SWVA Dream team (Matchup for R-lands...)

wavefan64

[ QUOTE ]

salem,blacksburg,giles,martinsville,amherst,hidden valley,franklin co.,r.e.lee,and some others would beat richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... blacksburg wouldnt.. dont think salem would.. martinsville not a chance....dont know anything about the others... problem is richlands wont play them cause they moved down to play the smaller schools till next year so no one will know

[ QUOTE ]

Danny Sparks was big, quick, and very aggresive. One of the Tazewell's best men in the trenches. He was a really nice guy too. Along with Graham McPherson. Where are they now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny owns a fencing company in tazewell... he was double and tripple teamed almost every play

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

salem,blacksburg,giles,martinsville,amherst,hidden valley,franklin co.,r.e.lee,and some others would beat richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... blacksburg wouldnt.. dont think salem would.. martinsville not a chance....dont know anything about the others... problem is richlands wont play them cause they moved down to play the smaller schools till next year so no one will know

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands didn't move down to play the smaller schools. The VHSL moved them down. The region is split down the middle based on enrollment.

Anthony Church was probably the best lineman Grundy ever had to not go anywhere big...He was a beast..also Jamie Layne from back in the day...died in a hunting accident in deer season his senior year..First Team All State..I seen a picture and heard about Steve Knight...they said he was as big as a Coke machine..lol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while you never know unless they actually play i do not follow your line of reasoning when you say blacksburg, giles, martinsville, or hidden valley would beat richlands....richlands defeated graham by bigger margins than did b'burg or martinsville.........in preseason, for what its worth, richlands defeated c'burg by 5 or 6 td's to 0 with 3 starting linemen out due to injury.......giles beat c'burg by 4 td's in their game.....and c'burg dominated hidden valley this week (just one week after HV handled b'burg)...i'm not saying richlands couldn't lose to those teams, i just don't understand a definite statement saying richlands would lose....most evidence would point to richlands being favored in a game against each of those teams.....other than how richlands would match up with lee i have no interests in how they would do against the rest of the teams you mentioned

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Danny Sparks was big, quick, and very aggresive. One of the Tazewell's best men in the trenches. He was a really nice guy too. Along with Graham McPherson. Where are they now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny owns a fencing company in tazewell... he was double and tripple teamed almost every play

[/ QUOTE ]

no question about it, Danny Ray Sparks was the best lineman to ever play at tazewell.....its not everyday you have a MAN among boys, he benched 490 lbs, squated 675 lbs, not to mention a leg press over 1100 lbs.....recruited by ND, Texas a&m, UNC, WVU, VT, FSU, TENN, UVA, and Kentucky....not to mention all of the small colleges....family tragedy kept him home after his sr yr....danny sparks would be in the NFL right now, no question about it....best lineman EVER at tazewell

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Actually there are four teams in Region IV, Division 3 with a shot at a state title.

[/ QUOTE ]

My two cents.... Tazewell will be the toughest opponent Richlands faces in the postseason by far. And it's not a stretch to imagine the Bulldogs winning that game. Assuming, of course, that the Blues and Doggies win their first round matchups.

[/ QUOTE ]

would love to see it happen......the blues and dogs got bigger fish to fry first though, graham and va high

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason you say that Blacksburg and Martinsville would beat us is beacause they beat you all. We dominated you all in the Richlands/Graham game. Graham lost to Marinsville and Blacksburg in pretty close games. So, I dont see how you can say that we WOULD lose to those teams. Im not saying we wouldnt, becasue we could lose to any team we play. I just dont think it is such a sure thing, like you make it sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see...

Salem, Blacksburg, Martinsville, Amherst Co. are all Division 4...they'll never get a chance to try.

Franklin Co. is AAA...that eliminates them.

Giles is Class A...that knocks them out.

That leaves Hidden Valley and R.E. Lee...HV might get their shot in the State Semis and R.E. Lee could have their chance at beating Richlands in the Championship game...if any of the three teams get that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt refering to playoffs g-man.i was talking about a reg. season schedule.i would like to them play some of these teams other than gate city,honaker,and lebanon.thats what i was talking about.

Few changes:

GODFATHERS DREAM TEAM

Coach- Ted Bundy (He Kill Ya FOO)

Offensive Coordinator- Jennaa Jamisonnn (Money Shot)

Defensive Coordinator- Lorena Bobbitt (Any man will play 110% or pay the price)

Manager- Jim Cornett (Rock and Roll Express baby!)

Offensive Line- Fat Albert, Fat Boy, Gilbert Grapes Mom (center) Fat Boys (Rap group)

QB- Optimous Prime (Transformer) Arm like a cannon

FB- Zane Dale Christian

RB- Mighty Mouse, Speedy Gonzalez

WR- David Blane and Sigfred and Roy (Before the tiger incident)

Defense- The Justice League with various XMEN

School Bus Driver: Hank the Drunken Dwarf

Final GODFATHERS ALL TIME: 45 Richlands: 2 Because of Gilbert Grapes Moms Girth and bad snap capabilities