Bluefield vs. Bluefield

bluefieldRocks

Carroll vs Martinsville  

1. 1. Carroll vs Martinsville

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

richlands didn't not have anyone play within 16 points of them until the championship game this past year and yet, you say they would lost to the bluefield team by 2 td's

.....interesting

no, i did not see them play.....unfortunately, i didn't make it to the game in which they eeked out a victory over richlands (1pt)...how many times did you see richlands play??

[ QUOTE ]

now that's funny right there.....you ignore the fact that 2006 richlands did not play bluefield in the regular season.....a richlands team missing 7 starters scrimmaged bluefield and more than held their own...in 97, a blues team much inferior to this one, came within 2 points of beating bluefield

i guess you forget that the blues, when healthy, twice thumped a graham team that beat bluefield by 20

[/ QUOTE ]graham sucked though so that says nothin to me bluefield lost cause they thought they was gonna show up and win

this year richlands was good they are better then alot of other teams maybe better then blu 04 but parsons not better then 97 u can not actually tell me that u think that richlands could beat some small colleges now can u

bluefield 97 did not beat any small college teams......and they just barely beat graham and richlands.......this past year's richlands team was about as dominating as a team can be in this area......one of the things you hear anytime a team is real good is the phrase "they're like a small college team" or "they could beat a small college team". It is not the truth. While Bluefield 97 was undoubtebly a very good team, you guys tend to inflate them above their accomplishments on the field. We will never know if 06 Richlands would beat 97 Bluefield, but we do know this:

Richlands 06 outclassed their local competition by a much bigger margin than did Bluefield 97.

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield 97 did not beat any small college teams......and they just barely beat graham and richlands.......this past year's richlands team was about as dominating as a team can be in this area......one of the things you hear anytime a team is real good is the phrase "they're like a small college team" or "they could beat a small college team". It is not the truth. While Bluefield 97 was undoubtebly a very good team, you guys tend to inflate them above their accomplishments on the field. We will never know if 06 Richlands would beat 97 Bluefield, but we do know this:

Richlands 06 outclassed their local competition by a much bigger margin than did Bluefield 97.

[/ QUOTE ]dind't u read the post about compatition not being as good or teams not being as big now of course richlands had a bigger margin of victory blu 97 would have beat concord then and now no doubt in my mind

that post doesn't make it true...and richlands was huge this past year.......i think they had 23 kids over 225 lbs..and 27 over 200....richlands started just one player shorter than 6' tall on defense......and how could a team that squeaked past graham and richlands in 97 beat concord??

[ QUOTE ]

dind't u read the post about compatition not being as good or teams not being as big now of course richlands had a bigger margin of victory blu 97 would have beat concord then and now no doubt in my mind

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! I was kinda listening to what you were saying, and thought you may have had an argument until you said that. I know we are allowed to have our own opinion and usually I respect most peoples, but that is a little far fetched, don't you think? There is no doubt in my mind that '97 Blu was an incredible team, and I believe '06 Richlands was an incredible team, but there is no way to know who would win. I know it is fun to speculate, but do you really think they could beat college teams? I loved this years Richlands team, but I wouldn't give them a chance against a college team, not even UVA-Wise. Now Richlands football team may beat our Basketball team in a game of hoops, but thats a diffeent story.

[ QUOTE ]

that post doesn't make it true...and richlands was huge this past year.......i think they had 23 kids over 225 lbs..and 27 over 200....richlands started just one player shorter than 6' tall on defense......and how could a team that squeaked past graham and richlands in 97 beat concord??

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess '97 Richlands could beat Concord, or at least tie them. lol

You had some heavy kids... We had kids that were in very excellent shape though. Ask martinsburg #1 AAA team at the time when they came down to Mitchell and bluefield beat them. They had bigger boys, but we were and always will be in better shape than the other team

[ QUOTE ]

You had some heavy kids... We had kids that were in very excellent shape though. Ask martinsburg #1 AAA team at the time when they came down to Mitchell and bluefield beat them. They had bigger boys, but we were and always will be in better shape than the other team

[/ QUOTE ]

"heavy kids"? .....that's funny......richlands had an athletic, fast group of guys up front....heck, our backup linemen outplayed bluefield this past year at the gridorama..(richlands drove the ball up and down the field, bluefield had 3 first downs)......some of you guys always have excuses, and even when you do lose (ex. graham 26 -bluefield 6) it was because your guys were "overconfident" or "just not ready to play"

"excuss me buzzsaw i didn't see ure previous post but u are correct about the kids...but back on subject if 04 played 97 04 size would definatly hinder them think of the seirs boys trying to block eric krauss or the gates kid and who from the 04 team would have tackled tynes when tynes at one point in the graham game carried almost half the team on his back picking up extra yardage and just who who i say would not have messed there self when they seen dews or dissibio coming through the hole full throtle... see the thing is ppl the 04 team was good take anything away from them but all u long time high school football fans from this area has noticed what i notice every year...they get smaller and smaller and smaller.... i remeber when u went to a game expecting your home team and there opponet to both look as big as at least a small college."

Who you calln' a kid ?? LOL! I think 04' speed would keep the game close, but 97 by 2 TD's !

[ QUOTE ]

Ask martinsburg #1 AAA team at the time when they came down to Mitchell and bluefield beat them. They had bigger boys, but we were and always will be in better shape than the other team

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not need to ask martinsburg.........i think the appropriate people to ask are the members of the 97 graham and 97 richlands teams that came so close to beating 97 bluefield..

i am not trying to downplay the accomplishments of the 97 team.......i am sure they were very good.....but there is no evidence supporting the claim that they played at a level higher than any other area team since that time..

I will end it.... 97 beaver vs, 04 beaver score 42 - 21 1997 team. 04 was def. great, but 97 was sick with it!.

2004 bhs vs. 2006 rhs score: bhs 21 rhs 7. have a nice day!

[ QUOTE ]

I will end it.... 97 beaver vs, 04 beaver score 42 - 21 1997 team. 04 was def. great, but 97 was sick with it!.

2004 bhs vs. 2006 rhs score: bhs 21 rhs 7. have a nice day!

[/ QUOTE ]

case closed!!!.....we all know how accurate Blu has been with his predicting the outcome of richlands's games....