MinuteMan

Abingdon/Richlands  

1. 1. Abingdon/Richlands

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I don't blame you! Q. who has richlands played this year that even come close to a team like Salem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands plays the team that lines up in front of them. It's that simple. Graham fans like to talk about playing (and losing to) Blacksburg and Martinsville but the fact is Richlands is 45 minutes farther from those school than Graham. That's an extra 90 minutes on the road. Richlands Plays every AA school this side of Pulaski and the A schools they play are nearly as big (if not bigger) than Graham.

It may be fun to talk about how Richlands would do against Salem... but that's fantasy football because it's not going to happen. They play Virginia High next and that simple fact makes it the most important game of the year.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont like salem

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither do I thats why I want to see them get smashed this year, but I still think they can beat Richlands. I think whoever Salem plays in the Roanoke Valley will beat them in the playoffs. Hopefully they play Liberty- Bedford

I tell you what this is starting to get old. I have heard this same arguement for the last three years from other teams. Richlands plays who they play, Graham plays who they play, tazwell plays who they play and so on. The good thing about Richlands is that they win theirs and everyone else does not. I agree Richlands has not played any good competition. But think about it. Is it because these teams are not anygood or is Richlands that much better than them. You can not answer that question with a factual statement just an opinion. I cant either. But why does most people from other schools always, at least for the past three years always go back and say Richlands will not beat someone out east because they play nobody out here. I guess we will have to start playing salem in the regular season before this hogwash will stop. Another thing that will make it stop is to win state. So lets go out and do it guys.

I myself believes it would be worth the extra hour drive to shut up my critics dont you want to see how Richlands would fair against some real good quality div.4 opponents?other than talk.the coaches can make it happen if they want too.instead they use that travel crap and dont nodoby want to play us stuff.thats all hogwash and everyone knows it.and by the way,martinsville and blacksburg dont always beat graham.how many times has graham beat richlands?more than richlands has beat graham that a fact not fantasy.

[ QUOTE ]

I myself believes it would be worth the extra hour drive to shut up my critics dont you want to see how Richlands would fair against some real good quality div.4 opponents?other than talk.the coaches can make it happen if they want too.instead they use that travel crap and dont nodoby want to play us stuff.thats all hogwash and everyone knows it.and by the way,martinsville and blacksburg dont always beat graham.how many times has graham beat richlands?more than richlands has beat graham that a fact not fantasy.

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell you the truth ghs84 I think you should just worry about Graham and the schedule they play and not concern yourself with Richlands. I've always gotten along with you and consider you a friend but you're constant trashing of Richlands is getting a little old.

[ QUOTE ]

how many times has graham beat richlands?more than richlands has beat graham that a fact not fantasy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....my high school class ('89, thank you very much) went 3-1 against Graham. Fact, not fantasy. And has about as much to do with anything as..... well, anything else.

[ QUOTE ]

What about the other 17 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about them?

The purpose of my post (assuming I had one) was to demonstrate how pointless lines of argument such as these really are.

Will it really make either of us feel any better or worse right now if we know that our school will win or lose the next 738 meetings in a row?

graham has won several more games than richlands in their head to head matchups........however, richlands has won the last 4 and will be favored to win the 5th game should they meet in the playoffs........also (knowing what richlands returns and what graham loses) richlands will be favored to win both next year and the year after that....

in response to this post i am sure the overall record in this series will be posted time and time again and probably by the same folks who got upset when bluefield posters kept mentioning the overall record of bluefield vs. graham....

im not trashing anyone bigd im just posting my opinion like you and everyone else.i have alota respect for Richlands football team they are kicking everybodys azz.but when you guys start saying they could beat beat colleges in the area i think thats taking it a bit too far.they are going to lose everyone does when?who knows.someone could get injured god forbid but it happens.anything can happen.and Richlands is very beatable.if graham hadnt gave up in the 2nd half they wouldve won that game.were still friends i hope.this isnt personal stuff and you shouldnt let it bother you.i use to let it get to me but i dont give a crap who wins or loses anymore.you know why.because if Graham goes 10-0 or 0-10 my life wont change a bit.saturday mornings will still come and go and my family will still love me.so lighten up its all in good fun.now get out there tonight and show us how talented you are with your camera.and good luck to the Richlands Blue Tornado.

[ QUOTE ]

im not trashing anyone bigd im just posting my opinion like you and everyone else.i have alota respect for Richlands football team they are kicking everybodys azz.but when you guys start saying they could beat beat colleges in the area i think thats taking it a bit too far.they are going to lose everyone does when?who knows.someone could get injured god forbid but it happens.anything can happen.and Richlands is very beatable.if graham hadnt gave up in the 2nd half they wouldve won that game.were still friends i hope.this isnt personal stuff and you shouldnt let it bother you.i use to let it get to me but i dont give a crap who wins or loses anymore.you know why.because if Graham goes 10-0 or 0-10 my life wont change a bit.saturday mornings will still come and go and my family will still love me.so lighten up its all in good fun.now get out there tonight and show us how talented you are with your camera.and good luck to the Richlands Blue Tornado.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I don't think it was a Richlands fan who said the Blues could beat some small colleges, and I'm certain the person who did say it was simply trying to emphasize the fact that they have a very good team.

Graham didn't give up in the second half. They were just physically beat at that point. An advantage I've discovered to being able to stand on either sideline is you can get a feel for what each time is thinking/feeling. Graham was just worn down.

Richlands is off tonight so I won't be taking any pictures. I woke up this morning thinking I might try to get access to the Tazewell/Graham but something else came up.

Please be assured that "every" Richlands fan has not said, nor thinks that Richlands could beat a college team. Richlands is a good high school team and that is all I am worried about at this point in time. Richlands is a fun and exciting team to watch, so is Salem, Graham, Gate City, Hidden Valley, Gretna, The Hampton Crabbers ETC ETC. Lets just be happy with high school football it's tough enough in Virginia Single A Double A and Tipple A!