? for both va and wv posters on here

knightsfan3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry but i dont think Ahmad is the bes ever to come out of this area...yes he is good..but he isnt the best ever to come out of here....Julius Jones is already in the NFL....and he is doing very well in the NFL....i dont think you can put him about Julius...there are many more that have done better than Ahmad....

I guess if you played at graham and make it to Marshall that is the best ever. Jones who?? NFL?? ..No Bradshaw plays for Marshall University he the best ever NOT. Im not sure he would make the top five in my book..6 maybe

"8 kevin mathews"

you are kidding me...right??? he wasnt half the athlete his brother was...he was built up on his brothers image and let us all down when he couldnt perform as well as HT....

What have you been smoking? Bradshaw before the jones boys. He is good but not on that level yet. Garon marcum and adam davis are not even the best to come out of their schools. Ed Clark from Appalachia was the best football player ever to come out of this area. He is the Jones boys uncle.

[ QUOTE ]

1 ahmad bradshaw

2 thomas jones

3 julius jones

4 charlie tynes

5 jake houseright

6 mike compton

7 garon marcum

8 kevin mathews

9 brannon breeding

10 adam davis

[/ QUOTE ]

Bradshaw ahead of two NFL HB's? Are you kidding me??

Skewed toward SW Virginia (only because I know less about WV) but I'd offer the following all-time list:

1. Bill Dudley - Graham

2. Mike Compton - Richlands

3. Ed Clark - Appalachia

4. Johnny McFall - Clintwood

5. Cortez Martin - Bluefield

6. Carroll Dale - J.J. Kelly

7. Danny Abercrombie - Big Creek

8. Thomas & Julius Jones (can't pick one) - Powell Valley

9. Tommy Francisco - Damascus

10. Jake Houseright - Gate City

[ QUOTE ]

1 ahmad bradshaw

2 thomas jones

3 julius jones

4 charlie tynes

5 jake houseright

6 mike compton

7 garon marcum

8 kevin mathews

9 brannon breeding

10 adam davis

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell is Curt Warner in this discussion? And is Brannon Breeding still alive?

[ QUOTE ]

Skewed toward SW Virginia (only because I know less about WV) but I'd offer the following all-time list:

1. Bill Dudley - Graham

2. Mike Compton - Richlands

3. Ed Clark - Appalachia

4. Johnny McFall - Clintwood

5. Cortez Martin - Bluefield

6. Carroll Dale - J.J. Kelly

7. Danny Abercrombie - Big Creek

8. Thomas & Julius Jones (can't pick one) - Powell Valley

9. Tommy Francisco - Damascus

10. Jake Houseright - Gate City

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see someone add in Danny Abercroobie...Prolly the best football player to go through big creek high school..Me and my dad talked about him alot this weekend since he and my dad were in the same class and played football together

You're right Warner does belong in this list,but when I started it I meant for the va posters to make a top 10 from schools in va and for the wv posters to make a top for wv. I know some of the posters here have quite a bit of knowledge about both states also and there's some like myself that only know about 1 state and from what I know is based on like the last 10-15 yrs which is why I haven't made a list myself.

[ QUOTE ]

1 ahmad bradshaw

2 thomas jones

3 julius jones

4 charlie tynes

5 jake houseright

6 mike compton

7 garon marcum

8 kevin mathews

9 brannon breeding

10 adam davis

[/ QUOTE ]

kevin was the wrong mathews.i ment H.T.sorry about that.these are just my opinion and who else around here had 2000 yards rushing back to back and accounted for 98 tds?

there has been plenty to reach the 2000 yard mark:

Thomas Jones

Julius Jones

Travis Clark

David Scammell

Leanard Graves

Greg Tester

Yubrenal Isabelle

Boo Sensabaugh

[ QUOTE ]

there has been plenty to reach the 2000 yard mark:

Thomas Jones

Julius Jones

Travis Clark

David Scammell

Leanard Graves

Greg Tester

Yubrenal Isabelle

Boo Sensabaugh

[/ QUOTE ]

2 years in a row?piease post them i would like to see thank you.

yea, you're right.. a great tandum... obviously though, as ahmad is starting ahead of paco, he is better.

i saw ahmad while at marshall's recruiting camp. . . he is huge. he said that the NFL is talking to him, but quietly, as it is against the rules, somehow to talk to him already. Also.. has anybody noticed that Marshall is playing WVU, K State, and UT for three of their first four games. one word comes to mind for ahmad behind his 'less-than-par' line.... ouch.

We'll see what happens though.

Danny was a great back and kick returner, without question in his day one of the best and I agree the best to come out of Big Creek. Warner was a downhill train looking to do damage. Maybe the hardest runner I have ever seen, just a complete punisher w/ speed.

[ QUOTE ]

Where the hell is Curt Warner in this discussion? And is Brannon Breeding still alive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Warner and Pete Wood are significant omissions from my list. Then again, I was thinking more about SW Virginia than WV.