Who will be the best back this year in the SWD?

Backs

Im Sorry to say it but i think Graham is going to take this one. The have two of the fastest Running Backs in the SWD, and even though people think that they my be too small and not fill the shoes of of Robert Henry, Brown and Carper can carry the load, they can run forever and if they get open field its over. They dont really need a big power back the can hadle things and they can also go spread. If there is any DB out there that you think can keep up with these two being 7 yds off or head up Please let me know.

In my opinion Caleb Jennings from Richlands will be the best. Carper and Brown are great backs with great speed. But Jennings Missed 4 games last year and wasnt 100% all year and put up great numbers. Mcdaniel will be good but Jennings will be the best.

IMO i guess it will be be either jennings or mcdaniel!! saying that because i dont know what richlands lost up front but the dawgs didnt lose but maybe one player off the front line!!!

it was the hand he carried the ball in...he couldnt ever get the right grip...he didnt have the same step he used to...he had to slow down a half step or so...just to where he didnt lose it...he will be a quality back this year along with Brown and Barreras....

yeah..... beano when i did break my hand i couldnt squeeze a pillow until i went to theropy. it threw almost everything off. because i couldnt go full speed to get the ball or else i would drop it everytime. it still hurts when i get hit on it but i gotta live with it....but im not gonna say that i am going to be the best.... i guess i'll see when the season comes.

Caleb Jennings is gonna be the best back hands down, he's to fast and has unreal side to side quickness. When he gets all that open field from the spread he lights it up

i hope Mcdaniel can produce

we cant really tell right now though...i mean someone could get hurt and their replacement be one of the best backs in the state...you cant really tell until the season starts...

Steve and Tj will be the best

Steve-has the ability to break away and noone run him down and i mean noone in the district can do that,even at 145 or 155 he still will try in run you over, he has tons of heart and hates to lose he will sacifice his body just for that one extra yard

TJ-he has speed,he has power and almost rather run you over than juke you, has good vision, agility and balance is real good, and he will be running the ball at 185 this year

In my opinion, as long as he stays healthy, Caleb Jennings will be the best. I do feel that McDaniel (Tazewell), Brown and Carper (Graham) will be very impressive. Jennings may not be the fastest in a sprint, but what makes him special is his quickness, power, and balance. He cuts on a dime, and although he may not move a pile, when someone makes contact, he either bounces off or runs through arm tackles.

A lot can happen in a year's time, but after seeing them all in action, it would be hard for anyone to argue against him. Either way, best of luck to all of them and their respective teams.

crack is bad......not going to say anything bad about mcdaniel cause he is a very good back and will finish 2nd in the district in rushing.....jennings rushed for over 170 yards last year against tazewell with an injured ankle....wonder how many he would have had if he hadn't been just an "ok" back.......

Well I have watched Caleb grow up and become a very good athlete. Jennings will make defenses miss and often, he works harder then most to get the job done. I wont compare him to anyone in the distict because I havent seen anyone yet come close.

Kevin vandyke from Grundy has potential, the kid can fly, but he's small and unless they get some linemen that can block it's not worth talking about at this point. frown.gif

Hope the line is in the gym hitting the weights...all the other teams are.

the lineman are hitting the weights. vandyke is the one that needs to be hitting the weights. he still spells team with an "I". i hear there are some seniors who are going to be in for a big surprise.