andrew Bostic, Honaker

K-Mike Cisneros, Marion

Second Team Defense:

DL-Shannon Graham, Tazewell

DL-Ryan Vanover, Pound

DL-Aaron Stevens, Rural Retreat

DL-Seth Anderson, Chilhowie

DL-Walt Pearson, Virginia High

LB-Billy Testerman, Chihowie

LB-Stephen Woods, Virginia High

LB-Frank Sabbatini, Lee High

DB-Thomas Crowgey, George Wythe

DB-Stephen Mumpower, Powell Valley

DB-Luke Reasor, Rural Retreat

P-C.J. Arms, Richlands

Honorable Mention:

Abingdon-Duran Carson, Appalachia-Sammy Jessee, Carroll County-Willie Yates, Castlewood-Matt Phillips, Chilhowie-Jared Pierce, Clintwood-C.J. Phillips, Coeburn-Matt Hall, Ervinton-Adam Kiser, Gate City-Jake Spivey, George Wythe-Joe Sisti, Graham-Justin Bradshaw, Grundy-Garon Marcum, Haysi-Zack Counts, Holston-Zack Titman, Honaker-Matt Hayes, Hurley-Shane Justice, John Batle-Bradley Ricker, J.I. Burton-Josh Miles, J.J. Kelly-Zac Clifton, Lebabon-Zach Lambert, Lee High-Jared Will, Marion-Nathaniel Call, Northwood-Daniel Broughman, Patrick Henry-Matt Snodgrass, Pound-Adam Mullins, Powell Valley-Cedric Mitchell, Richlands-D.J. Simmons, Rural Retreat-Wyatte Pickett, Rye Cove-Travis Shupe, St. Paul-Chris Vance, Tazewell-Eric McDaniel, Thomas Walker-Reggie Hounshell, Twin Springs-Keith Warner, Twin Valley-Wyatt Justus, Virginia High-Allan Eccleston

nope....they didn't make the heralds all swva team, not even honorable mention. rural retreat had more players (3) on the 1st and 2nd team defense than the top defense in southwest va....something is BAD WRONG in that regard...