BLUEFIELD 80 MT. VIEW 59 FINAL

bluefieldRocks

17-3 on the season for the beavers. they now go to play princeton for the last time this season. Bluefield has beaten them the past two games.

Moore- 18 points

Ponder- 20 points 2 massive dunks

Hammond -7 points

Brooks - 1 dunk 8 points

harris -13 points

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna lie, this impresses me quite a bit. My expectations for this team has just gone to another level if that's possible. I still question the coaching, but the talent is most certainly there. For Beaver to go into Welch, the most hostile environment there is for any Bluefield team in any sport, and to thump them like that is extremely impressive. Bluefield hasn't beat down MV like that in Welch since the days of Willie Ellison, AJ Martin, Brian Thompson, Matt Gaither, Ronnie Wells, Jack Wright, Terrance Holland, etc.

Princeton will present another test on Friday night, another tough environment. We'll see what Friday night holds, but Bluefield looks to have turned a corner since that OHA game. Anything less than a state title, especially now, is a MAJOR disappointment.

We will take down Princeton. Atleast i hope so. Like i mentioned to someobdy after the Logan game. This team is really starting to look good. Ponder is stepping up huge for us.

Like you said, if we dont win a state championship this season. It will be a major disappointment.

Question though, when did gilliard start coaching at bluefield and who was our coach before him?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

17-3 on the season for the beavers. they now go to play princeton for the last time this season. Bluefield has beaten them the past two games.

Moore- 18 points

Ponder- 20 points 2 massive dunks

Hammond -7 points

Brooks - 1 dunk 8 points

harris -13 points

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude we need video of the dunks!!

just got back from the game, the dunks were sick, we also missed 2 other one by ponder on an inbound pass and the other brooks was up for a 2 handed jam and was fouled by smith...this team is really playin well, the JV played majority of the 4th to keep the score down..oh and the jv won 80-41

Like Rules said, Blufield has been an entirely different team since they dropped 50 in the first half of that OHA game. They are playing with so much confidence and playing well as a team. Im sure that nobody in AA wants to see the Beavers right now. Gillyard is doing good enough right now, he really brought the pressure and fast break against Logan. If he continues to play this style, the championship is theirs to lose.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

this is his fourth year... he got there when we were freshmen rocks...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

The GREAT danny gaither. Man i used to idolize him when i was a kid. I still have his autograph and all the members of the 1995 championship team on a basketball...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

ummm... cay you say state title blowout?

and gaither was known for his "diamond press" or so i've heard. No team would come within 15 points of us

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I love Coach Gaither but some of his teams underachieved as well. The 2002-2003 team was stacked and they didn't even win the regionals to a very average Independence team.

it would be in their best interest not to become arrogant in the least, upsets happen and happen often in basketball. This is another situation where in my opinion it wouldn't be wise to think the titles is theirs to forfeit, they should consider it as something they have to earn.