Abingdon Football

ehc55

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon will make some head way next year in the swd with a new coach and new system. Better watch out!

[/ QUOTE ]

New coaching, positive attitudes, I hope things are improving in Abingdon.

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon will make some head way next year in the swd with a new coach and new system. Better watch out!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so, I want to see a competitive SWD from top to bottom, but the folks at Abingdon said the same thing when the last coach was hired. Just having a new coach and a new system isn't enough. You also have to do the work.

Typically one might respond with some logical reasoning as to why Abingdon might not have success in the upcoming year instead of dismissing the idea with sarcasm. I guess some people must have all the answers when it comes to running a program.

not so much that...but the politics run deep at Abingdon...you guys have 3x to 4x as many kids as Grundy and Graham...you should be a powerhouse...there is a reason you are not...you have to overcome that first...the problem isn't that you don't have the kids and the talent.

Coming on here and saying "watch out" will only get you laughed at.

PS: you guys are crazy for not getting Craig Plymal when you had the chance...would have been a perfect fit smile.gif

merely stating that it is possible for a team to improve and make some headway must be a bad thing when it comes to all the expert football knowledge that exudes from this board. As far as getting laughed at for making a statement such as "better watch out" I would have to refer to the source and what their particular reason would be for laughing.It seems this could really be an excellent forum for intelligent discussion. It only detracts from this board when people can't make intelligent or positive comments. Especially when it comes down to talking about kids and we all should have their interests in mind.

[ QUOTE ]

merely stating that it is possible for a team to improve and make some headway must be a bad thing when it comes to all the expert football knowledge that exudes from this board. As far as getting laughed at for making a statement such as "better watch out" I would have to refer to the source and what their particular reason would be for laughing.It seems this could really be an excellent forum for intelligent discussion. It only detracts from this board when people can't make intelligent or positive comments. Especially when it comes down to talking about kids and we all should have their interests in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck with that...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Typically one might respond with some logical reasoning as to why Abingdon might not have success in the upcoming year instead of dismissing the idea with sarcasm. I guess some people must have all the answers when it comes to running a program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing so sinister as that. Just saw an opportunity for a cheap shot and I took it.

Insofar as I give Abingdon any thought at all, I hope that the Falcons are competitive. That would be good for the entire SWD.

They are losing the bulk of their better players, mostly Duran Carson and Steven Lowe. Duran I always have said and still say is one of the best backs this past 2 years. And Lowe averaged 10 tackles a game and played offense C. The main thing for Abingdon is two things, which I said last year and hopefully they will listen to me.

1. Got to get tougher and make better tackles. They have the speed and they have guys willing to go for it, but we couldn't wrap up last year and on O-Line take the hit instead of giving it.

2. I will probably get crap for this, and since I wont be here next year I wont care. Adam or whoever is gonna be the new QB has to show more of an effort to be the leader. He only seems like he is ever there is if we were up by a touchdown or more. He always had the arm to be there but its the other part I wished he worked on more.

And I thought the new HC was already here, because he is Boyles or whatever. I will root for the Falcons when I watch them and all, and I hope they go far next year and for the years afterwards.

The main players for Abingdon I think next year are

Tyler Bailey WR=Nothing much else to say except he is a really good WR.

Harry Hunnell- A guy who I have the most respect for, he is a good football player too. I see him getting alot of tackles.

Travis Brewer- When your CB is one of your strongest guys on the team, you know he can help the run game. He is also pretty fast. I see him being used all over the offense next year.

Take it as you want to, those were my thoughts. Good Luck to all teams next year, I shall be watching alot of football.