Justin McCracken

mv91

Vic Hall was amazing. Does anybody know if he's bulked up or not? cause that was the only thing stopping him from being unstoppable in college (in my opinion).....if he weighed 220, they couldn't keep him off the field.

[ QUOTE ]

If Heath miller couldnt play QB Justin cant play QB.He might be able to play D-2 or 3, because its a whole knew league on any college football division.

[/ QUOTE ] Miller was not a goot qb most of his wr had to come back to the ball in the state game thet the played in miller did not do good in he couuld not handly the presure that a qb has to take on he is a good player dont get me wrong McCracken is at another level that miller was at qb

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, i totally agree that it is completely different at college level. If he continues to work hard, i think he will go far. He just looks like a man among boys (please no disrespect intended). But I guess we will see come signing day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the boys from Turner Ashby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where was your team on that day in December??????

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where they were. I was in Lynchburg watching the better team win.

Let's remember when he leaves Richlands that he is going to be compared and thrown in with the 4A and 5A guys. Not to say he can't be D-1, but let's be real that is a much different type of football than we play in SW District.

What is the difference between a 4A, 5A, A, AA ,AAA quarterback. I'm confused. Thomas and Julius Jones were only A running backs. Heath Miller was only an A player.

Bottom Line is McCracken is the real deal. He will go as far as he wants to go. As long as he maintains his current work ethic and attitude.

there is a big difference...colleges like it better when you are from a big school and you play the best of the best..if you are from small schools and beat up on other small schools you dont look as good as players from bigger schools just solely on schedule strength...players from A could have better stats because they played teams with nothing and no one...more colleges look at bigger schools for better recruits...just my opinion...hes a good player..and he will go far..but i dunno...he has D-1 caliber..but who knows...only time will tell

it's not so much about what level you play on but it's all about exposure

I mean obviously they are going to look at AAA players more but that's not all it is. It's all about getting your name out there. Well you first have to have the talent but it doesn't matter how good you are if there are no coaches coming to watch. But I think our (Richlands) recent success has helped us in recruiting because in the past two years coaches have called and visited that 5 years ago probably wouldn't have. But Justin has done a lot to get his name out there as far as tapes and camps go and I hope he gets to go where he wants to.

[ QUOTE ]

there is a big difference...colleges like it better when you are from a big school and you play the best of the best..if you are from small schools and beat up on other small schools you dont look as good as players from bigger schools just solely on schedule strength...players from A could have better stats because they played teams with nothing and no one...more colleges look at bigger schools for better recruits...just my opinion...hes a good player..and he will go far..but i dunno...he has D-1 caliber..but who knows...only time will tell

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think colleges care where you play or who you play against. They're more concerned with your attributes than your stats or level of competition.

I was told by a friend who works with McCracken's father that he was getting looks from Alabama and Wake Forest, and that he even went down to a recruiting visit in AL recently. Though the only school that had offered him anything to this point was Liberty U is what I was told.

At the Wake Forest camp, I was headed back to the car to get the folding chairs and other gear. I ran into the head coach, who asked me where I was from. When I told him, he knew exactly who Justin was. He commented that he had a player from Richlands some years ago. We didn't spend a lot of time talking about football per say; but a lot of time talking about the university. He gave me a brief history of the school, how the campus came to be in the current location, the educational traditional, and things like that. There was a second invitation to 'Bama; but I don't know if he went.

I'll agree that colleges don't care where you play your high school ball, even though there are certain schools in certain areas that schools can count on for turning out quality players, like VT does in the Richmond and Tidewater areas.

But, if he's been to camps, coaches are going to look at his physical skills and size along with throwing mechanics and attitude. Can this kid learn our system and is he coachable? They'll also look at whether or not someone is athletic enough to switch positions ala Heath Miller. A good athlete is a good athlete no matter where they've played their high school football.

I agree that he will go on to play college ball. Maybe D2 at best though. I cannot find him ranked on the internet by any major recruiting sites. I feel as though he could walk on and compete for a position at Marshall or a small D1 school but a scholarship from a major college? Everyone in the media would be on that and this type of speculation would never occur.

There are many, many players in the NFL who were never mentioned by the recruiting services... And many others who got 5 stars from the recruiting services but never played a down in college.

Yeah, Remember a few years ago when Tech signed the #1 QB recruit in the state of Tennessee... something Davis was his name. He ended up transferring to ETSU (I think that's where he went) after a couple of years at the bottom of the depth chart. Then you have the walk-ons like John Engleberger who end up starting in the NFL.

I think Justin McCracken will have alot of chances to make it big. I have watched him since he was a child playing ball when he was a Babtist Valley Tiger...then on to the Richlands Raiders...then to the Big Blues. I feel he has the frame and abilities college coaches look for. I am very proud of this fine young man I feel he has the chance to be the next big name from Big Blue.