My thoughts on Graham-Richlands...

GMan

1- Where did they get that officiating crew??? They were terrible both ways. I think that one official just liked throwing his flag about 30-yards in the air. LOTS of bad calls...and as I said, BOTH WAYS.

2- Everybody knows about McCracken and Jennings. Folks had better start paying attention to Austin Fuller...the kid is dangerous!

3- Graham's problem...they can not tackle...period. #11 for Graham needs to show the rest of the team how to wrap up after you make contact with the ball carrier...seems like he's the only one that knows how...

4- To Graham's fans that made their exodus at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th quarters...PATHETIC!!! Why don't you all just save $5 and stay at home next time...the players, the coaches, and the real fans that stay 'til the end DON'T NEED YOU!!!

Congrats to Richlands...you were the better team and earned the victory!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post GMAN! Didn't think you would give props to Richlands. Mucho props to you!

The officiating was pretty bad. I don't think Richlands had one punt reurn tonight that didn't have either a block in the back or a hold. And i did enjoy that ref who threw the flag as far as his muscular arms would allow.

It was a great 1st half but Richlands came out in the 2nd half and laid it to Graham! They didn't get a first down the entire sencond half until that last drive!

And you are right about the Graham fans. Where in the hell were you guys going to?? Nice way to support your team. And a pitiful turnout also. Richlands side was 3/4 or more full. Graham was half full at best. (that is being generous)

Great turnout for the BIG BLUE FANS!!

I believe Richlands has silenced any of those critics they may have had with this win.

Jennings had like 17 rushes for 164 yhards (if i heard 105.5 correctly)

That surprised me to say the least. I didn't even think he had 10 rushes for the entire game.

And Austin Fuller is a great receiver! Great hands! And only a junior. Will be the starting QB nest year.

Overall, great game for any Blues fan.

Now let's get ready for them Bulldogs next week!

They barely beat Abingdon 31-24. Little surprised with that one.

nice post, just one other thing-What in the world does Graham practice throughout the week? Same plays over and over, and extremely predictable. Most can guess the play by the formation their lined up in

Gman, I agree with you on everything. When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the visitor's side crowd. Great turnout on Richlands part. (Yeah, I think they had more fans.)

McCracken again impressed me. Not a world beating performance, but he showed poise and toughness.

I was amazed at how many times Graham had McCracken and Jennings trapped for a loss, and they got away. Sadly, the two best hits I saw tonight for Graham were by Branch on punts.

I agree with GMan, tough to watch the zebra show, I was affraid they would determine this one. A. Fuller is a total package on both sides of the ball.

Good luck GMen on the rest of your season.

[ QUOTE ]

The officiating was pretty bad. I don't think Richlands had one punt reurn tonight that didn't have either a block in the back or a hold. And i did enjoy that ref who threw the flag as far as his muscular arms would allow.

[/ QUOTE ]

In their game with Grundy, I want to say I remember the flag raining down on the Blues punt returns as well. Awful fishy to have that much holding/blocking from behind on special teams, yet I don't remember a single call of the sort the rest of the game.

The people I work with have sung some high praises for Austin Fuller. He wasn't thrown to much the one time I saw him, but let me say this: Richland's appeared to have great depth at WR. I noticed no difference between any of the WRs. They all seemed to have good hands, run the routes they way they are planned, and all of them have decent speed and the ability to make one guy miss.

It looks like it will take a physical D-line with a Secondary who can man up on the WRs to slow down Richlands passing. And even with that, you'll need LBers who can spy Jennings or otherwise he'll eat your lunch. There is no way you can sit back and try to prevent the big play. This offense is built to dink and dunk defenses with all of the short, quick passes, but mismatches and exceptional playmakers make it look like a quick stike, 2 minutes or less per Touchdown team.

I too was a little suprised by Grahams play calling, if they sent a slot into motion they were handing him the ball if they didnt they were handing it to 21. The passes they ran also did not suit their qb at all he didnt have that big arm to throw deep passes he needed short timing routes yet they kept trying to get him to throw deep. Great game and best of luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Graham did give it a good shot during the first half of the ballgame........the Blues always come back after 1/2 time with a great 3rd quarter....I wasn't at the game in person but listened to Ron and Dave......they rarely question the officiating but they did say things were missed both ways........I think they need to send all the refs to some kind of school or buy them glasses, but then again the Blues usually get the bad end of the deal at Mitchell Stadium in the ref department. Lets get ready to put those Dawgs in the Dawg House next Friday!!!

bluesclaphands.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Graham did give it a good shot during the first half of the ballgame........the Blues always come back after 1/2 time with a great 3rd quarter....I wasn't at the game in person but listened to Ron and Dave......they rarely question the officiating but they did say things were missed both ways........I think they need to send all the refs to some kind of school or buy them glasses, but then again the Blues usually get the bad end of the deal at Mitchell Stadium in the ref department. Lets get ready to put those Dawgs in the Dawg House next Friday!!!

bluesclaphands.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Richlands needs to be penalized by this post somehow, because the "how bout them blues" in sparkling baby blue may be one of the gayest things I have ever seen.

On a football note though, fans criticize the refs too much!! They are human and are susceptible to making mistakes, and I can guarantee that refs are not biased toward one team or another, although it may seem that way.

The refs at the Tazewell game were top notch, even though the Tazewell fans didn't like a pass interference call at the end of the first half, it was the correct call.

on one of the attempts for 2 by the Blues they called a pass interference that in my eyes was a completely legal hit because it was after the ball was touched by the reciever...and what happened in order for the pass interference call that set up one of the Blue touchdowns to Fuller?

Oh grow up! RHS71 is a woman who graduated in 1971 and loves Richlands football. If you don't like it MOVE ON to a thread that suits you! It's comments like yours that discourage people from posting on this board.

no im not at all..those were just two penalties that stuck out in my mind..there was the one on Fuller i believe but im not sure where they said he held back Yost even though it was very uncatchable....i just wanna know what happened on that 2 point conversion

Who me?

Didn't say they were "out of the way"

Just don't need a graham fan trying to make excuses about the refs. That just takes away from what Richlands accomplished last night.

They missed several calls on graham but i'm not going to talk about them all week long.

Man up and admit they got beat by the better team. Plain and simple.

The officiating was rough at best last night just as GMan called it. Bad calls both ways. Richlands was better balanced the second half. Penalties will hurt us down the road, we need to correct this now before regional playoffs.