Terry Smith Snake bit....

stubbycurrence

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

the word out of Richlands last night was that Terry Smith showed his true colors, and coach Palmer had to show him the way to the bus. I guess his momma never told him not to play with "snakes".

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP! JUST DUMB!!

COACH MANCE IS A STAND UP GUY, BUT HIS STAFF IS A LITTLE ARROGANT.

ONE OF THE LOUD MOUTHS ON THE RICHLANDS COACHING STAFF SHOWED HIS TAIL! HE SHOUTED ACROSS THE FIELD AT COACH SMITH & VA HIGH, AFTER SCORING ON THEIR 2ND TEAM AND SAID SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT,

"SO YOUR GONNA RUN UP THE SCORE ON OUR JV!?"

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT VA HIGH TO DO, TAKE A KNEE FOR A WHOLE QUARTER!?

UNREAL! VA HIGH WASN'T GOING TO QUIT PLAYING JUST BECAUSE RICHLANDS HAD STOPPED PLAYING!

THE STAFF AT RICHLANDS HAS FORGOTTEN WHAT IT'S LIKE BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF WINNING, WHICH IS LOSING!

IT SEEMS SOME OF THEM HAVE GOTTEN TOO BIG FOR THIER BRITCHES!

DONT WORRY THOUGH FELLAS, AFTER THIS YEAR PEOPLE WILL START MAKING YOU REMEMBER REAL QUICK WHAT LOSING FELLS LIKE. I DONT THINK THE STORM WILL BE TOO BIG FOR A WHILE....MAYBE A SLIGHT DRIZZLE AT THE MOST.

GOOD LUCK TO COACH MANCE AND HIS PLAYERS BRING IT HOME!

the storm has been doubted now for about last 5 years. as for the va high bunch get use to loosing causing your not playing in the highlands district anymore. coach smith should have let his 2nd teamers play - guess he figured his ego couldn't handle it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the word out of Richlands last night was that Terry Smith showed his true colors, and coach Palmer had to show him the way to the bus. I guess his momma never told him not to play with "snakes".

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP! JUST DUMB!!

ONE OF THE LOUD MOUTHS ON THE RICHLANDS COACHING STAFF SHOWED HIS TAIL! HE SHOUTED ACROSS THE FIELD AT COACH SMITH & VA HIGH, AFTER SCORING ON THEIR 2ND TEAM AND SAID SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT,

UNREAL! VA HIGH WASN'T GOING TO QUIT PLAYING JUST BECAUSE RICHLANDS HAD STOPPED PLAYING!

THE STAFF AT RICHLANDS HAS FORGOTTEN WHAT IT'S LIKE BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF WINNING, WHICH IS LOSING!

DONT WORRY THOUGH FELLAS, AFTER THIS YEAR PEOPLE WILL START MAKING YOU REMEMBER REAL QUICK WHAT LOSING FELLS LIKE. I DONT THINK THE STORM WILL BE TOO BIG FOR A WHILE....MAYBE A SLIGHT DRIZZLE AT THE MOST.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's that VHS attitude we all know and love! Don't worry yourself about the storm. We'll be just fine. You need to concentrate on how you're going to manage that annual 5-5 record in your new district.

I didn't hear anything from the Richlands staff but man I sure heard Mr. Smith. If he was able to speak at all this morning it's nothing short of a miracle.

Should he have pulled his starters? YES! The game was over and it was freezing. I'm not saying he should take a knee the whole second half but when Richlands put the JV in that was a clue that they wanted to get it over with and go home. Most coaches agree and follow suit. I guess Mr. Smith wanted to make the score look closer than it was so he can use it as a selling point when he lobbies to stack the all-region team with VHS players.

I was listening to the game and heard they got an unsportsmanlike penalty for celebrating after one of their scores in the second half, did I hear that right??. And excessive celebrating for scoring on the second team?!?!?

Mance showed more restraint than I would have showed. After failining to concede defeat by leaving his starters in the game. I would have put my first team back in and burned the scoreboard down. A 48-26 score could give other teams HOPE. That can be a dangerous thing. I guarantee this week will be a four quarter week for the first team. Graham is coming with HOPE. The G-men caught the 'Dawgs sleeping. We better be wide awake.

Was strong who called Smith out or palmer? both are short and powder kegs. Hello smith will be lucky to go 4 and 6 in the new clinch Mt district. he should apply for the Abingdon Job and try to make those guys a 5 & 5 team.

i am a true blues fans. In my opinion i could care less if he left the starters in and the score was 48-47. A win is a win and only one thing in my mind is a state championship. I see no fault in him leaving the starters in especially the seniors. This was their last game ever. Let'em play. Lets go Blue

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP! JUST DUMB!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the game...The Blues could have hung the century mark on Va High if they so desired....Im glad that they didnt rub the VH kids head in it and my hats off to Coach Mance for that....But guy's it's a 48 minute game....Va High has seniors just like Richlands difference is The Blues seniors are gonna play another week the Va High kids knew this was there last....I dont blame them for playing 48 minutes I mean what did you want?For them to forfiet the second half and go home? If coach Mance had a problem with VH playing 48 minutes he would and could have "stopped the bleeding"...you guys go on another week,they go home and wait till August...Cant wait till this Friday,should be a good one..

there are more games to be played so i wouldnt worry about lynchburg just yet .the G-Men are coming and they want it in a way Richlands has seen in a couple of years.so i would be worried about the next game and dont get caught looking past anyone,not at this point.

When I looked across the field and saw all those clean uniforms, I have to admit I felt they should have, at least, gotten into the game. They show up at practice and do their part, the game was not in doubt, and I feel they deserved to have a shot at getting their name on the stat sheet. Just my 2 cents.

IMO if a coach takes his starters out of the game to keep from running up the score, the other team should also be good sportsmen and allow all their players on the field to get some game time as well. I'm sure all of the starters left playing were not seniors. It was like a slap in the face of the VH Players who worked all year just to sit on the bench so the coach could show how selfish he is. I have to say, Coach Mance showed class Friday night under a lot of pressure from others.

i for one would like to congradulate vhigh. they scored more points against our jv this year than anyone else.ooo.gif richlhands could have left several more eggs on the ole scoreboard this year if other teams hadn't left their starters in against the jv team. grundy scored in the last seconds of the game (with starters) to avoid the zero. the bottom line is our jv team has gotten nearly as much feild time as our "a" team, they have played well against varsity competition,they dominated everyone they played on the j.v. level and those who think this is the last year of richlands domination had better think again because the talent pool at richlands is running over!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Was strong who called Smith out or palmer? both are short and powder kegs. Hello smith will be lucky to go 4 and 6 in the new clinch Mt district. he should apply for the Abingdon Job and try to make those guys a 5 & 5 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon was 5 and 5 this year.

You guys gotta be kidding me. This is PLAYOFF FOOTBALL fellas, why should a team concede defeat like that? You play to win the game, not to make friends, and I have no problem with ANY team, trying to win, by not pulling their starters when a team pulls theirs.

There is no unwritten rule that you have to do that, and if you look at a lot of college games, the same applies, you play your people, try to win, and then when it finally gets too much to overcome, you have the option of pulling your men. If the Richlands coaching staff has an issue with us continuing to try to win, then maybe they SHOULD have left their starters in. Don't get pissed off at a team thats trying to compete for 4 quarters, and don't run your mouth off either. Thats ok, in a couple of weeks Richlands will get theirs, once again.

I like this forum, but the anti-VHS bias is a bit hard to take from some of you. Sure, you guys love your Southwest District, fine, I get that, but jeez o'pete, at least TRY to look at things with an open mind from time to time.

He had to yank off his wooden leg to count his toes. He got one toe shot off in a bar fight in Keystone, West Virginia back in 1977 and lost his good leg to an infection when he was a junior at E & H stomping on some Saltville grapes trying to make some cheap wine.

[ QUOTE ]

i for one would like to congradulate vhigh. they scored more points against our jv this year than anyone else.ooo.gif richlhands could have left several more eggs on the ole scoreboard this year if other teams hadn't left their starters in against the jv team. grundy scored in the last seconds of the game (with starters) to avoid the zero. the bottom line is our jv team has gotten nearly as much feild time as our "a" team, they have played well against varsity competition,they dominated everyone they played on the j.v. level and those who think this is the last year of richlands domination had better think again because the talent pool at richlands is running over!! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, learn how to spell "congratulate". Second of all, if you guys are gonna get offended that teams try to win against you, after you put the "JV" in, then you need to go ahead and leave that first string in the whole game. God forbid Grundy, VHS, and Lebanon actually try to win the game, or at least make the score decent, especially in the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP! JUST DUMB!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the game...The Blues could have hung the century mark on Va High if they so desired....Im glad that they didnt rub the VH kids head in it and my hats off to Coach Mance for that....But guy's it's a 48 minute game....Va High has seniors just like Richlands difference is The Blues seniors are gonna play another week the Va High kids knew this was there last....I dont blame them for playing 48 minutes I mean what did you want?For them to forfiet the second half and go home? If coach Mance had a problem with VH playing 48 minutes he would and could have "stopped the bleeding"...you guys go on another week,they go home and wait till August...Cant wait till this Friday,should be a good one..

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, another sane voice.

[ QUOTE ]

i am a true blues fans. In my opinion i could care less if he left the starters in and the score was 48-47. A win is a win and only one thing in my mind is a state championship. I see no fault in him leaving the starters in especially the seniors. This was their last game ever. Let'em play. Lets go Blue

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If anything, the classy thing to do is to leave it up to the Seniors, and if they wanna give it their best for four quarters, then so be it.