Mario Poletti

beaverbaseball

Its so hard for me to even be on the computer right now..i've been crying my eyes out for the past hour since i found out...but my grandpa and a coaching hero for Big Creek high school passed away today from a heart attack...please pray for him and our family right now...he was the one who taught me everything i know and i don't know how im gonna make it with out him...I LOVE YOU GRANDPA

thank you all for your condolences..it really does mean alot to me and my family...I guess it really hasen't hit me yet though..Im still in shock because he was in such good health...we never saw it coming...I talked to him the night before and he sounded really good...He wasen't only my grandpa..he was my Best friend...After every game he would be the first person i called to tell about..im going to miss him

Its been a tough day, making all the arragements and i just drove up to bluefield to get my suit and some clothes...Im going back to War tonight...If anyone would like to come to the wake it is at Fanning funneral home Monday from 5 to 9..thank you and God bless

Very sorry to hear of your family's loss along with the Big Creek family and War community. I played for Coach Poletti in 1985 & 86. Those were some good teams and Coach was hard nosed. He wanted the best from you and expected nothing less. Coach always wanted the best from his players, coaches, and himself. I will NEVER forget seeing Coach at his happiest; when you were working your butt off. The sligh grin that would come across his face along with "good job" sort of grunt. Just when you thought you could give no more Coach would bring more out of you, the sign of a great leader. Every player wanted to please Coach Poletti and make him proud. The tradition at BC will never be lost whether the school closes or another game is ever played. Coach Poletti's tradition and legend only add to the long history of the Big Creek program. It was an honor and privelage to wear the green & white and know every Friday night during the season you had the complete support of the entire school and community. Days go by but those memories will last a lifetime. RIP Coach Poletti.

thank you all..i guess its just now really setting in that he is gone..he was my bestfriend..i would call him after every game to tell him what happened..im going to miss him

He was a great coach, a great friend, a great husband, a great dad, a great teacher, a great grandpa and so much more...I remember he would tell all his player to "stay strong" or "be tough"..and thats what i've been trying to do is stay strong..He has been taking care of my grandma for 12 years and he said the one thing he couldn't live with was seeing her die...i guess he got his wish..

R.I.P grandpa...I'll see you again one day