VT v. Clemson--crossroads for the Hokies...

No one realistically gives the Hokies a snowballs chance in you know where to win Thursday night. It’s a Thursday night special in Lane Stadium, where Tech hasn’t lost a Thursday night game in 11 years. This is the type of game that VT always showed well in and won during the “good ol’ days†when the program was an upstart. Can the Hokies reclaim some of their respect and beat a very, very good Clemson team. Or will Clemson come into Blacksburg on Thursday and trounce the Hokies much like GT and BC have? In my view, this is crossroads for the program; it’s a chance to start advancing up the ladder again or taking another step backwards. It’s a chance turn the season around and make a statement about VT football. Another embarrassing loss and the repercussions might be felt longer than some may think.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the game, I believe the marked price is upwards of $30, maybe 36 this season, but I don't think that is correct.

It all depends on the game, sometimes tickets will sell legally for face value, other games they can be around $200 for a single ticket.

All depends on the game.

[ QUOTE ]

No one realistically gives the Hokies a snowballs chance in you know where to win Thursday night. It’s a Thursday night special in Lane Stadium, where Tech hasn’t lost a Thursday night game in 11 years. This is the type of game that VT always showed well in and won during the “good ol’ days†when the program was an upstart. Can the Hokies reclaim some of their respect and beat a very, very good Clemson team. Or will Clemson come into Blacksburg on Thursday and trounce the Hokies much like GT and BC have? In my view, this is crossroads for the program; it’s a chance to start advancing up the ladder again or taking another step backwards. It’s a chance turn the season around and make a statement about VT football. Another embarrassing loss and the repercussions might be felt longer than some may think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't watch Clemson/GT ... too busy watching some other games this Saturday. I saw the highlights, as many of you did. Man, what speed and play-making Clemson has. As a Tech fan, I believe the 'short week' and obviously being at Lane are going for us. It would be an upset for the Hokies to win (according to the handicappers), but stranger things have happened. Michigan State proved that on Saturday. Best of luck to the Hokies.

[ QUOTE ]

ok thanks guys, i was just wondering cause a couple of my friends bought tickets for the kent state game, and they were $57 a piece

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...You got jobbed! I cannot believe you paid $57 for Kent State tickets! Where are the seats?

[ QUOTE ]

Can the Hokies reclaim some of their respect and beat a very, very good Clemson team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that VT has a VERY good chance to beat Clemson. VT has been none to "rise to the occasion" when it comes to playing good teams. FOr instance, when they played #1 USC 2 years ago they only lost by 1 point. Clemson is nowhere near as good as that team was, however Clemson does have a great team this year. They have several playmakers. I believe that VT will wake up and take this win. They did bounce back and beat Southern Miss this past weekend, which I think was a make or break game for them also. VT cannot afford to lose anymore games this year if they plan on making it to a decent bowl game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Can the Hokies reclaim some of their respect and beat a very, very good Clemson team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that VT has a VERY good chance to beat Clemson. VT has been none to "rise to the occasion" when it comes to playing good teams. FOr instance, when they played #1 USC 2 years ago they only lost by 1 point. Clemson is nowhere near as good as that team was, however Clemson does have a great team this year. They have several playmakers. I believe that VT will wake up and take this win. They did bounce back and beat Southern Miss this past weekend, which I think was a make or break game for them also. VT cannot afford to lose anymore games this year if they plan on making it to a decent bowl game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The year that VT lost to USC they had a good O-Line and also a strong leader in Randall. VT's O-Line is AWFUL and they do not have any team leadership.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VT isn't near as good as they were when they played USC.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VT isn't near as good as they were when they played USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about it. That Hokie team was one of the best ever with their only losses being in close games to the national champs (USC) and the team that many felt should have played for the national championship (Auburn) Frank Beamer successfully brought his team out of it's downward spiral and had them playing as a team in 2004. Not sure how he managed to let them slip back to the mess that's on the field now...

[ QUOTE ]

FOr instance, when they played #1 USC 2 years ago they only lost by 1 point.

[/ QUOTE ]

They lost to USC by 11 points that game even though VT had their chances and the momemtum until what many felt was a bogus offensive pass interference call that killed a TD scoring drive and then Reggie Bush single handedly beat the Hokies that game.

I was at that game and this year's team is no where at the level of the VT team that year. There is no defensive pressure up front which is leaving the DB's vulnerable. The OL is not playing to the level where it should be even though they did play alot better against So. Miss.

For VT to win Thursday night, James Davis and C.J. Spiller will have to be shut down and a few turnovers are gonna have to bounce the Hokies' way.

I say VT comes up short in this one 27-24. I hope i'm wrong, but I just don't see enough improvement in key areas to say they will win this one.

[ QUOTE ]

ok thanks guys, i was just wondering cause a couple of my friends bought tickets for the kent state game, and they were $57 a piece

[/ QUOTE ]

Suckers!!! They could get them day of the game for less than half of face value...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...You got jobbed! I cannot believe you paid $57 for Kent State tickets! Where are the seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt get jobbed, i hate VT, i'm not goin to the game or anything but they told me they bought tickets for $57 a piece and i was like are u serious

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt get jobbed, i hate VT, i'm not goin to the game or anything but they told me they bought tickets for $57 a piece and i was like are u serious

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay. Well then, they got jobbed!

Clemson scares the crap out of me. They have so much speed in the backfield, and they are getting their best receiver back for Thu.

Tech will have to play their best. The oddsmakers have Clemson as a 4 pt. favorite. It's games like this that make college football so great.

Yea right,Tech is going to step up the Defense an put the ball in Ikes hands and see what he can do with the ball .Pretty sure he'll make some good plays,and lets hope hes consistent,so he will stay at QB.Hokies will roll 31 to 17.