MLB

GHS06

[ QUOTE ]

I personally stay north of Buckhead. You can always ride the MARTA to Turner Field or any venue. It is a good way to travel and a cultural experience as well. It sure beats trying to drive in that zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never driven, but since my dad has so many times, he knows which way to go to literally avoid all the traffic. I forget the name of the exit, but it takes you right to one of the cheaper parking lots and is not bad of a walk at all. Its just as easy getting out, unless of course a policeman makes you go the opposite way you need to go. If anybody wants me to find out directions i will.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Braves have pretty much conceded that's not going to happen. He's probably headed to the AL East. Question is will it be the Yankees or Red Sox? Boston has been after him for a long time.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the Braves have pretty much conceded that's not going to happen. He's probably headed to the AL East. Question is will it be the Yankees or Red Sox? Boston has been after him for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that either. Andruw has stated that he won't play anywhere cold. It's a little chilly up north, but maybe he can make a blanket out of hundred dollar bills.

I think he will end up on the west coast.

The problem with the Yankees is they "should" dominate every year but seldom do.

That's a cool link though. Sounds a little like Quantum Leap with the way each play can change the predicted outcome of the game.

One thing, they won't be "National Champs." The best team in the MLB wins the World Series and thus are World Champions. you could stretch it to say they could be "American Champs" if they win the American League.

Nah, not gonna happen.

A-Rod will start crying because he is getting booed and then he will get into a fight because he is not Derek Jeter and then George will go crazy and fire Joe and then and then and then.

[ QUOTE ]

Not a bad start for the Braves sweep the Phiils in 3 and take 2 of 3 from Mets. Go Braves. (and the bullpen is the pretty good compared to what has been there latley)

[/ QUOTE ]

With the Nats coming to town, the start of the season may get even better. I agree that our bullpen is looking good. However, Gonzalez is kinda scaring me. He hasnt been too sharp the past couple of games. He got into some trouble in today's game, but thnakfully Soriano was there to get him our of it. I'm sure the frigde weather didn't help Gonzalez that much. After that first game with the Mets I was thinking this would be a long season, and even though the Mets scored 11 runs in that game, 5 of which were charged to the Redman, the starter, I was still pleased w/ Redman's pitching. I wasn't really sure what to expect from him, but he looked pretty solid through the first 5 innings. If Hampton ever gets healthy (which isn't looking like it will be anytime soon) our rotation, and our bullpen can be one of the best in the NL if not the MLB.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not a bad start for the Braves sweep the Phiils in 3 and take 2 of 3 from Mets. Go Braves. (and the bullpen is the pretty good compared to what has been there latley)

[/ QUOTE ]

With the Nats coming to town, the start of the season may get even better. I agree that our bullpen is looking good. However, Gonzalez is kinda scaring me. He hasnt been too sharp the past couple of games. He got into some trouble in today's game, but thnakfully Soriano was there to get him our of it. I'm sure the frigde weather didn't help Gonzalez that much. After that first game with the Mets I was thinking this would be a long season, and even though the Mets scored 11 runs in that game, 5 of which were charged to the Redman, the starter, I was still pleased w/ Redman's pitching. I wasn't really sure what to expect from him, but he looked pretty solid through the first 5 innings. If Hampton ever gets healthy (which isn't looking like it will be anytime soon) our rotation, and our bullpen can be one of the best in the NL if not the MLB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for Pedro Martinez or Roger Clemens to pitch before Hampton does. Something fishy is going on there. I think his Tommy John surgery was botched. I don't think he ever tore an oblique or cracked a rib. It was just an excuse to give his elbow more time.

Other than that, an ideal start for the Bravos. 5-1 against "the teams to beat in the east." If we can take 2 of 3 from the mets everytime we play at home, and steal 1 of 3 at Shea, i'll be happy. The rotation looks absolutely solid. Great performances, especially in the cold weather. How about Davies getting the call today and making, what, 2 mistakes! Great pitching performance. I also think Lance Cormier is going to pitch great, which gives the Braves 6 solid starters, just in case someone goes to the DL or doesn't perform.

Sorry, i'm just pumped the Mutts are out of first place for the first time in over a year!

I agree, I agree, I agree on all accounts. Yes, Hampton did "re-injure" his elbow. He was pitching in the bullpen either today or yesterday and had to stop early. Davies, man, I'm impressed. It's gonna be a good year to be a Braves fan. I'm feelin it.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly believe neither of those will even make the playoffs. NL: Mets. They're simply that good. For example, the Mets have scored twenty-one more runs than the Braves, their closest competitors, and have played one less game. AL: Red Sox. Going against the strategy which won them the 2004 World Series, they've basically become a copycat of the Yankees. However, unlike the Yankees, their batters aren't ready for the geriatric ward and their pitchers aren't still in diapers.

True, A-Rod is becoming the player the Yankees always hoped he would be. However, with a team under .500 at the moment, it begs me to ask exactly how much of an impact he has had, even over those first seventeen games.

[ QUOTE ]

Crazy catch by Francoeur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this has def. been the best series I have watched in a while...all of the games have been exciting. I just hope Wickman is alright, the past couple of performances just havent been like him. I'm also worried about Davies, he has good stuff, and I know he is good after the way he pitched last season, before he got injured. Now, we just need the Mets to lose a few and we will be in business.

Hopefully its just Colorado affecting Wickman. I think Davies might have blown his shot for the time being. Just like Macay Mcbride, I think he may be sent to Richmond to work on his control. That means we will be stuck with Redman for awhile. There is always a chance that Villareal will be moved into the rotation, or maybe another young gun will be given a shot. Cormier will eventually take Redman's spot if and when he gets healthy IMO.

BUt i'm getting ahead of myself. Braves need this sweep. Hopefully the bullpen can continue pitching well in this game and we can manufacture a run somehow.