J.J. Redick

Hacker

I am not above saying that I was wrong about him. Until this year, I thought he was a bit of a crybaby, and overhyped.

I have paid closer attention to his game and how it has evolved. He is no longer just a shooter. He takes the ball to the hole and is playing good D. This is a great all around guy who just goes out there and plays hard.

I am just amazed by how well he shoots. Kobe Bryant could take lessons on accuracy.

Three of the greatest NCAA 3-point shooters hail from Virginia...

Doug Day (from Blacksburg, played at Radford, current head basketball coach at Blacksburg HS), Curtis Staples (from Roanoke), and JJ Redick (from Roanoke).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

JJ will be the 1st pick in the NBA draft when it comes around!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Put money on that? I can name one player that will go before him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can name 5...

J.J. is listed around #7 or 8 on nbadraft.net....but I expect him to drop towards the end of the lottery.

The one player that will most likely go before him shouldn't go before him.

I'm just not sold on Adam Morrison yet. UVA has played both teams, so I've seen both players in action. Morrison controlled the tempo, but Redick flat-out controlled the game. I have seldom seen a player be that incredibly consistent: he hits shots with people in his face, he is now startin' to drive to the lane (which I think is where he still needs to improve some more), and he continually works to make his game better. Take that as you wish.

I'd like to hear the other 5 that are supposed to go before him, 'cause that would be interestin' to see...

I am a big Duke/JJ fan, but i dont believe he will be the number 1 pick. With that said I would not be surprised though if he was. I expect JJ to go anywhere in the top 10. I personally hope to see him in celtic green next year lol

Well, as a Bobcat fan they need JJ pretty bad. They are in desperate need of a SG. There is a pretty good chance that they will end up with the top pick. Bobcats will be looking very hard at JJ (great shooter is what they need PLUS they will be getting another in state boy to boost attendance). If they get the 1st pick, there is a good chance JJ will be selected. He has the chance to be a Reggie Miller type player in the NBA.

You want 5 players that have a 90% chance of going ahead of him...here ya go:

Rudy Gay

Adam Morrison

Lemarcus Aldridge

Rodney Carney

Andrea Bargnani

Tyrus Thomas

Theres 6 with an extremely high chance of going ahead of Redick.

Whoever said they weren't sold on Morrison is one of the few...he is Larry Birds clone and he'll be a star in the NBA.

If the Bobcats have the pick, the only chances are Aldridge, Gay, Morrison, JJ, and Brewer (depending on his draft camp performances)...The fans and staff are pretty high on all these guys.

Also Derrick, word is that Tubby may be in as the new Bobcat coach at season's end.

[ QUOTE ]

If the Bobcats have the pick, the only chances are Aldridge, Gay, Morrison, JJ, and Brewer (depending on his draft camp performances)...The fans and staff are pretty high on all these guys.

Also Derrick, word is that Tubby may be in as the new Bobcat coach at season's end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it...I've got word from my buddy(student trainer on the team) that Tubby is very serious about getting out. Only reason I believe it is because he is very close friends with Coach Hobbs and what he says usually has some truth to it..

I've never been a Tubby fan...so I'd be more than happy to see him leave...his system and recruiting has never been on par with what UK fans want to see...

He brings in players that are UVA/UGA caliber.....when he can get much better players just by using the name across the jersey. The one good class he brings in(the sophmore #1 nationally ranked class) has more headcases than the aslyum in marion.

I'm just sayin' that Virginia is one of only two schools in America that has played against both Gonzaga and Duke. Morrison beat a Virginia team that was in dire straits in Washington by 11. Duke single-handedly lit up a streakin' Virginia team in Durham by scorin' 41 of Duke's 81 points.

Again, havin' watched both games closely, Redick far-more impressed me. He's a fantastic pure shooter; in that game against us, he didn't even have to have a good look; when he hits shots from 22 feet with a defender right in his face, what can ya do? He hit his first nine shots that way.

I think Morrison is overrated, yes. I think part of it is the Bird-esque peach fuzz under his nose. I think part of it is that Gonzaga is in the almighty West Coast Conference, where they are a bass in a minnow pond. I think part of it is that he gets his 30 point games against the likes of Santa Clara and Pepperdine, while Redick gets his against North Carolina (27 in that one, I think), Virginia (41, don't remind me), and Maryland (27). Even on a down year for the ACC (five tourney teams maximum), it's far superior to that cupcake conference (2nd place Loyola Marymount is a massive 11-14 overall, and Gonzaga beat 'em by 9).

Thus, I find Redick has proven himself, while I believe that Adam Morrison is suspect. Take it as you wish.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm just sayin' that Virginia is one of only two schools in America that has played against both Gonzaga and Duke. Morrison beat a Virginia team that was in dire straits in Washington by 11. Duke single-handedly lit up a streakin' Virginia team in Durham by scorin' 41 of Duke's 81 points.

Again, havin' watched both games closely, Redick far-more impressed me. He's a fantastic pure shooter; in that game against us, he didn't even have to have a good look; when he hits shots from 22 feet with a defender right in his face, what can ya do? He hit his first nine shots that way.

I think Morrison is overrated, yes. I think part of it is the Bird-esque peach fuzz under his nose. I think part of it is that Gonzaga is in the almighty West Coast Conference, where they are a bass in a minnow pond. I think part of it is that he gets his 30 point games against the likes of Santa Clara and Pepperdine, while Redick gets his against North Carolina (27 in that one, I think), Virginia (41, don't remind me), and Maryland (27). Even on a down year for the ACC (five tourney teams maximum), it's far superior to that cupcake conference (2nd place Loyola Marymount is a massive 11-14 overall, and Gonzaga beat 'em by 9).

Thus, I find Redick has proven himself, while I believe that Adam Morrison is suspect. Take it as you wish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn't see him put 43 on Michigan State earlier this year?

Or score 37 points single handed in the 2nd half last week...

Morrison is far from over-rated...hes one of the best if not the best player in the country and he is going to have an unbelievable NBA career.

Stay up and watch the big monday midnight game...and you'll see what a baller he is.

I am neither a Duke or Zaga fan, but between the two, Morrison hands down. Redick is a really good shooter, but #2 behind Adam. I was up watching the Maui Invite game, and I watchjed the game here he 3 ball bank shot.... I alos like how he moshes and gets fired. I see Adam being the better Pro, Redick will be late to first round.

[ QUOTE ]

I am neither a Duke or Zaga fan, but between the two, Morrison hands down. Redick is a really good shooter, but #2 behind Adam. I was up watching the Maui Invite game, and I watchjed the game here he 3 ball bank shot.... I alos like how he moshes and gets fired. I see Adam being the better Pro, Redick will be late to first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redick will go in the lottery...but it will be behind Morrison (if Morrison leaves...Few insists that he may pull a Matt Leinart).

The improvement of Redick since high school has been unbelievable....but Morrisons height is going to make him a better NBAer.

I like Redick as much as the next guy..and I love watching him play...thats tough for me to say..being a UK fan..

but we need to take off the east coast blinders for a minute...and realize that Adam Morrison is more than a heck of a player...

Morrison scored 43 on Michigan State

Scored 43 on Washington

Scored 18 at UConn...a game they lost by 2

Scored 34 on Memphis

Scored 34 against Stanford and absolutely dominated that game at the end..

You can't even bring the competition argument into this...Morrison has put up some of his best numbers against the ranked teams they played...

The 34 he scored on Memphis was against one of the best defenders in the country, Rodney Carney.

Redick has put his numbers up against quilty teams as well. As we all know the ACC is a whole lot tougher than the WCC.

Examples:

Against Texas 41 points

Georgetown: 41 points

Virginia: 40 points on 13 shots

North Carolina 35 points

Maryland: 35 points

against a tougher schedule Redicks numbers are nearly the same as Morrison's, who plays against extremely weak teams. In a big game or any game I would want JJ to take the shot not Adam. Look at shot attempts and you will see it takes JJ a few less shots to get his points than does Adam. Put Adam in the ACC he would be far less productive than JJ.

I think thats a good point, and you can argue that Morrison has put up good numbers against top teams, but J.J. plays against good teams everytime they play a conference game and consistently puts up great numbers. Other than the 4 decent teams that Gonzaga has played they play an extremely easy schedule. No team in the WCC has a chance to beat Gonzaga, and its fairly easy for Morrison to run up his point total. I'm not taking away anything from Adam, he's a really good complete player, who can do about anything you could want him to do (and he has a really great mustache) on the basketball court, but he's not playing against the competition that JJ Redick does.

[ QUOTE ]

I think thats a good point, and you can argue that Morrison has put up good numbers against top teams, but J.J. plays against good teams everytime they play a conference game and consistently puts up great numbers. Other than the 4 decent teams that Gonzaga has played they play an extremely easy schedule. No team in the WCC has a chance to beat Gonzaga, and its fairly easy for Morrison to run up his point total. I'm not taking away anything from Adam, he's a really good complete player, who can do about anything you could want him to do (and he has a really great mustache) on the basketball court, but he's not playing against the competition that JJ Redick does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...in Adams defense, he was not recruited at all...he wasn't even one of the top 200 seniors in his class...

Very rarely does a player who isn't highly regarded turn into a prospect like Adam...

Dwayne Wade is one of the few I can think of..

[ QUOTE ]

Redick has put his numbers up against quilty teams as well. As we all know the ACC is a whole lot tougher than the WCC.

Examples:

Against Texas 41 points

North Carolina 35 points

against a tougher schedule Redicks numbers are nearly the same as Morrison's, who plays against extremely weak teams. In a big game or any game I would want JJ to take the shot not Adam. Look at shot attempts and you will see it takes JJ a few less shots to get his points than does Adam. Put Adam in the ACC he would be far less productive than JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redick scored 41 against a Texas team that was in shambles! He scored 41 against a good Georgetown squad in a LOSING effort. 40 on UVa. It's UVA for god's sake! 35 against UNC. Ok, he's a good ball player, but overhyped. 35 against Maryland. Maryland isn't quite the toughest opponent they'll see all year. While I agree Redick is putting up great numbers, you can't say that his competition is better than Adam Morrison's. Oh, and by the way, the Devils won't win the title this year. Redick can't carry this team all year, through the ACC Tourney and to a National Championship. He will stumble somewhere along the way.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Examples:

Against Texas 41 points

North Carolina 35 points

[/ QUOTE ]

Redick scored 41 against a Texas team that was in shambles! He scored 41 against a good Georgetown squad in a LOSING effort. 40 on UVa. It's UVA for god's sake! 35 against UNC. Ok, he's a good ball player, but overhyped. 35 against Maryland. Maryland isn't quite the toughest opponent they'll see all year. While I agree Redick is putting up great numbers, you can't say that his competition is better than Adam Morrison's. Oh, and by the way, the Devils won't win the title this year. Redick can't carry this team all year, through the ACC Tourney and to a National Championship. He will stumble somewhere along the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every one of those teams will probably b in the tourney. UVA beat BC last night. You cant say they arent legit.