My thoughts on Graham-Richlands...

GMan

for the last time IM NOT BLAMING THE REFS..i just wanted to know why they called it on that one 2-point conversion..it looked like a good hit...not early or anything..but maybe someone else had a better view...not once did i say the refs handed them the game...the better team won...i just wanted to know why it was called that one play

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beano, I was on Richlands side straight across from that end zone watching the play. I agree with you, it was no penalty - just a good clean lick as the ball got there/after it got there.

The pass interference on Brown when he pushed off and grabbed the interception and returned it a bit was definitely spot on though.

It also looked like the offensive pass interference call on Fuller was a decent call too, he kind of tripped up and hit the Graham player. I don't think it was a catchable ball for any of them though, regardless.

[ QUOTE ]

By reading your post 89 tornado. We got ya on the first needing glasses. Twice is redundant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read again....classes / glasses....What was redundant about that? No, I don't officiate little league or midget league.

the two pass interference calls against graham on fuller were close calls. it all is the opinion of the person watching. Im an RHS fan, in my opinion the first one did not look like pass inteference, but maybe i caught it late, the one in the end zone looked like pass interference to me, but who knows. Not very good refs on our point of view but they are on the field with the best view of what goes on. its all in the eye of the beholder. bad calls both ways. just something you have to overcome sometimes. RHS did and Graham didnt. the ways it goes sometimes. what i was most impressed with about the blues is the way they adjusted at half time on defense. wether it was the coaching or just good execution, we came out and shut graham down in the 2nd off. after the 2nd quarter and way graham was blowing us off the line and getting 5 and 6 yards a carry i thought we were going to be in trouble. but good adjustment by the blues. Great game

and those werent personal fouls..good no calls...cant stop momentum when you are running full speed...so it was 2 good no calls..and if you want to call those then you have to call every single one where someone falls or gets hit a foot or two out of bounds...or gets accidentally tripped...the best part about the game was our punter Nathan Branch...not the punts...but the hit he had on i think Ben Addison was his name...lifted him off the ground and was just a good clean lick...sad to say..but that was one of the best highlights..

[ QUOTE ]

and those werent personal fouls..good no calls...cant stop momentum when you are running full speed...so it was 2 good no calls..and if you want to call those then you have to call every single one where someone falls or gets hit a foot or two out of bounds...or gets accidentally tripped...the best part about the game was our punter Nathan Branch...not the punts...but the hit he had on i think Ben Addison was his name...lifted him off the ground and was just a good clean lick...sad to say..but that was one of the best highlights..

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually so close to the first late hit on Caleb I had to stop shooting and get out of the way. I saw the whole thing and momentum had nothing to do with it. He was already on the ground 2-3 yards out of bounds when the last guy hit him...

Beano, were you anywhere near the Richlands sidelines to see the 2 late hits on Caleb? If you were perched up on the graham side then no way. They were both late. One alot worse than the other.

Actually the highlight of the game was the scoreboard 33-9. If you saw that. Alot of graham fans decided to exit by the end of the 3rd qtr.

alright...why?? did i say anything to provoke this upon myself? NO...just quit bein such a stuck up prude and leave me alone...have i offended you in another post and you are being a little cry-baby about it...no matter what i say you always argue...grow up...my gosh...are you just ashamed that i know some things you dont and i am only in high school..grow up and get a life...sorry G-Man...didnt want to do it but he just wouldnt stop...

[ QUOTE ]

well the second one was momentum im pretty sure..they missed one just like that on our sideline too..Carper got hit well out of bounds..so yeah..oh well..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was just a bad game for the officials all the way around.

Kid, stop cryin' to gman and man-up. Are you supposed to be coddled since you are "only in high school?"

Goodness son. Be honest about what you saw fri. night. Stop making excuses, whining about the refs, etc. about it.

That got old about 15 posts ago beanoflax.

IM NOT BLAMING IT ON THE REFS!!! how many times do i have to say that and the better team won...and i wasnt cryin to G-Man i just was telling him i couldnt hold back anymore to where i didnt get banned..but you on the other hand NEED to be banned cause so far you have done nothing but start crap with EVERYONE...im tired of it...i really wish i was a moderator cause you would be long gone by now..you are nothing but negative towards everyone...

[ QUOTE ]

well the second one was momentum im pretty sure..they missed one just like that on our sideline too..Carper got hit well out of bounds..so yeah..oh well..

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed...if they called the two on Graham, they should have definitely called the one on Richlands...in my opinion, it was best that either they didn't call any at all, or call them all...wow, it almost sounds like I'm complimenting the officials...that's not the way I intended it to come out...

Anyone noticing a pattern? Every game that is talked about on this board it comes down to one of two things! A - Refs fault or B - "Dirty Players".

It's high school football! Watch the game, enjoy it, encourage others to watch it. Root for your team, be humble in defeat.

What is happening to the children of today? Some ask that question. They get on here, read some of this stuff, believe it and put a chip on their shoulders for it.

A referee will never win or lose a game! A coach will never make or miss a catch/tackle. We are dealing with high schoolers 13-18 years old who would rather play playstation than a game of backyard football.

Sorry for the rant! Seemed like the place to put it

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone noticing a pattern? Every game that is talked about on this board it comes down to one of two things! A - Refs fault or B - "Dirty Players".

It's high school football! Watch the game, enjoy it, encourage others to watch it. Root for your team, be humble in defeat.

What is happening to the children of today? Some ask that question. They get on here, read some of this stuff, believe it and put a chip on their shoulders for it.

A referee will never win or lose a game! A coach will never make or miss a catch/tackle. We are dealing with high schoolers 13-18 years old who would rather play playstation than a game of backyard football.

Sorry for the rant! Seemed like the place to put it

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is saying it was the "refs fault".

Everyone is in agreement that the officiating was terrible at best, both ways.

Its a shame there couldn't have been a better officiating crew than the one that called one of the more important games in the SWD this season.

A good officiating crew is one that you don't notice during the game, that keeps order and flow going in the game...this crew had the spotlight on them the whole time and the game didn't end until almost 10 PM because of the number of stoppages for penalties/meetings/official's TOs, etc...

And no, this wasn't the place for your rant...

Middle of the 4th...but that's because I have two young children 8 and 1...I have been watching Graham for 30+ years, There were a lot of stoppages in play...game took a long time..at least that's why I left. Anybody who has gotten stuck in that parking lot with a screaming one year old in a car seat can probably understand. Anyway, that's my excuse for leaving early, as far as the game....the refs sucked...Both teams were good, Richlands has more depth. I'd have to say Richlands is the favorite to win the region and Graham probably at #2. If they meet again, Graham will have to eliminate the mistakes and pray for another officiating crew.