Lousiville beats WVU for BCS bid!! EXTRA !!EXTRA!!

tom

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

i dont know what brickface is trying to say...

WVU is the second greatest team on the planet, behind Louisville?

I'd still pick VT, Clemson, and Georgia Tech at home against anyone in the Big East...during a down year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the world did I say WVU was the second best in the world behind Lousiville? Please point that out!! Also I think its funny how you add "at home". Lol

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said i don't know what you are trying to say.

and only because its a down year did i add at home, those are definite wins, away games would be closer, but probably with the same result.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

i said i don't know what you are trying to say.

and only because its a down year did i add at home, those are definite wins, away games would be closer, but probably with the same result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is a definite win buddy. Just ask USC!!

Guest JJBrickface

I remember yesterday someone said Maryland is not one of the toughest teams in the ACC. Look now!! They have a great chance to play in the ACC championship. Clemson has been overrated all year, they should have lost to Wake.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech has beaten a Top 10 team this year, WVU hasn't.

[/ QUOTE ] that top 10 team that VT beat (clemson) lost to a maryland team that WVU crushed

[/ QUOTE ]

clemson was not ranked in the top 10, maybe #12 but clemson was not ranked in the top 10

Clemson was ranked #10 in the AP poll at the time they played VT. I am not sure what they were ranked in the USA Today/Coach's Poll.

Article from Roanoke Times days after game (End of 2nd paragraph) http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/88885

Richmond-Times Dispatch (Middle of 3rd paragraph) http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Sat...s=1045855934844

[ QUOTE ]

Clemson was ranked #10 in the AP poll at the time they played VT. I am not sure what they were ranked in the USA Today/Coach's Poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, i didnt know anyone really used that poll anymore since its not in the bcs equation no longer......honestly, up until the wvu loss the ap poll was giving them 2 first place votes but it didnt mean much to me cause the AP isnt in the bcs equation. So, sorry i dont really look at that poll anymore.

I am not making any argument on who's played who...just stating that Clemson was ranked #10 in the AP poll at the time. Just to include all the polls they were rank #12 in the Harris and #11 in the Coaches' Poll.

But WV also hasn't played anyone in the top 50 other than Maryland to date either.

[ QUOTE ]

I am not making any argument on who's played who...just stating that Clemson was ranked #10 in the AP poll at the time. Just to include all the polls they were rank #12 in the Harris and #11 in the Coaches' Poll.

But WV also hasn't played anyone in the top 50 other than Maryland to date either.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you missed their thursday nite game against louisville? thats another team in the top 50....actually top 3

I think that one is kinda obvious but they LOST that game and proves my point that they haven't beaten anyone but Maryland within reach of being top 50. Same goes for Rutgers and even Boise State. Their undefeated record means nothing until they beat someone.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that one is kinda obvious but they LOST that game and proves my point that they haven't beaten anyone but Maryland within reach of being top 50. Same goes for Rutgers and even Boise State. Their undefeated record means nothing until they beat someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the vt boost from beating clemson goes down the drain once you factor in that wvu thrashed maryland and maryland beat clemson....so clemson proved to be another nobody from the acc. wvu does have a weak schedule but not as weak as most would like to let on.....wvu has the 35th ranked schedule according to sportsline.com, not very impressive but acceptable.

Guest JJBrickface

West Virginia did handle all of the teams they beat pretty easily.

This was a quote from a popular sports anchor on the possibility of Mike Shula getting fired at Alabama and the hiring of Louivilles head man, What do you think???

Short answer: no. Besides, I get nervous when people discuss bringing coaches over from inferior conferences to coach in the King of all Conferences. The Big Least has never impressed me; without UM, BC and VT it has become one of the saddest excuses for a BCS conference I have ever seen. Come one, Vandy could move to the Big East and guarantee themselves a winning season every year.

Shula should be given a few years after Bama comes off of probation to build the program. Scholarship reductions leave a program with a bare cupboard for a few years.

Boosters at Bama need to remember that it was them that got the school in trouble in the first place. They were the ones who paid money to recruits. Shula is fighting to overcome a lot.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

This was a quote from a popular sports anchor on the possibility of Mike Shula getting fired at Alabama and the hiring of Louivilles head man, What do you think???

Short answer: no. Besides, I get nervous when people discuss bringing coaches over from inferior conferences to coach in the King of all Conferences. The Big Least has never impressed me; without UM, BC and VT it has become one of the saddest excuses for a BCS conference I have ever seen. Come one, Vandy could move to the Big East and guarantee themselves a winning season every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, and Pitt would be losses for Vanderbilt. Connecticut, Syracuse, South Florida, and Cincinatti would be toss up games. Vanderbilt would probably go 2-5 or 3-4 in the Big East.

Hey Im not saying I agree but this guy has alot of balz saying the Big East would be won by Vandy. I think that the Ville and the Eers are legit. Thats all. Rutgers is and will forever be a joke. They are skating by with a weak schedule. The door is about to be slammed shut on Thursday.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Im not saying I agree but this guy has alot of balz saying the Big East would be won by Vandy. I think that the Ville and the Eers are legit. Thats all. Rutgers is and will forever be a joke. They are skating by with a weak schedule. The door is about to be slammed shut on Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rutgers has a solid defense, a great running game, they just lack a passing attack. I also think they are overrated to a degree, but they have won every game so far. They may be able to carry that momentum into playing Louisville, especially with Lousiville coming off the WVU win.

really ? i thought the game overall was pretty good until slaton acted like his hand was hurt. But i did hear that he was goin to have surgery on his hand soon due to an injury in the past. however they gave it there all and i am still a big fan!!!

[ QUOTE ]

really ? i thought the game overall was pretty good until slaton acted like his hand was hurt. But i did hear that he was goin to have surgery on his hand soon due to an injury in the past. however they gave it there all and i am still a big fan!!!

[/ QUOTE ]you might be right