Toughest Sport

legend11

team sports or overall? Team sports you could argue football or rugby. In my opinion the more extreme endurance sports, such as the longer triathlons or ultra distance foot races, or mountaineering, if catergorized as a sport, are really the most extreme types of competitions, they push the limits of the body and mind far more than team sports. They often push your body and mind beyond a point of functioning correctly, to a point where some systems shut down.

Boxing and types of fighting are also arguably also some of the harder individual sports, but in a different way.

do a little research about what "sport" causes the highest percentage of severe injuries... and you'll have a different way of looking at those little girls flipping around on the side lines. i did it in college for 2 years, and it's brutal.

Alright, I'll tell y'all what I think. Every sport is tough in its own way. Soccer is so tough on your endurance. Football, well, is football. Physically tough. I haven't heard anybody say anything about baseball but I think it's one of the hardest sports to play just because of what's asked of you. I gave it up a while back because of soccer, but I still love it. It's such a hard concept though. Hit a ball that's coming at you pretty quickly with a stick. Takes incredible hand-eye coordination. Other than that, I've seen mention of rugby and aussie football, which demands on the athlete physically as well. But being in shape for one sport doesn't mean you will be in shape for every sport. So I think that there is respect needed AND GIVEN by everyone here for sports other than the one that they specialize in. So it's hard to say which sport is exactly the "toughest sport".

Think about this...

A Major League baseball player gets a hit 3 out of 10 times...he's an All-Star and probably a Hall of Famer.

Have you ever seen...

An NFL QB who completes 3 out of 10 passes ever make the Pro Bowl? (OK, maybe Michael Vick)

An NBA basketball player who makes 3 out of 10 shots ever make the All-Star game?

An NHL goalie who stops only 3 out of 10 shots stay in a game longer than one period?

A PGA golfer who hits only 3 out of 10 (we'll go ahead and say 6 out of 18) greens and win a tournament?

A PBA bowler who only strikes 3 out of 10 frames make it to the TV show on Sunday?

I don't think so.

The only other person in the world who keeps his job with a lower success rate is a weatherman!!! Stan Sweet certainly has job security...

A fighter misses 20 punches and connects one right on the money and wins it all.....and he becomes the champion. I believe Ultimate Fighting is the most complete sport and yet it's so simple but so dynamic. One on one, man to man, every fighter is equal when the bell rings, but when it's over, only one comes out the winner.

Well lets see, Ive played highschool football, baseball and wrestled. I played rugby for the navy, was there no. 2 man otherwise known as the "hooker." I have played hockey on both roller blades and on ice. Surfed, ran track, 16 years lifting weights, and then I got involved in endurance sports. Ultramarathon, Triathlon (to include Ironman) And I have to say, The toughest sport in terms continual output of raw power, and pure physical ability would have to be The long distance endurance sports hands down. Its not only the level of fitness required, but also the mental toughness. The ability to maintain focus for 10s of hours at a time and to keep pushing when your body says, "dude, lay down." Toughest in terms of injury risk would be rugby. And wrestling requires the highest output of raw power, for only 6 minutes of activity. Guess it all depends on how you define tough

Yeah, for one and a half years. played a weak side winger for a bit, but I enjoyed mucking it up in the ruck. Had my share of rakes and broken noses, but it was always worth the third half! Who did you play with?

baseball is toughest, no matter what yall say. you can ask any sports professional and they would say baseball. you can play football even if you have no athletic ability at all. soccer is tough but there are more people out there that can kick a ball than to hit a 90 mph ball with a stick. rugby is physically tough but you don't see any true athletes out there playing. running is tough mentally and physically but so is baseball. you get very frustrated with yourself in baseball.