? for both va and wv posters on here

knightsfan3

Thomas Jones had 3000 yards rushing his junior year and 2500 his senior year. Ed Clark also had bac to back 2000 yard seasons and most of that was in the first half. Melvin Cunningham from Matewan had back to back 2000 yards and so did curt warner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Thomas Jones had 3000 yards rushing his junior year and 2500 his senior year. Ed Clark also had bac to back 2000 yard seasons and most of that was in the first half. Melvin Cunningham from Matewan had back to back 2000 yards and so did curt warner

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the info wasnt aware of those numbers,they are amazing,but bradshaw is still in college so i will still give him #1 on my list.

Yeah, he was a QB in HS. Led Honaker to its first ever state title appearance and two straight regional titles, received Group A POY honors (twice in a row I think) and he's probably the best tight end the ACC has ever had and was one of the best nation wide.

[ QUOTE ]

why not give Heath Miller # 1 on your list ghs84?? hes still in the NFL....or is it just that he didnt come from Graham??

[/ QUOTE ]

i never seen heath miller play hs football did you?but im sure he was awesome.its not like all graham players are on my list.and i watched bradshaw play from pee wee on up,but like i said bradshaw hasnt made it to the pros yet and maybe he never will who knows what could happen between now and then.and beano coming from graham has nothing to do with it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and he's probably the best tight end the ACC has ever had and was one of the best nation wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite the fact that George Welsh recruited him as a QB. Way to overcome the odds, Heath!

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest i think he has been excellent as a te

[ QUOTE ]

1 ahmad bradshaw

2 thomas jones

3 julius jones

4 charlie tynes

5 jake houseright

6 mike compton

7 garon marcum

8 kevin mathews

9 brannon breeding

10 adam davis

[/ QUOTE ] KEVIN MATHEWS ARE U SERIOUS? And a college student over 2 nfl stars not super stars but stars. what u smokin on and do u do it with george bush? and if u gonna have adam davis which was nice then you gotta have amaker

sorry i even wasted my time with that last post i just saw where ppl voiced the same concerns as me but on the real if we gonna do 10 from the areai would at least say they would have to go pro or either have a decent college carrer

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

1 ahmad bradshaw

2 thomas jones

3 julius jones

4 charlie tynes

5 jake houseright

6 mike compton

7 garon marcum

8 kevin mathews

9 brannon breeding

10 adam davis

[/ QUOTE ] KEVIN MATHEWS ARE U SERIOUS? And a college student over 2 nfl stars not super stars but stars. what u smokin on and do u do it with george bush? and if u gonna have adam davis which was nice then you gotta have amaker

[/ QUOTE ]

go back and LOOK at my 2nd post.good grief doesnt anyone make mistakes but me.

• 1 month later...

i think that there is no way you can compare someone who is already in the pro ranks to when they were in highschool. i think the poster was asking about when they were in highschool i may be wrong but my opinion. but not to many people could stop bradshaw when he was in highschool junior and senior year. aske the kids from martinsville about that. so as for high school i do think that he belongs in the top 10 and ranking someone from a different time and era is difficult because over the years things change and overall difficulty level at schools is different. i think you have to look at total yards over all

running receiving return everything to decide who is in the top 10. for the most part i think that all on the list are extremely good backs. but to say that bradshaw is not one of them is a shame or to try to compare him to someone who is several years older and ahead of him is unfair also. wait and see if he makes it to the nfl and then compare. but cannot compare him to the jones boys because they are in the nfl. when in highschool i think they were very good also.

1.Bill Dudley-NFL Hall of Fame

2.Thomas Jones-NFL-Bears

3.Julius Jones-NFL-Cowboys

4.Heath Miller-NFL,Super Bowl Ring-Steelers

5.Curt Warner-NFL-Seahawks

6.Donnie Jackson-Penn State

7.Ahmad Bradshaw-Marshall

8.Mike Compton-NFL, Super Bowl Ring

9.Eddie Hall

10.Justin Hamilton-NFL-Browns as undrafted rookie

honorable mention

Dick Asbury-an all american at Graham jersey also got retired

that may be true but also did you think that maybe he was not just ranking them in any order just random. though i doubt it and then also it is just this persons opinion as to who he thinks are best just like you do not think he should be 1. it all is someones opinion not set in stone. not from any organization saying that is how it is.