Richlands Bench-a-thon

parsons

Don't get me wrong...I'm one of Richlands biggest fans. Just don't see a point in exaggerating/lying. I never said McCracken couldn't play football, because we all know he can...but theres no way hes throwin' up 375.

i do not agree with those numbers. mccraken is a tall, linky guy, therefor benching will be difficult for him, as opposed to a short person where the bar doesn't have to be lifted as far. if someone is in the gym for 4 to 5 hours every day then like someone said before he will actually lose muscle not gain. you body needs REST and rebuilding time. if justin was only benching 300 last year, a 75 lb gain is very unlikely. if his 1 time max rep was 300, that was his absolute best. when someone reaches that point, they don't make huge increases overnight, their increases monthly only amount to 5 to 10 lbs. most likely more 5 lb increases than 10 lb. now if he was benching 350 last year then i could understand him benching 375. but he was only at 300 according to another post. 75 lbs of squat is more believable than 75 lbs of bench. for example, if i'm pyramiding my bench and my last 1 time rep is 350. then next month i'm not going to be benching 375, i may have increased my 1 time max by 10 lbs. and that's not even a given. once your body reaches a certain point you dont make big strides in the weight room. that's my opinion, who knows he could be benching 400 by season start.

The word of Keene, Stanton, and Gayheart is enough for me. But even if it wasn't, who cares? Why worry about how much he can bench? He's already proven himself on the field and that's the only place where numbers matter... and the only only ones that matter there are the number of wins and the number of losses. The rest are just trivia.

[ QUOTE ]

i do not agree with those numbers. mccraken is a tall, linky guy, therefor benching will be difficult for him, as opposed to a short person where the bar doesn't have to be lifted as far. if someone is in the gym for 4 to 5 hours every day then like someone said before he will actually lose muscle not gain. you body needs REST and rebuilding time. if justin was only benching 300 last year, a 75 lb gain is very unlikely. if his 1 time max rep was 300, that was his absolute best. when someone reaches that point, they don't make huge increases overnight, their increases monthly only amount to 5 to 10 lbs. most likely more 5 lb increases than 10 lb. now if he was benching 350 last year then i could understand him benching 375. but he was only at 300 according to another post. 75 lbs of squat is more believable than 75 lbs of bench. for example, if i'm pyramiding my bench and my last 1 time rep is 350. then next month i'm not going to be benching 375, i may have increased my 1 time max by 10 lbs. and that's not even a given. once your body reaches a certain point you dont make big strides in the weight room. that's my opinion, who knows he could be benching 400 by season start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I benched 205 going into 11th and 300 going into 12th? Suppose thats unlikely too eh?

[ QUOTE ]

Right on bro!!! Couldn't been said better. Watcha can run the 40 in and bench press along with 50 cents can get ya a pop! Them boys just win baby......Al Davis

[/ QUOTE ]I see we failed grammer didn't we?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Right on bro!!! Couldn't been said better. Watcha can run the 40 in and bench press along with 50 cents can get ya a pop! Them boys just win baby......Al Davis

[/ QUOTE ]I see we failed grammer didn't we?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you didn't do so hot in spelling either.

[ QUOTE ]

The word of Keene, Stanton, and Gayheart is enough for me. But even if it wasn't, who cares? Why worry about how much he can bench? He's already proven himself on the field and that's the only place where numbers matter... and the only only ones that matter there are the number of wins and the number of losses. The rest are just trivia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree bigd if you have the talent that hes got you dont need he-man strenght to win games.he has proven that.

i saw a copy of the Tazewell County Free Press and it had the info on the Bench-a-thon and it said McCracken was at 375 or somewhere around there and Jennings got up 320...they also said Chase Fuller hit 400...and its not really that weird..Jackson Martin at Graham does 415 i believe....

No matter what Graham still has strongest player in this area with Jackson Martin 415 bench and 650 squat and that i would swear on my life and hope God would strike me dead if i was lying to yall

and Bobby West is almost at 400 too with a 385 bench

George Damon 360 bench

yea, its definatly not unbelivable

For CC we got a guy Cody Vaughn benching around 350 and squating around 600

I'm not exactly positive on the exact numbers but i know they are around those marks...hes number 55 probably our biggest player...check him out on the field.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see any of them benching that much. Just hard to belive that many H.S. kids are benching >300. Does the spotter hold the bar while they are lifting? Or is this a legit meeting

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he would have freaked out seeing BIG HOUSE warm up with 325 and 1st lift of 360 2nd lift 395 and won on two lifts coaches wouldn't let him continue because he had already won.

i believe every single one of those numbers now..i saw it for myself in the Free Press...those numbers really arent uncommon...if you lift alot like im sure most of them do then thats nothing really..