Rushing

Backs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

hard to have legit stats & comparisons when jennings from richlands is the only rb in ths district that has not played 2 full games!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to have an objective discussion when Jennings' team has played two division 2 teams.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hard to have legit stats & comparisons when jennings from richlands is the only rb in ths district that has not played 2 full games!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to have an objective discussion when Jennings' team has played two division 2 teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the only team coming close to Richlands on rushing stats is Tazewell, which has also played two D2 teams.

i would have a hard time believing rasnick is leading in all purpose yards with caleb jennings averaging at least 40 (probably more) yards per kick/punt return (with one 87 yarder) plus having 235 yards rushing and additional yards receiving......he has scored 6 td's this year (4 rushing, 1 pr, 1 receiving).....as for who would start on a county team he is the only back in the district that has rushed for over 150 yards in at least 1 game against every county opponent

last year mcdaniel had 30 yards against r'lands while jennings had 177 against tazewell.......guess we will find out more when the county teams play each other......but 9.4 yards a carry says alot......

nothing on this thread says rasnick is leading. it does refer to t.j. carper - ghs! the swd has some leading rushers in jennings, mcdaniel, rasnick, carper and brown... why put any of them down? depending on the game each week.. i believe each of these will exceed the 150 mark. especially jennings again this week against grundy - he may even go over 300 down there! nothing against grundy - i wish you guys luck!

[ QUOTE ]

i would have a hard time believing rasnick is leading in all purpose yards with caleb jennings averaging at least 40 (probably more) yards per kick/punt return (with one 87 yarder) plus having 235 yards rushing and additional yards receiving......he has scored 6 td's this year (4 rushing, 1 pr, 1 receiving).....as for who would start on a county team he is the only back in the district that has rushed for over 150 yards in at least 1 game against every county opponent

last year mcdaniel had 30 yards against r'lands while jennings had 177 against tazewell.......guess we will find out more when the county teams play each other......but 9.4 yards a carry says alot......

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG dude why do u wanna compare everyone to Richlands, you seen what happened last year in Lynchburg when u guys thought ur were the $h** and got ur ass handed to ya. We know Jennings is good but damn dude he's not the only back in the SWD!!!

[ QUOTE ]

you talk about all purpose yards... rasnack would win that one hands down.. as far as best backs if we made one county team mcdaniels would be the starter at running back with mccraken at qb

[/ QUOTE ]

i was responding to this statement by jets...

add rasnacks rushing recieving and return yards, you may be surprised then through in the long field goals he is kicking and the fact that he is the only one not a senior, he is a soph

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG dude why do u wanna compare everyone to Richlands, you seen what happened last year in Lynchburg when u guys thought ur were the $h** and got ur ass handed to ya. We know Jennings is good but damn dude he's not the only back in the SWD!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

But one thing..Richlands made it to Lynchburg when no other team from SWD or this side of the state did.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just responding to jets's statement. while jennings is not the only good back in the swd, in my opinion, he is the best....

[ QUOTE ]

you talk about all purpose yards... rasnack would win that one hands down.. as far as best backs if we made one county team mcdaniels would be the starter at running back with mccraken at qb

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea about all purpose yards rasnack might be winning although I dont think it would be hands down Caleb has picked up big yardage in every aspect of the game. As far as Mcdaniel starting on an all county team you would first have to know who the coach is. If you are talking about Graham's or Tazewell's staff as the coach then yes I think Mcdaniel would be the starter hes a bigger runner that can eat up alot of clock. If it is Richland's staff with a more wide open offense then I think Caleb would be the starter like a Reggie Bush type role he can hurt you in so many areas of the game plus he is good when you spread things out. I didnt mean this to disrespect Tazewell or Graham either one obviously your offense is working for you as Richlands offense is working for them just stating that they are two different backs.

mcdaniels has 264 yards on 42 carries according to the bluefield paper........jennings has 235 yards on 25 carries.....i think brown has around 209 yards on 24 carries but i'm not sure.......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

State last year had nothing to do with this thread much less this YEAR. Yeah i was on last years team and yea i do get mad when " we sucked it up at Lynchburg LAST YEAR" as ppl like to say, but i dont get mad cause we lost and have to hear about it all the time i just get mad cause everyone likes to bring it up about THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR has nothing to do with LAST YEAR. LAST YEAR is overwith, THIS YEAR is present, grow up!! I aint tryin to start any **** just wanna s[eak my mind. GOOD LUCK ALL SWD TEAMS!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no need to get angry ......i just say what i believe.....if i am wrong it will be proven on the field......but i do not think t'well is championship material this year...and by that i mean southwest district champions..

With all the talk about Graham's Running backs beening a duo in the backfield.. everybody needs to remember that Jennings has to get the share of plays from a great QB and the fact that in the past two games he is really only played 1 full game cause the JV has finished the second half in both of those games

[ QUOTE ]

With all the talk about Graham's Running backs beening a duo in the backfield.. everybody needs to remember that Jennings has to get the share of plays from a great QB and the fact that in the past two games he is really only played 1 full game cause the JV has finished the second half in both of those games

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats no excuse!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

well if Graham scheduled teams that arent very good we would have the same thing goin for us...i mean look at our schedule..probably by far the hardest in the district...

[/ QUOTE ]

you wont get any arguments about Grahams schedule.everyone knows we have the hardest schedule,i mean look whos on it 3 Div.4 teams no A teams at all 2 of the top teams in WV AA both will probably be in the top 10 all year.I am glad we have it this way it helps us prepare for district play and the playoffs.

You have to wonder if Richlands would have done better in Lynchburg last year if they had been more battle hardened. They were certainly a great team that beat some good teams, but being tested every week goes a long way. This year, 30 percent of their regular season is against Single A schools.