ABINGDON Vs. VA HIGH

EH31

Best Cleat?  

1. 1. Best Cleat?

Virginia High - 35

Abingdon - 14

There's no reason to think this year will be any different than the last couple years. Randy White, Zak Messer, Allan Eccleston, and Chris Carter will lead VHS to the win.

Good Luck Bearcats!

are there any possitives to you rebel3? i didnt ask you to disrespect any team, specially ours, calling us terrible. I mean come on have some respect, its a group of highschool students, we have alot of potential, im sorry your to blind to see past yourself.

[ QUOTE ]

are there any possitives to you rebel3? i didnt ask you to disrespect any team, specially ours, calling us terrible. I mean come on have some respect, its a group of highschool students, we have alot of potentional, im sorry your to blind to see past yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes that was a little harsh. There were alot of mistakes for both teams. The score could have been much worse if Abingdon had not had a few turnovers and were stopped inside the 10 once or twice. PH could be much better if they had some better recievers and better coaching, but I think PH only has 4 seniors this year, and the QB, who I was somewhat impressed with, is a sophmore. The PH offensive line was a little weak. PH had the one good scoring drive the final two minutes of the first half. I remember a couple of passes that could have been TD's if the reciever could have hung on to the ball. I don't know how many seniors Abingdon has this year, but PH is a young team and shows some potential over the next few years. I guess the important thing is, the players for both teams were out there trying their best. Congratulations to Abingdon on your win!

Does it even matter??? The winner wins the Highlands and thats like beat a bunch of 6th graders. Should be a blow out for VHS but if they don't stop the pass any better than they did against Battle then it could be a blow out by AHS. Good luck to both teams and hope everyone is safe.

Until Virginia High drops to Single-A, the Highlands is theirs to lose. They always seem to have superior speed to the rest of the district. I have always felt that Abingdon has (or should have) the talent to be a regional powerhouse, but they never seem to beat any mediocre Double-A team. I think it is great that they are able to evolve into a passing team, BUT you still MUST be able to run the ball. For some reason, Abingdon has never been a physical team, and they usually fold when a team brings it to them. Until they can learn to be more physical, the outlook is dim for the Falcons when it comes to football.

Hey Rebel, if a frog had wings it could fly! PH had how many total yards the other night??? Yeah, thats what i thought.

Abingdon will win this one 28 -17. Maybe you people forgot, VHS barely beat Battle the other night, one of the worst teams in VA. Come on guys, this happens every year, everyone thinks VHS's poop doesn't stink. Get over it. You have bad years and good years. I personally think this will be a bad one for them. I am not trying to disrespect them, just calling it how I see it.

And Duran Carson against PH the other night ran it down their throats, just like the game before that. Keep it up!

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you people forgot, VHS barely beat Battle the other night, one of the worst teams in VA. Come on guys, this happens every year, everyone thinks VHS's poop doesn't stink. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I haven't checked this board in forever but I was reading your post and saw you say this. It made me wonder how close the game between Battle and VHS was, so I went and checked. Amazingly enough, the score was 41-12. Yeah... you're right... that's a close victory. Also, what are you talking about "this happens every year"? Has Virginia High not beat Abingdon the last two years? You just can't make a statement like that until Abingdon makes a statement on the field.

I have no idea who is going to win as I haven't seen either team play this year, but those statements were a little farfetched.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you people forgot, VHS barely beat Battle the other night, one of the worst teams in VA. Come on guys, this happens every year, everyone thinks VHS's poop doesn't stink. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I haven't checked this board in forever but I was reading your post and saw you say this. It made me wonder how close the game between Battle and VHS was, so I went and checked. Amazingly enough, the score was 41-12. Yeah... you're right... that's a close victory. Also, what are you talking about "this happens every year"? Has Virginia High not beat Abingdon the last two years? You just can't make a statement like that until Abingdon makes a statement on the field.

I have no idea who is going to win as I haven't seen either team play this year, but those statements were a little farfetched.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he meant was they were losing 12-0 at halftime. But they came back the second half and did very good. Can't wait, only 11 and a half more hours. Hope this is an injury free game too.

And what excatly was the score when you beat Battle? If I remember correctly it wasn't that big either. I will agree with that some people at VHS think their stuff don't stink but too bad it really does. Even if VHS wins the district they have NO shot at winning a playoff game. Have no line on either side of the ball. Messer is a decent QB at times, Allen Eccleston is a real good back (considering he has to get every yard himself), Chris Carter is a good DB (if he'd hit people he could be great). Rest of team is average at best. Good luck to both teams.

7:23 to go:

Virginia High 23

Abingdon 20.

Falcons got the ball after that last touchdown and immediately their quarterback chucked up a prayer and the Bearcats picked it off. That's something Abingdon's QB did a ton of times last year. The Bearcats drove back down and hit a 29 yard field goal to take the lead.