Top 5 Linemen In SWVA Ever

lee

[ QUOTE ]

Owens started slow at Tech but finished with a strong senior season. I never saw him in high school but he was a good college lineman.

Matt McGlothlin has had a good career at Tenneesee.

Mike Compton was a college all-american, has a pair of Super Bowl rings, and spent 12 years in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

also Eric "Coach Workman" Workman he started at Wake Forest

[ QUOTE ]

patrick buchanan, b.i. salyers, jamie harless - emory boys, but all americans just the same. also, steve knight played for the colts

[/ QUOTE ]

BI also almost made it into the NFL. They thought he was a little small heighth wise though.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

comptons's career in the nfl speaks volumes....he is definitely #1..........

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.gotta be #1 superbowl ring says what hes accomplished,a true champion.

potter was not that tough in football a lot better in ba sketball 1. rodney hagerman hurley 2. jamie lane grundy 3. rex carter rye cove these guys may have not had all the glory compton has had but pound for pound they were tough . I know I played against all of them

I'd have to go with Compton...he went on to do things no one else from here could do. You don't stay in the NFL for 12 years unless you have it...and he had it. Richlands should be treating him a lot better than they have.

i dont believe potter was all state in football and as far as one of the best football players to come out of the county don't make me laugh. i will say he may be one of the best basketball players to come out of the county. i like to add matt johnson from honaker to he list.